the current Nick Marshall situation feels too similar to Dyer & Pitts - Auburn Sports - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

the current Nick Marshall situation feels too similar to Dyer & Pitts

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

machineguntiger

machineguntiger
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
honestly im hoping everything works out for the best and he gets to return . but lets take a stroll down memory lane if you will  for a moment.

remember Montavis Pitts ? I was so excited about seeing this guy play I thought to myself this guy is gonna have a big breakout year his seinior year (06).  (06 was the year most thought we'd finally win another national championship) and i remember about a month and a 1/2 leading up to the start of the season pitts was arrested i think for DUI & he eventually left the team I remember telling  some friends losing pitts on D would come back to bite us in the a$$. i'll bring up another Michael Dyer I guy I was so sure would be our next heisman winner but ends up leaving the team a few week before the chick fil a bowl (might have been after I don't really remember the 2011 & 2012 season were both pretty forgettable).

my point is nick being arrested for marijuana feels way to similar to guys like dyer , pitts etc that could've been big impact guys for us but instead left the team after controversy came their way. I don't think nick's going to end up leaving the team but i can't get over at how stupid it was to do something like this with sec media days next week and kickoff approaching in less than a month  (6 1/2 weeks to be exact) if he does leave im not gonna mope about it im sure we'll be fine with JJ & Sean White but all this coming out now just sucks. hopefully i'll feel better about it all by this time next month but right now it feels too much like Dejavu

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
6 1/2 weeks would be a bit over a month and a half. That was my only take away from an otherwise interesting story.

Redacted

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Is it bad I was terribly confused about why a UT fan was concerned about Marshall due to Bruce Pearl being his avatar... still not used to him being Auburn's basketball coach
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 13 July 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

Is it bad I was terribly confused about why a UT fan was concerned about Marshall due to Bruce Pearl being his avatar... still not used to him being Auburn's basketball coach

I was thinking the exact same thing. lol
Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
And I doubt Marhsall leaves the team or gets the boot over something that silly and insignificant. He wasn't even arrested for it.
Posted Image

GvilleDave

GvilleDave
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Still as a team leader he is expected to make better choices.  Especially on something like this that impacts the whole team.  As an Auburn grad, I hope CGM lays down a firm punishment.  If a multiple game suspension causes us to drop a game to someone we should otherwise have beaten maybe these players will realize their dumb azz behavior has a cost to the whole team.  Stupid!
"What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men." from Cool Hand Luke

GvilleDave

GvilleDave
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
BTW - when I saw Bruce Pearl in the original post, I thought "what and inspiring an energetic Auburn man!"  War Eagle!

Edited by GvilleDave, 14 July 2014 - 08:38 AM.

"What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men." from Cool Hand Luke

Spunk

Spunk
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
In some states you can't even cite someone for the amount of pot Marshall in his car. It's not even probable cause to search. There is literally no issue here. Malzahn sits him down, says something to the effect of "pull your head out of your ass, I told you not to tint your windows that dark" and we move on.
Never to conquer, ever to yield.

Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
For auburn sake I hope so. But one would think he would be flying straight as an arrow after blowing one big chance to be apart of a Big university,

Edited by Bigdaddydog1, 14 July 2014 - 10:53 AM.

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

I'm Kind of a Big Deal

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If this was his first issue I would disagree, but let's not forget there is a reason Auburn is the 3rd team he has played for during his college career.

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If he pulled this kinda Posted Image at Georgia......wait.....he did.

Edited by Dawgfan4life24, 14 July 2014 - 11:36 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users