Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Predict the record (2014): Week 4 - Ole Miss

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

Poll: Ole Miss - Predict the Record (2014) (49 member(s) have cast votes)

What Will Ole Miss' Record Be:

1. 12-0 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 11-1 (2 votes [4.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.08%

3. 10-2 (3 votes [6.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.12%

4. 9-3 (8 votes [16.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.33%

5. 8-4 (25 votes [51.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.02%

6. 7-5 (8 votes [16.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.33%

7. 6-6 (2 votes [4.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.08%

8. 5-7 (0 votes [0.00%])

9. 4-8 (0 votes [0.00%])

10. 3-9 (0 votes [0.00%])

11. 2-10 (0 votes [0.00%])

12. 1-11 (0 votes [0.00%])

13. 0-12 (1 votes [2.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 30 June 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

You still haven't answered the question. You do understand that right? Kinda validating what I was saying. Why be on a football discussion board if you lack the ability to actually do more than recite someone else's opinion. Is this fun for you? Are you trying to get your moneys worth out of buying the preseason mags? Was there a point in time in your life you had an opinion that was wrong and you are afraid of ridicule for being wrong again?

So here's the original question. "In you opinion, do you think the Ole Miss D is good enough/deep enough to carry them for a season of SEC play for a 9+ wins?"

It really is a simple straight forward question for anyone that can do basic research on and form a basic opinion on. Why not just answer the question? Or am I right that you lack the basic ability to form and express an opinion and need everything spoon fed to you. Its football. Real actual football with all the variables, that you claim you understand. So just answer a simple question and this never has to be an issue again. You can quit being "that guy" that is on a message board with no clue about the game.

They just might be for reasons already named that you of course ignored, but until we know the variables a team faces in real time, that question cant be answered in a worthwhile manner by anyone. Its not a question that any sensible football fan or analyst would ask for that very reason.

Also, Until you understand the impact of such variables on outcomes, you should look in the mirror when discussing understanding of the game.

Edited by DJSdawg, 03 July 2014 - 10:39 PM.

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 03 July 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

They just might be for reasons already named that you of course ignored, but until we know the variables a team faces in real time, that question cant be answered in a worthwhile manner by anyone. Its not a question that any sensible football fan or analyst would ask for that very reason.

Also, Until you understand the impact of such variables on outcomes, you should look in the mirror when discussing understanding of the game.

So you didn't take the time to research a good answer just dodging the question. I fully understand the impact of various unforseen events on a competitive team sports. I grew up playing just about every sport I could find or be signed up for from 4 years old through college. Given the lowered expectations from the Ole Miss O and the on paper strength of Ole Miss's D its a fairly popular question among football fans this off season.

So based on your tapdance, football fans and analyst shouldn't discuss predictions of team records or individual or team expectations? They should limit discussion to dissecting box scores after the fact?

Posted Image

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 04 July 2014 - 06:34 AM, said:

So you didn't take the time to research a good answer just dodging the question. I fully understand the impact of various unforseen events on a competitive team sports. I grew up playing just about every sport I could find or be signed up for from 4 years old through college. Given the lowered expectations from the Ole Miss O and the on paper strength of Ole Miss's D its a fairly popular question among football fans this off season.

So based on your tapdance, football fans and analyst shouldn't discuss predictions of team records or individual or team expectations? They should limit discussion to dissecting box scores after the fact?

Just because you ask the question doesnt make it fairly popular. If you truly understood the impact of unforseen events on the outcome of a game or reason, you would fully understand why your question lacks merit, and why the "predict the record" game is pointless and proves little nothing. The reasoning behind a prediction tells us a bunch more about ones intellect, so lets rewind some:

The point from the very start was that it was dumb for you to claim the OM D has huge question marks because of how it performed in 2013 and they return 10 starters. The Ole Miss D should improve for those obvious reasons, and you have done a fine dance around that idea, which should fool no one.

As for the O, who has lowered the expectations?  They return their SR QB, who should be much closer to the top of the SEC than the last 2 years, a very promising WR and TE tandem, a RB that did very well vs LSU, and who could turn out to be a 1st round pick at LT.

