Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Official 2014 SEC Media Days Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The official unofficial start to the college football season kicks off in just about an hour, so I figured we need to go ahead and get the thread started.

Day 1:

-Mike Slive

-Malzahn

-Muschamp

-Mason

Day 2:

- Spurrier

- Mullen

- Sumlin

- Jones

Day 3:

- SEC Officials Steve Shaw & Justin Connolly

- Pinkel

- Miles

- Bielema

Day 4:

- Richt

- Freeze

- Saban

- Stoops

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

United We Stand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Day one will be boring.  Day two will be awesome.  Day three could  go either way.  Day four will show that 90% of Bama fans are jobless and have nothing better to do other than follow Saban around.

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's getting closer.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Wake me up Thursday afternoon.  Stoooops!
Posted Image

HmanHunt

HmanHunt
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bout to win the whole damn thing skohogs!

Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
before things get kicked off let's look back at some of the better quotes over the years

T.J. Moe stole the show. When asked to compare the SEC and the Big XII, Mizzou’s former conference, Moe said, “They say girls are prettier here, air’s fresher and toilet paper is thicker.”

Spurrier took a shot at Alabama who had won the national championship without winning the SEC championship saying, “It’s easier to win the National Championship than the SEC, ask Nick Saban.”

When asked about the Gamecock’s schedule last year Spurrier quipped, “If I made the schedule, Georgia would be playing LSU and we’d be playing Ole Miss.” And Spurrier, who’s routinely asked if he’s going to retire, said every time he’s asked that, “I feel like asking you guys how much longer you’re gonna write!”

Caldwell responded, according to AL.com, “When I took a pay cut to go to Furman as a full-time assistant, my daddy said, ‘You’re an idiot.’ I’ve continued to live up to his word, I’m sure.”

Then South Carolina head coach Lou Holtz was asked by a writer to answer a question in 15-20 seconds and then proceeded to ask about a two minute question.
Without missing a beat, Holtz replied, “If you can’t ask the question in 20 seconds; why should I answer it in 20 seconds?” After the room stopped laughing, Holtz answered the reporter’s question, but not quite in 20 seconds.

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I hope someone asks Spurrier why 1/3 of USC's 2014 class didn't qualify yet.
After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNoah, on 14 July 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

I hope someone asks Spurrier why 1/3 of USC's 2014 class didn't qualify yet.

Me too....it's gonna be hilarious. I expect some good quotes from his as usual.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
damn...they just said this is the first time in Malzahn's college career that he's had a QB starting for the 2nd straight year in his offense.

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 14 July 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

damn...they just said this is the first time in Malzahn's college career that he's had a QB starting for the 2nd straight year in his offense.
Happens when you haven't ever been at the same school more than 3 years.
Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjacobp, on 14 July 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

Happens when you haven't ever been at the same school more than 3 years.

and can we really call Nick Marshall a "QB"??

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I call him a lowlife thug that shouldn't even be in the SEC anymore....but I'm an asshole.
Posted Image

ALA2262

ALA2262
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

The full schedule of events is below.

MONDAY (July 14, 2014)

Session I: 12:00-3:30 PM (eastern)
Auburn (head coach Gus Malzhuan, Nick Marshall, Reese Dismukes, and Gabe Wright)

Session II: 3:40-6:40 PM (eastern)
Florida (head coach Will Muschamp, Jeff Driskel, Dante Fowler, Vernon Hargreaves III)
Vanderbilt (head coach Derek Mason, Adam Butler, Steven Scheu, and Andrew Williamson)

TUESDAY (July 15, 2014)

Session I: 10:00 AM-1:00 PM (eastern)
South Carolina (head coach Steve Spurrier, AJ Cann, JT Surratt, and Dylan Thompson)
Mississippi State (head coach Dan Mullen, Jay Hughes, Benardrick McKinney, and Dak Prescott)

Session II: 2:00-5:00 PM (eastern)
Texas A&M (head coach Kevin Sumlin, Deshazor Everett, Drew Kaser, and Cedric Ogbuehi)
Tennessee (head coach Butch Jones, Mack Crowder, AJ Johnson, and Curt Maggitt)

WEDNESDAY (July 16, 2014)

Steve Shaw (SEC coordinator officials) and Justin Connolly (ESPN Senior VP of College Networks)
Missouri (head coach Gary Pinkel, Evan Boehm, Markus Golden, and Matty Mauk)

Session II: 2:00-5:00 PM (eastern)
LSU (head coach Les Miles, La’el Collins, Terrence Magee, and DJ Welter)
Arkansas (head coach Bret Bielema, Brey Cook, Trey Flowers, and Alan Turner)

THURSDAY (July 17, 2014)

Georgia (head coach Mark Richt, Chris Conley, Todd Gurley, and Ramik Wilson)
Ole Miss (head coach Hugh Freeze, CJ Johnson, Bo Wallace, and Cody Prewitt)

Session II: 1:00-4:00 PM (eastern)
Alabama (head coach Nick Saban, Landon Collins, Amari Cooper, and Christion Jones)
Kentucky (head coach Mark Stoops, Bud Dupree, Jordan Swindle, and Za’Darius Smith)

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
we all knew it was coming....Mike Slive once again fired shots at the NCAA. Reiterated that the power conferences would propose changes to better serve student athletes, and that if needed the power conferences would come up with a way on their own.

Can't remember exactly how he put it. Will update once transcript or quote is available.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://espn.go.com/c...mike-slive-says

highlights:

"We have supported and will continue to support the NCAA as the appropriate governing organization for intercollegiate athletics, but at the same time, however, we will continue to push for changes we believe are in the best interest of our student-athletes," he said.

"The NCAA has not been successful in meeting the full cost of attendance of our student-athletes," he said. "… Conferences and their member institutions must be allowed to meet the needs of their student-athletes. In recent conversations with my commissioner colleagues, there appears to be a willingness to support a meaningful solution to this important change."
Slive openly questioned the NCAA Board of Directors, saying there are "important questions that need to be answered" about its structure.
"For example, what changes need to be made to the NCAA structure to provide significant roles for the stakeholders, the presidents, chancellors, athletic directors, institutional administrators, conference administrators, and coaches?" he asked. "What is the proper role, function and composition and size of the NCAA Board of Directors? Do we need all of the services provided by the NCAA's national office, its many committees and task forces, or are some of these services better provided elsewhere?
"And how do we streamline the NCAA committee and legislative processes to provide leaders and visionaries who will ensure the NCAA's future?"

not available at link, but he also said they plan to present a proposal of changes to the NCAA soon(I think mid August), and continued that "we should know something soon."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users