Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics




Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived


Former UK AD says he considered moving school to the ACC

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#46
PuddingTime

PuddingTime

    2015 SEC Champs

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    45,287
  • Joined:
    Oct 2006
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13,373
Haith was a schlub, and I said so on here from Day 1.

Just because Donnie Played and coached at Morehead dies not mean we'll be gentlemen when we ram it in

Posted Image


#47
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,691
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    7,837
Since Florida has become the bell cow of SEC basketball under Donovan it seems to have impacted football in a negative manner.Is this the direction Florida really wants to go?

I'll hang up and listen.

#48
UK4Life

UK4Life

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,169
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,456

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 28 June 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

Things are looking very encouraging with things turning round without Haith. Anderson kept Fuller who is a great recruiter, brought a S&C coach from the Spurs and on Florida for the National Championships and he added Fulford from Huntington Prep which could help us with a lot of big recruits.
Hiring someone from Huntington Prep is smart. That club produces all kinds of crazy talent that Anderson can cherry pick. Dude might not be a bust like I initially thought.
Posted Image

#49
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,943
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,082

View PostUK4Life, on 28 June 2014 - 09:34 PM, said:

Hiring someone from Huntington Prep is smart. That club produces all kinds of crazy talent that Anderson can cherry pick. Dude might not be a bust like I initially thought.
It looks like we might already be getting Montaque Gill-Caesar to reclassify to 2014 and come to Mizzou. He's visiting on Monday. http://247sports.com...ecruitInterests

#50
UK4Life

UK4Life

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,169
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,456

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 28 June 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

It looks like we might already be getting Montaque Gill-Caesar to reclassify to 2014 and come to Mizzou. He's visiting on Monday. http://247sports.com...ecruitInterests
Damn, he's a big name that were recruiting as well. Mizzou always seems to have the talent. Getting a coach who knows how to use it is the problem. Haith was the perfect example. Anthony Grant is as well
Posted Image

#51
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,943
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,082

View PostUK4Life, on 28 June 2014 - 09:50 PM, said:

Damn, he's a big name that were recruiting as well. Mizzou always seems to have the talent. Getting a coach who knows how to use it is the problem. Haith was the perfect example. Anthony Grant is as well
Most Mizzou fans have no doubt about his Xs and Os and ability to coach the players. The thing we were worried about was the recruiting and having Fuller and now Fulford seems to be really helping with that.

#52
UK4Life

UK4Life

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,169
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,456

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 28 June 2014 - 09:52 PM, said:

Most Mizzou fans have no doubt about his Xs and Os and ability to coach the players. The thing we were worried about was the recruiting and having Fuller and now Fulford seems to be really helping with that.
I would imagine recruiting the state would be easy for him considering he's been there for so long. Does he have any connects or pipelines of his own? I know Fuller has many.
Posted Image

#53
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,943
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,082

View PostUK4Life, on 28 June 2014 - 10:01 PM, said:

I would imagine recruiting the state would be easy for him considering he's been there for so long. Does he have any connects or pipelines of his own? I know Fuller has many.
Anderson? I don't think he has any connections but he's well liked and respected by the local coaches.

#54
bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    22,998
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    10,318

View PostL.A.Hog, on 28 June 2014 - 08:59 PM, said:

Since Florida has become the bell cow of SEC basketball under Donovan it seems to have impacted football in a negative manner.Is this the direction Florida really wants to go?

I'll hang up and listen.

looking a bit closer msu let their basketball team go to pot and their football team got off life support
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

#55
PuddingTime

PuddingTime

    2015 SEC Champs

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    45,287
  • Joined:
    Oct 2006
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13,373
I'm really interested to see what kind of style Anderson's teams play with.  You Tigers have any insight into that?

Posted Image


#56
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,943
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,082

View PostPuddingTime, on 29 June 2014 - 09:27 AM, said:

I'm really interested to see what kind of style Anderson's teams play with.  You Tigers have any insight into that?
I think he runs a pressure man-to-man on defense and he said that he runs the same offense as Bill Self. The teams will be fundamentally sound with a strong emphasis on defense.

#57
PuddingTime

PuddingTime

    2015 SEC Champs

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    45,287
  • Joined:
    Oct 2006
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13,373

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 29 June 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

I think he runs a pressure man-to-man on defense and he said that he runs the same offense as Bill Self. The teams will be fundamentally sound with a strong emphasis on defense.
That sounds like a solid foundation. Just gotta make sure you have the horses to run that pressure man D. Get beat off the dribble and it could be a long night.  Getting the guy from Huntington Prep was a really smart move.

Posted Image


#58
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,691
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    7,837

View Postbbqit, on 29 June 2014 - 06:18 AM, said:



looking a bit closer msu let their basketball team go to pot and their football team got off life support

And Vandy's basketball sunk when their football picked up,then the football coach left and their baseball team won it all.Wierd crap going on here.Perhaps there's a scientific formula for this.

#59
PuddingTime

PuddingTime

    2015 SEC Champs

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    45,287
  • Joined:
    Oct 2006
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13,373
Remember when we had Gillispie?  That was when UK was in the midst of 5 straight bowl seasons and beating #1 LSU.

Posted Image