Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Auburn's Philip Lutzenkirchen dies in auto accident

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This is why it's important to have a DD prior to going out if you know you're going to drink a lot... Once you're past a certain point of intoxication you're going to be incapable of determining whether or not your intoxicated friend is "good" to drive.

OmahaBound

OmahaBound

Boston Strong

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 07 August 2014 - 08:49 PM, said:

This is why it's important to have a DD prior to going out if you know you're going to drink a lot... Once you're past a certain point of intoxication you're going to be incapable of determining whether or not your intoxicated friend is "good" to drive.

Yeah, I wish the media reports this week had spelled that out more.  That's the only reason his BAC is relevant at all.
Posted Image

"I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.....Learn to swim"

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostOmahaBound, on 07 August 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

Yeah, I wish the media reports this week had spelled that out more.  That's the only reason his BAC is relevant at all.

Agreed... I haven't seen a single mention of DD's in any of the articles I've read on this incident, or whether or not either of the two women in the car were sober and capable of driving... Insert women driver jokes here.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostOmahaBound, on 07 August 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

Lutzenkirchen was .377 and the driver .17. Lutzenkirchen could have died from alcohol toxicity even if they hadn't crashed, as anything over .30 is potentially fatal... I know this because I died and was resuscitated about a decade ago in a similar situation, although there was no driving involved.

Even after getting the activated charcoal treatment, 2 days later when I woke up, they tested my BAC again, and it was still .34.

I don't know if the girls were drunk; but they picked the least intoxicated guy to drive, probably by necessity since I doubt Lutzenkirchen could even walk... unfortunately, the least intoxicated guy was still more than twice the legal limit of .08.
Posted ImagePosted Image

ShortyPrice

ShortyPrice

vote for me for guvnuh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Not mentioned in this article was the fact that the ONLY person to walk away from the wreck* uninjured was wearing her seat belt.  The other three were either killed or badly hurt.

I suspect that had the ones who were deceased been wearing theirs, they would be alive also and possibly not injured.

I was a surgery nurse for ten years, a large portion of it spent in trauma.  It was rare that we worked on somebody who had not been belted in, I guess because they never made it to the OR, but instead headed straight to the mortuary.

I never ride in a vehicle without securing myself and my passengers.

* it is not an accident if the event could be foreseen and avoided.  This wreck could have been avoided.

Edited by ShortyPrice, 08 August 2014 - 11:55 AM.

"Shorty, Shorty, he’s our man. George Wallace belongs in the garbage can." - Shorty Price Campaign Slogan

Born after the 70s? Learn about Shorty here

And in this YouTube Video

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It sucks that this happened.  You know.  There is just not much that you can say about it that helps anything.

Posted Image

ShortyPrice

ShortyPrice

vote for me for guvnuh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 07 August 2014 - 09:21 PM, said:

Lutzenkirchen was .377 and the driver .17. Lutzenkirchen could have died from alcohol toxicity even if they hadn't crashed, as anything over .30 is potentially fatal... I know this because I died and was resuscitated about a decade ago in a similar situation, although there was no driving involved.

Even after getting the activated charcoal treatment, 2 days later when I woke up, they tested my BAC again, and it was still .34.

I don't know if the girls were drunk; but they picked the least intoxicated guy to drive, probably by necessity since I doubt Lutzenkirchen could even walk... unfortunately, the least intoxicated guy was still more than twice the legal limit of .08.

Bet you haven't done that again.  I am sure that your liver was hating you.

We had the 500 Club at an ER where I once worked, for patients came in with a BAC of over 0.5.  As far as I remember, none ever made it out the door anything other than feet first.  We had one that came in nearly 0.6.  I have no idea how he managed to obtain such a lofty number unless he drank a large volume of 200 proof with a funnel.  He began to assume room temperature not long after they dragged his stupid butt in.

Edited by ShortyPrice, 08 August 2014 - 01:16 PM.

"Shorty, Shorty, he’s our man. George Wallace belongs in the garbage can." - Shorty Price Campaign Slogan

Born after the 70s? Learn about Shorty here

And in this YouTube Video

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'll admit that I've been a passenger in a car driven by a drunk driver way more times than I'd like to admit.  I rarely drove drunk, but at the time, in my drunken thinking, if I wasn't driving, I wouldn't get in any legal trouble.  I never stopped to consider the possibility of dying or becoming disabled due to the dumbPosted Image friend of mine behind the wheel.
Posted Image
Formerly known as gatorhater

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Another observation I've had the last few years...when did it become socially acceptable to drive drunk?  I've had more than one acquaintance brush it off as it were nothing.  People saying "Good luck" as they left the bar with keys in hand.  I've always looked down on people that do it, but it seems to be just a casual thing these days.
Posted Image
Formerly known as gatorhater

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShortyPrice, on 08 August 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

Bet you haven't done that again.  I am sure that your liver was hating you.

We had the 500 Club at an ER where I once worked, for patients came in with a BAC of over 0.5.  As far as I remember, none ever made it out the door anything other than feet first.  We had one that came in nearly 0.6.  I have no idea how he managed to obtain such a lofty number unless he drank a large volume of 200 proof with a funnel.  He began to assume room temperature not long after they dragged his stupid butt in.

My liver actually almost shut down shortly thereafter. I didn't quit drinking altogether after that brush; but I did eventually quit and haven't had a drink for a little over 8 1/2 years now.

It finally dawned on me that I was in no way related to Keith Richards and therefore could not benefit from his otherworldly, toxin-resistant, self-healing genes.
Posted ImagePosted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Damn. Lutz was so drunk I doubt he had any idea what the hell was going on before the crash. At least he probably didn't feel anything
Posted Image

Trenton Thompson save us

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Another interesting twist. Georgia fans, Kolton Houston was almost in that vehicle. He decided to stay instead of leaving. The driver was a former UGA baseball player.  Kolton said "you have no idea how close i was to being in that car"

Really gets you thinking....

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 8-2 (6-2)

Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHerschel Talker, on 08 August 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

Another observation I've had the last few years...when did it become socially acceptable to drive drunk?  I've had more than one acquaintance brush it off as it were nothing.  People saying "Good luck" as they left the bar with keys in hand.  I've always looked down on people that do it, but it seems to be just a casual thing these days.

I drove drunk in college more than I'd like to admit. But to my credit I was never destroyed or going more than a mile or two. Hell I rarely ever got over 40 mph. Looking back it was stupid as hell and I refuse to do it now. I've gotten to the point where I can go out and have fun without drinking more than a beer. So I no problem DDing these days.

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHerschel Talker, on 08 August 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

People joke about it leaving parties or bars these days... Stumbling out the door as they laugh about how they hope they don't get pulled over on the way home, not even considering the fact that they may run over someone or crash their car into another vehicle.

It isn't serious until they get tossed in jail for a DUI or have something like this happen... And even then some people never learn and wind up getting half a dozen more DUI's.

I'm not sure when it happened, but it's definitely pervasive in society now. I think it's almost treated as a given that people drive drunk now.

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 07 August 2014 - 09:21 PM, said:

could possibly explain missing the stop sign.   If they were rushing to a hospital.   Pure speculation
"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users