Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Goodnight sweet Redskins

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
143 replies to this topic

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 19 June 2014 - 08:10 PM, said:

What's this thread about?

The executive branch of the federal government illegally (and unconstitutionally) depriving Mr Snyder's, the NFL and all those that have licensing agreements with them of their intellectual property without due process.

Posted Image

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 19 June 2014 - 08:10 PM, said:

What's this thread about?
I don't know about you, but I came into this thread looking for a good @possumslayer rant.

Expected something along the lines of, " I had two bags of grass, 75 pounds of mescaline, 5 sheets of acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, also a quart of tequila, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and then I read this thread and got pissed."

Posted Image

Needless to say, I left this thread quite damn disappointed. Get your Posted Image together possum!

View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 01 January 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

I will not talk Posted Image all next year I promise that.

View Post1dawgfan09, on 09 December 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

I don't remotely care about the EB trophy. And, yes, I am completely serious.

Posted Image

A. Pilgrim

A. Pilgrim
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 19 June 2014 - 07:46 PM, said:

I own property in 2 states and pay property tax in both. Which state benefits my daughter?

probably the one where you claim residence.

The public education system I Gave is a joke. People like you think that dumping more and more of someone else's money in the system makes it better, it doesn't.

Nope...never made that claim, but thanks for trying. I simply pointed out that, just because your daughter does not receive public education (neither did I...at least, not until I attended USC) doesnt mean you dont benefit from living in a community that has public education (some is better than none)

Paying bad teachers more and adding unnecessary programs are counter productive to a better education.

K...never said otherwise.

My daughter will never need public housing. Personally I think public housing is abused by people that are capable of not being in public housing and the system is set up to reward failure and trains people to not succeed. Is it necessary? In some very limited cases. And in those very narrowly defined times,I have no issue with it being utilized. And neither are a I own property in would have streets full of vagrants. Most vagrents will congregate in towns and cities that provide services for them. So odds are they would migrate to larger cities where people willingly pay to support them.

So you think your community would be better off if there was zero public housing at all?

Posted Image

Posted Image

A. Pilgrim

A. Pilgrim
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 19 June 2014 - 07:48 PM, said:

Obviously you can't.

Well, I addressed this...but you curiously removed that part of my post from your response.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, you do not do the same for others.

Posted Image

Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Lol at trigger warning for Redskins....actually just lol at trigger warnings in general, but how far are we going to take it.

"Tonight's telecast of Monday Night Football is intended for mature audiences, and may contain language that is offensive to some viewers. Viewer discretion is advised."

foxflyer5

foxflyer5

I hate that guy.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 18 June 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

Soon every team will have no nickname like European soccer

they have nicknames.
just not publicized.

Posted Image

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I live in Oklahoma a state with a TON of native Americans and I honestly didn't know "Redskins" was offensive to them until this all started.

I thank you Indians for the new racial slur.

But seriously, just leave the Washington Redskins alone.
Perine.jpg
Samaje Perine - NCAA Single Game Record 427 Rushing Yards

OU 0-0 (0-0) vs Akon 0-0 Sept 5th

Based Potato

Based Potato

#3rdyearforwhat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 19 June 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

I agree to an extent, but I would love to hear about all of these advantages that come just from being white.

It's not necessarily advantages that come from being white per se. I'm black and I've been afforded the same opportunities as most of the white people I know. You know why? Because I went to a private school. It's a socioeconomic thing as well. The opportunities come from being "assimilated" into the American mainstream culture, and the further away you get from that the more disadvantaged you become. The mainstream can be very diverse, too, but again for the large part it is white people and you aren't going to find many white people outside that framework.
Posted Image all of you

Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postptclaus98, on 21 June 2014 - 07:09 PM, said:

It's not necessarily advantages that come from being white per se. I'm black and I've been afforded the same opportunities as most of the white people I know. You know why? Because I went to a private school. It's a socioeconomic thing as well. The opportunities come from being "assimilated" into the American mainstream culture, and the further away you get from that the more disadvantaged you become. The mainstream can be very diverse, too, but again for the large part it is white people and you aren't going to find many white people outside that framework.

Agreed, and I think you put it well. And that's why I said I agree with him to an extent. But he made it sound like simply being born white was the same as playing life on easy mode. I've had a good life, but at the same time my brother, a friend, and myself were jumped way back in the day by a group of black teens...I can't say it was definitely just for being white, but I'd say it at least played a large role in it. So being born white didn't protect me from things like that. For the most part we all face a lot of the same problems. And the biggest difference maker, like you pointed out, is social status more so than being a certain race.