Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

What's in your golf bag 2014

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 26 June 2014 - 09:27 AM, said:

Man I picked up some pings the other day that felt so good. Until I saw the price. They were like 1250

I gave around 900 for the S55 I play but I only gave about 450 years ago for the set of Ping Zings. I carry 2,3,4, Zing cavity back and 5*PW blade S55.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Jacob I wasn't being a smart ass just a tour player fitting irons and what amatuers can get are different things. Many of them bend and adjust loft for ball flight, change and shave bounce off wedges, a lot of them have added weight to their PW because they hit it full swing 160yrds and wanna know how big a swing is to hit it 110yrds.

I played with Mizuno MP33 that were all tweaked and torqued like that when I was a player. I was just saying there's no miracle cure like they've came along with the balls and driver for the irons yet.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm not looking for a miracle cure. My last clubs before the ones I currently have were fitted and I hit them noticeably better. This guy, I know and trust, will tell me exactly what he thinks I need whether its order through him or go pick some up at retail. I've consistently been in the 80-82 range lately and I have no doubt I'd probably be closer to the 78 range right now if I had different equipment. I'm doing a complete overhaul, driver through wedges and putter.
Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjacobp, on 26 June 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:

I'm not looking for a miracle cure. My last clubs before the ones I currently have were fitted and I hit them noticeably better. This guy, I know and trust, will tell me exactly what he thinks I need whether its order through him or go pick some up at retail. I've consistently been in the 80-82 range lately and I have no doubt I'd probably be closer to the 78 range right now if I had different equipment. I'm doing a complete overhaul, driver through wedges and putter.

I do believe Adams may be on to something with their irons as far as help. The longer iron the harder it is and I've seen a set of those where the 3-4 were kinda like rescue clubs.I carry cavity back long irons for the forgiveness and I always hit a fade with them.

I'm serious about that Medicus though you can probably get one cheap on eBay. Its that hinged club that hinges both ways. That thing gives you perfect tempo and clubhead speed at impact like Ernie Ells. I guarantee you get where you can hit it..it'll add 20-25yrds to your drive.

ROLL TIDE!!

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I have a medicus sitting in my garage. And I'm not too proud to not carry a 3 or 4 iron. Hell, I may not even carry a 5 next time. I'll hit hybrids, fairway woods, whatever. Just want my scores to drop.

Edited by jacobp, 26 June 2014 - 12:55 PM.

Posted Image

The Cowboy

The Cowboy
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@Ramma Jamma @jacobp

What is this spine angle/dipping head stuff? I'm a very amateurish/new golfer and by that I mean I have played once a month sometimes once every other month for the last 3 years.

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I haven't hit a full 3 or 4 iron in years.

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Cowboy, on 26 June 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

@Ramma Jamma @jacobp

What is this spine angle/dipping head stuff? I'm a very amateurish/new golfer and by that I mean I have played once a month sometimes once every other month for the last 3 years.

Watch some PGA players when they show the camera angle behind them. Watch a player like Adam Scott notice how straight his back is from sit up to impact through the swing he strikes it pretty solid.

Now watch Rory Mac while he is a great great player watch his head drop through the swing it leads to pushes and pulls . Almost everyone has a little dip but ideally you wanna stay straight no dipping eyes behind the ball.

ROLL TIDE!!

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjacobp, on 26 June 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

I have a medicus sitting in my garage. And I'm not too proud to not carry a 3 or 4 iron. Hell, I may not even carry a 5 next time. I'll hit hybrids, fairway woods, whatever. Just want my scores to drop.

Can you mash it pretty good with it? Its about the best teaching aid I've seen automatic results...that and a shoe box for slicers. What do you hit on 190-210yrd par 3's

ROLL TIDE!!

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 26 June 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

I haven't hit a full 3 or 4 iron in years.
Long par 3's?

ROLL TIDE!!

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 26 June 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

Long par 3's?

I hit my 5 iron about 205-215 usually depending if it's a good day or bad day. Anything linger than that I grab a wood

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 26 June 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

Can you mash it pretty good with it? Its about the best teaching aid I've seen automatic results...that and a shoe box for slicers. What do you hit on 190-210yrd par 3's

Easy answer is I don't generally play 200 yard par 3s because I don't usually play from the tips. But if I come across one I'm probably hitting my 4 hybrid, 24 degree
Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjacobp, on 26 June 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

Easy answer is I don't generally play 200 yard par 3s because I don't usually play from the tips. But if I come across one I'm probably hitting my 4 hybrid, 24 degree

I play my home course from back there but still from the whites at most RTJ courses you'll run into long par 3's. It seems like newer courses you see it more and older once moving the tees trying to makeup yards on the course yardage to match today's game. The coutse I played in hs is a driver then wedge with 230yrd par 3's

ROLL TIDE!!

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 26 June 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

I hit my 5 iron about 205-215 usually depending if it's a good day or bad day. Anything linger than that I grab a wood

I have to hit 3's and 4's on par 5's on my usual course because its that between yardage I can hit a 5 wood over. Those 2-3 holes are why I bought a rescue but I have no confidence in it.

ROLL TIDE!!

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 26 June 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

I have to hit 3's and 4's on par 5's on my usual course because its that between yardage I can hit a 5 wood over. Those 2-3 holes are why I bought a rescue but I have no confidence in it.

Yea I can't hit hybrids well. But I've thought about getting one in the 23 degree range. I know people that knocked several strokes off with them. I try not to use less than a 7 iron as much as possible

Edited by GoldenRebel, 26 June 2014 - 03:20 PM.