Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Can we all agree to stop referring to UT as....

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
209 replies to this topic

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

2015 SEC Champs

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We're not even to July yet....going to be a brutal 6-7 weeks.

Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 24 June 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:

Yeah they all look purposeful.

Yeah, because they'd make it look obvious.

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 24 June 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:

We're not even to July yet....going to be a brutal 6-7 weeks.

I hate the off season

zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 24 June 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

I hate the off season

I hate everything

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 24 June 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

Yeah, because they'd make it look obvious.

Unless the held him down and twisted his leg, which didn't happen, then how can you say UT purposefully did that? I had a similar injury in middle school, just not as sever as Latty got. Did that middle schooler have it out for me?

thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 24 June 2014 - 04:46 PM, said:

Apparently as well as UT did in state.
Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 24 June 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

Unless the held him down and twisted his leg, which didn't happen, then how can you say UT purposefully did that? I had a similar injury in middle school, just not as sever as Latty got. Did that middle schooler have it out for me?

I don't know....were there a lot of other good players that got hurt playing against him?

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 24 June 2014 - 05:00 PM, said:

I don't know....were there a lot of other good players that got hurt playing against him?

So carolina had two people get hurt in a game, and UT was murdering their entire team?

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 24 June 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

So carolina had two people get hurt in a game, and UT was murdering their entire team?

Not just that, your media members were probably spitting on the injured players too...

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 24 June 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

Not just that, your media members were probably spitting on the injured players too...

I can't blame him. It's Candy, they should be thankful it wasn't some other bodily function that they are used to having all over them.

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 24 June 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

Congratulations....when we played in Knoxville and Steve Spurrier called his worst game in 2 years and the officials awards UT a fumble they never should have had and Connor Shaw got hurt and a UT player made a miraculous catch he would never make again in 30 tries the Vols managed to beat us 2 points.
so mad
Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGidnik, on 24 June 2014 - 07:08 PM, said:

so mad

Furious. Only thing that would make me more upset would be to get ass raped on national tv by a 7-5 Ole Miss team.

Negan

Negan
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTitans4Vols, on 24 June 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

So because he dominates the big east with big east talent...it's a knock on him? wat
Kentucky logic. ^^^^
Posted Image

Tennessee Volunteers (7-6) 2015 Taxslayer Bowl Champions

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 24 June 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

Won't in the not so distant future. USC has given us probably our most memorable win in like 6-7 years.
awesome...now youre sounding like Georgia fans!

View PostTitans4Vols, on 24 June 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

I'm not going to argue about Tennessee sucking now or anything like that, but unless I read it wrong, there's some people in this thread who think Butch Jones was a bad hire after coaching along par with/outcoaching Mark Richt and Steve Spurrier, beating one and nearly beating the other with 1/4th the talent those two teams have.

I mean, Butch isn't Nick Saban(is anyone?), but he's a damn fine football coach. Will he bring us back to contending for national titles? Maybe, maybe not. But one thing I do know is he outcoached one of the greatest coaches ever in Spurrier and coached along par with a pretty good one in Richt and is absolutely tearing it up in the recruiting aspect.

It might take a couple years, but at the very least, Butch Jones will have us back to 10 win seasons, and he's got the POTENTIAL to make it national title contention.

Carry on with the "lol Tennessee sucks" talk, but don't claim such bullPosted Image as Butch Jones being "bad". He's already proven he's far from that.
im not sure about Georgia, but Tennessee had the advantage of playing south Carolina in Tennessee.  that simply cant be overlooked as Tennessee has a very large and very loud stadium.  weve won 18 straight at home...there is a difference there!

View Postcocky4ever, on 24 June 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

Congratulations....when we played in Knoxville and Steve Spurrier called his worst game in 2 years and the officials awards UT a fumble they never should have had and Connor Shaw got hurt and a UT player made a miraculous catch he would never make again in 30 tries the Vols managed to beat us 2 points.
the officials called a very biased game that day for sure!

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 24 June 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

USC is new to the whole winning thing I know, but it won't be forever. Neither will Spurrier be forever.
or at least Tennessee fans hope so, lol...

