Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

ITT- we're politically correct

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
not gonna keep making a new thread for all of these instances, so any time I come across an article about political correctness getting out of control I'll post it here. Feel free to share.

http://www.breitbart...l-And-Offensive

"The Minnesota Senate on Monday approved John Hoffman's (D-MN) bill to change the name "Asian carp" so called because the species originates from Asia, to "invasive carp". Since Asian carp were introduced in the U.S. in the 1970's, the fish have spread to dozens of states causing destruction in the delicate ecosystems of the waterways.

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers have been fighting off the most invasive species, the black carp from China, the Silver carp from Vietnam, and Grass carp from China from spreading into the Great Lakes were the fish could do massive damage the regions fishing industry. While arguing his case on the Senate floor, Hoffman said that referring to the fish as “Asian” was hurtful to some people... "

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We have a weed that comes up in jan and will grow thick to prevent planting in our fields if not attended to. It's called Italian cheat. I wonder why the PC police haven't attacked that yet?
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 23 June 2014 - 06:12 AM, said:

We have a weed that comes up in jan and will grow thick to prevent planting in our fields if not attended to. It's called Italian cheat. I wonder why the PC police haven't attacked that yet?

Because Italians are white??

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
another productive use of time as usual in the Minnesota state senate.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Can we rename it the Mexican carp?
Posted Image

BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

Dak>Bo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 23 June 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

Can we rename it the Mexican carp?

Only if it starts jumping the dams to get to other "better" lakes....
Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBulldawgFan, on 23 June 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

Only if it starts jumping the dams to get to other "better" lakes....

Well you know why Mexico is no good in the Olympics don't you? Anyone that can run jump or swim has already left the country.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://clashdaily.co...OZ4Lw87r0KEH.99

Protecting our borders and our nation’s security is now deemed as racist by this administration. A judge has ruled the a fence protecting the border is discriminatory against minorities. Check it out from Judicial Watch:

A Homeland Security initiative to put fencing along the U.S.-Mexico border could discriminate against minorities, according to an Obama-appointed federal judge who’s ruled that the congressionally-approved project may have a “disparate impact on lower-income minority communities.”

This of course means that protecting the porous—and increasingly violent—southern border is politically incorrect. At least that’s what the public college professor at the center of the case is working to prove and this month she got help from a sympathetic federal judge. Denise Gilman, a clinical professor at the taxpayer-funded University of Texas-Austin, is researching the “human rights impact” of erecting a barrier to protect the U.S. from terrorists, illegal immigrants, drug traffickers and other serious threats.

A 2006 federal law orders the construction of fencing or a wall along the most vulnerable portions of the nearly 2,000-mile southern border. This includes reinforced fencing along 700 miles of the southwest border with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) determining the exact spots. Professor Gilman wants the identities of the landowners in the planned construction site to shed light on the impact the fencing will have on indigenous, minority and low-income communities. The feds refused to provide the information, asserting that it’s private.

The professor sued in federal court arguing that the public interest in how the fence will impact landowners outweighed any privacy concerns. The data will allow the public to analyze whether the government is treating property owners equally and fairly or whether the wall is being built in such a way that it disadvantages “minority property owners,” according to the professor. It will also help the public understand the actual dimensions of the wall and decisions related to where it’s placed.

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 23 June 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

Because Italians are white??

Clearly you've never dated an Italian chick in the summer.
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

Porcine

Porcine
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 29 June 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

Clearly you've never dated an Italian chick in the summer.
Posted Image

Edited by Porcine, 29 June 2014 - 02:58 PM.

HelmMap.gif

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPorcine, on 29 June 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

Posted Image

I grew up when littering was cool.........

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 23 June 2014 - 06:04 AM, said:

While arguing his case on the Senate floor, Hoffman said that referring to the fish as “Asian” was hurtful to some people... "

I agree. F all you white ass honkies. :trollface:

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://www.npr.org/b...that-is-not-new

Columbusing is when you "discover" something that's existed forever. Just that it's existed outside your own culture, nationality, race or even, say, your neighborhood. Bonus points if you tell all your friends about it.

Why It Hurts

The condolence prize for being an outsider is that you can take solace in the cultural traditions that make you unique. When outsiders use tweezers to pick out the discrete parts of your culture that are worthy of their attention, it feels like a violation. Empanadas are trendy, cumbia is trendy, but Latinas are still not trendy.

"discovering" empanadas on Pinterest and calling them "hand pies" strips empanadas of their cultural context. To all the people who grew up eating empanadas, it can feel like theft.

Of course, there is no bouncer, but we can be careful not to Columbus other culture's traditions. Before you make reservations at the hottest fusion restaurant or book an alternative healing therapy, ask yourself a few questions:

Who is providing this good or service for me?

Am I engaging with them in a thoughtful manner?

Am I learning about this culture?

Are people from this culture benefitting from my spending money here?

Are they being hurt by my spending money here?

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 07 July 2014 - 04:09 PM, said:

the comments to that article tear the author of the article a huge new asshole.............or did I just use a term that I have no right to use considering it might have been invented elsewhere?

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 07 July 2014 - 04:09 PM, said:

You owe me the 2 minutes I wasted reading that trash.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users