Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics




Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived


I'm moving to Kazakhstan

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#46
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,406
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    7,494
Worse case of white fight I've ever seen....













just kidding








No racist

#47
MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,950
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,755

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 02 July 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

Don't be mad I've got Asian poon on one side and Russian beavers on the other...

Made me think of this scene lol


2013 & 2014 SEC East Champions!!!

Posted Image

#48
NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,667
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,379

View Postnova, on 08 July 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:



Hope it works out for ya but be careful.  As a general rule places that end in "stan" aren't very safe, especially for Americans.

I'm disappointed. You know better than to assume such things without looking into then. There is a freakin TGI Fridays in my city, it's not Kabul.
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

#49
shamoan

shamoan

    I am a double-major in sticks and mud.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    14,584
  • Joined:
    Jul 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    7,705

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 29 June 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:


Posted Image





But yeah... seriously, I'm moving to Kazakhstan in August for an amazing teaching job. I leave a week before the A&M game though, which sucks. At least the time difference isn't as bad as Korea

make sure you hit up taleeb's kabob stand.  best dog in all of kazakstan

Posted Image

#50
NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,667
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,379

View Postshamoan, on 08 July 2014 - 11:53 PM, said:



make sure you hit up taleeb's kabob stand.  best dog in all of kazakstan

Posted Image

Dude... I lived in Korea for 2 years. I'll give him my recepe and show him what dog is supposed to taste like.

Plus Kazakhs don't eat dog. They eat horse (no joke)
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

#51
nova

nova

    Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,249
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,441

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 08 July 2014 - 10:54 PM, said:

I'm disappointed. You know better than to assume such things without looking into then. There is a freakin TGI Fridays in my city, it's not Kabul.

And Kabul has a KFC.  Food franchises aren't a good indicator of stability.

Since I thought I was going to have to go there for work a couple months ago, I'm pretty well studied up on it.  I can say I was very thankful we found a way to get that airplane back stateside.  There's enough stuff in just the DoS travel brief to raise your eyebrows and I got some stuff in my "non-public" travel brief that would curl your hair.

http://travel.state....kazakhstan.html

They put on the face of a republic but they're a quasi police state and Nazarbayev is a de facto dictator the way the gov't is structured.  Mix in all the same sorts of mafia activity and official corruption you see in most of the former Soviet Union combined with terrorist activity spilling over from the  rest of the Caucasus and the end result is a somewhat volatile mix.  Being a quasi police state is probably the only way they keep a lid on it.

So really this is me legit telling you to be careful, not being a jerk.  Keep your head on a swivel and watch where you roam.

Edited by nova, 09 July 2014 - 08:12 AM.


#52
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,406
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    7,494

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 09 July 2014 - 05:51 AM, said:



Dude... I lived in Korea for 2 years. I'll give him my recepe and show him what dog is supposed to taste like.

Plus Kazakhs don't eat dog. They eat horse (no joke)

We got places like that down here in the delta....ha

#53
NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,667
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,379

View Postnova, on 09 July 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:



And Kabul has a KFC.  Food franchises aren't a good indicator of stability.

Since I thought I was going to have to go there for work a couple months ago, I'm pretty well studied up on it.  I can say I was very thankful we found a way to get that airplane back stateside.  There's enough stuff in just the DoS travel brief to raise your eyebrows and I got some stuff in my "non-public" travel brief that would curl your hair.

http://travel.state....kazakhstan.html

They put on the face of a republic but they're a quasi police state and Nazarbayev is a de facto dictator the way the gov't is structured.  Mix in all the same sorts of mafia activity and official corruption you see in most of the former Soviet Union combined with terrorist activity spilling over from the  rest of the Caucasus and the end result is a somewhat volatile mix.  Being a quasi police state is probably the only way they keep a lid on it.

So really this is me legit telling you to be careful, not being a jerk.  Keep your head on a swivel and watch where you roam.

Thank you for the concern but after speaking with the locals and reading up on things (including the link you posted) I have zero reservations. From everything I have seen there is no more danger than being in most major cities. Yes Nazarbayev is basically a strong man, but I'm teaching at a school named after him and political tension seems nonexistent. No one cares as long as the money from Shell and Exxon keep flowing.

From everything I've seen, I'd still rather go there than stay here. A government with corrupt cops that reads my emails is something I'm used to
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

#54
nova

nova

    Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,249
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,441

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 09 July 2014 - 10:04 PM, said:

Thank you for the concern but after speaking with the locals and reading up on things (including the link you posted) I have zero reservations. From everything I have seen there is no more danger than being in most major cities. Yes Nazarbayev is basically a strong man, but I'm teaching at a school named after him and political tension seems nonexistent. No one cares as long as the money from Shell and Exxon keep flowing.

I don't agree with you politically but that doesn't mean I want to see you tossed in some post-soviet gulag or see your head on a pole.  Like I say, just be aware of your surroundings and watch where you go.

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 09 July 2014 - 10:04 PM, said:

From everything I've seen, I'd still rather go there than stay here. A government with corrupt cops that reads my emails is something I'm used to

I suppose you're right.  It's just a difference of degree at this point.... :(