View PostTitans4Vols, on 24 June 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

Oh, we're gonna play the "lol here's a couple excuses as to why USC lost to a team that doesn't even half half the talent they do" game? Really? The only players I would WILLINGLY take off of last years team to be on a team I created would be Sutton, North, AJ Johnson, the o-line, Neal and Palardy as a punter. That's it. 10 players and it's only that high cause our o-line was good, and even then, outside of IMO Tiny and James, you can find a decent bit better players at every other position, so really, I should only say 7 players.

Shaw getting hurt isn't even a good excuse. Spurrier has played musical chairs with Shaw and Thompson so much they're interchangeable anyway. So really all you've got is the Spurrier and fumble excuse, which shouldn't even be one considering how much worse Tennessee was than South Carolina talent wise. And Spurrier's worst game ever? No. He made an extremely stupid, uncharacteristic mistake with his timeouts, but that's the only real issue Spurrier had(and that doesn't exactly change the outcome of the game, either). Jones outcoached him plain and simple.

No, he's proven that by coaching on par/better than some of the best coaches in this league, among other signs(which includes SOMEHOW keeping us competitive vs Missouri and Vanderbilt despite having quite possibly the worst QB in UT history in Joshua Dobbs, at least in terms of passing the ball) and recruiting top level classes in the same category as Alabama and Florida State despite Tennessee being, as the majority of this forum says, no longer a power/a team that only has it's history to be proud of. Your guys' words, not mine, so that makes Jones' achievements that much more impressive.

You're digging your own hole in trying to down Jones with everything you've said in this thread. Tennessee is apparently this god awful program now that isn't worth anything, yet Jones notches a win vs a top 15 team, almost 2, and brings in a top 5 recruiting class. But he sure does suck, no?
youre kidding about the qbs right?  have you even watched a Carolina game?

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 24 June 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

Dooley had a good first recruiting class and then a so so second year and then fell out of the top 20 in recruiting his last year. His first class was good because Kiffin had done a lot of it. Several kids left that didn't want to play for dooley. Not to mention dooley kind of just recruited one position a year, so there was like huge gaps in some classes in certain positions. He went like 2 years without getting any DL's and had to get Jr. College kids.

The UT fanbase will not put up with 7-8 win seasons for too many years, but a part of me believes that once Butch gets up and goes he could possibly be more than that. I'm leaning more towards 7-8 wins will be his floor instead of his ceiling, once he gets the players and his system in order. I could be completely wrong. Hell I bought into Dooley his first year (at least really hopped he would do well), so I can be deceived at times as well; however, I do feel better about Butch than I ever did about Dooley. Yet, if Butch can't cut it, there will be another coach search and UT will be in a much better place and more enticing to a top notch coach than UT has been in the past.
whos to say that butchs records wont start dipping like dooleys did?

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 24 June 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

You've only won it what... once twice, and it was just 2 or 3 years more recent? UT sucked in the 60's and part of the 70's, and it was way worse than it is now. Trust me UT will back in the top 2-4 teams in the conference before too long. USC will probably slide to middle or bottom again about the time Spurrier hangs his visor on the hat rack.
good luck with that!

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 24 June 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

We get a pass because it wasn't the norm for us. For the most part UK has had one Joker after another their entire football existence.
id like to take "who was bear Bryant and rich brooks for 1000 alex?"
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 24 June 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

awesome...now youre sounding like Georgia fans!
im not sure about Georgia, but Tennessee had the advantage of playing south Carolina in Tennessee.  that simply cant be overlooked as Tennessee has a very large and very loud stadium.  weve won 18 straight at home...there is a difference there!
the officials called a very biased game that day for sure!
or at least Tennessee fans hope so, lol...
youre kidding about the qbs right?  have you even watched a Carolina game?
whos to say that butchs records wont start dipping like dooleys did?
good luck with that!
id like to take "who was bear Bryant and rich brooks for 1000 alex?"

Well I would like to answer all those directed at me, but I'll just hit the last one. I said most of kentucky's history not all.