Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Missouri wins award

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 22 June 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

Ok, what would have been option B for them? So they get an award for..... not gay-bashing?

What do you mean? Option B would have been to handle it like the other locker rooms who've found out while the players were still on the teams... treat the guy like a pariah.

There's a reason these players go to extraordinary lengths to keep that Posted Image quiet... gay jokes in the locker room are the norm. Obviously that still goes on, as the ever-present social networks and twitterverse proved.

And I'm not taking sides on the issue, Posted Image doesn't affect me either way; but I do recognize that the Mizzou players handled it much differently than has been the custom.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 22 June 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:

What do you mean? Option B would have been to handle it like the other locker rooms who've found out while the players were still on the teams... treat the guy like a pariah.

There's a reason these players go to extraordinary lengths to keep that Posted Image quiet... gay jokes in the locker room are the norm. Obviously that still goes on, as the ever-present social networks and twitterverse proved.

And I'm not taking sides on the issue, Posted Image doesn't affect me either way; but I do recognize that the Mizzou players handled it much differently than has been the custom.

Ok, yeah I see your point now. I guess to me an award for sportsmanship should be more of a team that goes above and beyond, rather than solely behaving in a manner that you're expected to but I definitely see where you are coming from.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
we deserved this award because we made our opponents happy every Saturday........where's the love man.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 22 June 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

we deserved this award because we made our opponents happy every Saturday........where's the love man.
You'll have to get behind us in line...we're still waiting on the lifetime achievement award for that.
Posted Image

Based Potato

Based Potato

I wish I took my breakfast like James Hunt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 22 June 2014 - 07:05 AM, said:

I don't. It just the principle of it. So we're going to start giving awards based on opinions of sexual preference? If its their own personal business, lets leave it that way. Don't tell me its your own personal business and then proceed to become some media whore.

I just generally had a problem with it being such a huge story in the first place, his motives were quite clear.

No you obviously care. It's as insignificant an award as one could get in this conference and you're mad because a gay man is at the center of it all.
Posted Image

Beat Florida Brehs

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postptclaus98, on 22 June 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

No you obviously care. It's as insignificant an award as one could get in this conference and you're mad because a gay man is at the center of it all.

I would think you'd be mad. Because as insignificant as it is, its the best UT has received..... and they have to share it.

Don't act like you know me. Supporting someone's sexual preference is no reason for an award is my opinion, you can make up whatever you please

Edited by GatorHater24, 22 June 2014 - 11:12 AM.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 22 June 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

You'll have to get behind us in line...we're still waiting on the lifetime achievement award for that.

dammit,we can't even win at sucking.....

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's almost like getting a gold sticker from your school teacher and your mom put it on the fridge.

Edited by DjCrenshaw, 22 June 2014 - 03:42 PM.

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
this is nonsense...a "sportsmanship" award goes to a team simply based on the publicity surrounding a single player.  this is a team sport.  I have never in my entire life seen so much publicity for a player who was selected in the seventh round of the draft.  this was all one big publicity stunt to generate the hype to get to the nfl...and nothing more!  if he makes it, its on his own merit, but can we stop pretending that this was about anything else.  who gives a crap about his sexual preference!
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
"I sucked a bunch of dongs and my Tiger teammates didn't tar and feather me for it."

Here's an award. Way to be, guys.

Edited by PuddingTime, 23 June 2014 - 05:35 AM.

Posted Image

The Cowboy

The Cowboy
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Let's put this in perspective. Michael Sam likes to have guys put their dicks in his asshole. Mizzou approves and wins award. Seems to me the award is for most gay and they should be sent back to Big 12 if the B1G still won't take them.

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 22 June 2014 - 11:04 PM, said:

this is nonsense...a "sportsmanship" award goes to a team simply based on the publicity surrounding a single player.  this is a team sport.  I have never in my entire life seen so much publicity for a player who was selected in the seventh round of the draft.  this was all one big publicity stunt to generate the hype to get to the nfl...and nothing more!  if he makes it, its on his own merit, but can we stop pretending that this was about anything else.  who gives a crap about his sexual preference!
The SEC sportsmanship award has nothing to do with where Sam went in the NFL draft or his publicity stunt. It's about him coming out at the beginning of the season and despite that making the turnaround from 5-7 to going to the SEC championship game and Sam becoming the SEC defensive player of the year. @Tider27 :trollface:

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Cowboy, on 23 June 2014 - 09:18 AM, said:

Let's put this in perspective. Michael Sam likes to have guys put their dicks in his asshole. Mizzou approves and wins award. Seems to me the award is for most gay and they should be sent back to Big 12 if the B1G still won't take them.
You should be thankful we rolled over and took it up the ass in the SECCG. Why are you complaining?

GAMECOCK_FAN

GAMECOCK_FAN
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Cowboy, on 23 June 2014 - 09:18 AM, said:

To be fair, it's not that simple.  I'm sure Michael Sam likes to put his d**k in other guy's assholes too.  Well, I'm not sure ( :o ), but I'd have to assume that. :lol:
2014 Football (3-2, 2-2)
10/4/14 at Kentucky; 10/18/14 Furman; 10/25/14 at Auburn; 11/1/14 Tennessee; 11/15/14 at Florida; 11/22/14 South Alabama; 11/29/14 at Clemson

2014-15 Basketball (0-0, 0-0)
11/14/14 North Florida; 11/18/14 Baylor; 11/20/14 vs. Cornell (in Charleston, SC); 11/21/14 vs. Penn State/Charlotte (in Charleston, SC); 11/23/14 vs. TBD ( in Charleston, SC); 11/26/14 UNC Asheville; 12/1/14 at Marshall; 12/6/14 Oklahoma State; 12/19/14 Clemson; 12/21/14 Coker; 12/30/14 North Carolina A&T; 1/3/15 vs. Iowa State (in Brooklyn, NY)

2014 Baseball (44-18, 18-12)

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yeah, you're just never going to convince me that that's something to be accepting of. Racism is different, irrationally hating someone because of skin.  If you like to put dicks in your butt, that's disgusting,  you're perverted and weird, bottom line.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users