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 04 July 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

Just because you ask the question doesnt make it fairly popular. If you truly understood the impact of unforseen events on the outcome of a game or reason, you would fully understand why your question lacks merit, and why the "predict the record" game is pointless and proves little nothing. The reasoning behind a prediction tells us a bunch more about ones intellect, so lets rewind some:

The point from the very start was that it was dumb for you to claim the OM D has huge question marks because of how it performed in 2013 and they return 10 starters. The Ole Miss D should improve for those obvious reasons, and you have done a fine dance around that idea, which should fool no one.

As for the O, who has lowered the expectations?  They return their SR QB, who should be much closer to the top of the SEC than the last 2 years, a very promising WR and TE tandem, a RB that did very well vs LSU, and who could turn out to be a 1st round pick at LT.

My questions are D revolve around the expectation of them carrying the team for a season. They are a bit undersized and not every deep and quite frankly I don't see them going it.

Since you seem to think Ole Miss has a top tier D and a solid balanced O where would you put them in the expected wins/loses total. Most people have them at 8-4. Wonder why that is?

Well we both know you will not answer a single simple football question so I am wasting my time attempting to have a conversation with you. Go back to freezing up if anyone asks you a question not covered in your preseason mags.

Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
8/28: Boise State (at Atlanta, GA) - W
9/6: at Vanderbilt - W
9/13: UL Lafayette - W
9/20: OPEN
9/27: Memphis - W
10/4: Alabama - L
10/11: at Texas A&M - Toss-up
10/18: Tennessee - W
10/25: at LSU - L
11/1: Auburn - L
11/8: Presbyterian - W
11/15: OPEN
11/22: at Arkansas - W
11/29: Mississippi State - Toss-up

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 05 July 2014 - 04:56 AM, said:

My questions are D revolve around the expectation of them carrying the team for a season. They are a bit undersized and not every deep and quite frankly I don't see them going it.

Since you seem to think Ole Miss has a top tier D and a solid balanced O where would you put them in the expected wins/loses total. Most people have them at 8-4. Wonder why that is?

Well we both know you will not answer a single simple football question so I am wasting my time attempting to have a conversation with you. Go back to freezing up if anyone asks you a question not covered in your preseason mags.

Not only do you ignore the specifics about their D, now you are avoiding the specifics about their O. All you can talk about is your irrational expectations based upon who knows what and preseason mags that no one is talking about.

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 05 July 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

Not only do you ignore the specifics about their D, now you are avoiding the specifics about their O. All you can talk about is your irrational expectations based upon who knows what and preseason mags that no one is talking about.

Clicked thinking maybe this time it will be worth the effort.

Left unsurprised.

Posted Image

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 05 July 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

Clicked thinking maybe this time it will be worth the effort.

Left unsurprised.

Whats ridiculous about this is that you doing the same thing, but on a higher level and not realizing it. The difference is what each of us ignore, and what we respond with.

Edited by DJSdawg, 05 July 2014 - 06:58 PM.

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 05 July 2014 - 06:56 PM, said:

Whats ridiculous about this is that you doing the same thing, but on a higher level and not realizing it. The difference is what each of us ignore, and what we respond with.
Actually I answered every question you asked. I'm still waiting for you to actually answer if you think the Ole Miss D is good enough/deep enough to carry them to a 9+ win season. Let's assume normal injuries.

Yes or no will work.

Posted Image

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 05 July 2014 - 07:06 PM, said:

Actually I answered every question you asked. I'm still waiting for you to actually answer if you think the Ole Miss D is good enough/deep enough to carry them to a 9+ win season. Let's assume normal injuries.

Yes or no will work.

Incorrect. You havent responded directly to any point I have made. Just on this page..................

I already answered your question by saying "They just might be for reasons already named".  Remember, its the reasoning that matters.

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 04 July 2014 - 06:34 AM, said:

Given the lowered expectations from the Ole Miss O

You still havent explained your way through this idea..........

The Joker

The Joker

Let's put a smile on that face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
8-4 here....
Posted Image

Blu-ray Disc Movie Collection: 906
Newest Purchase: Oculus

"Honor the vision of your founders, and respect the most sublime Constitution devised by human intelligence." - Daniel Hannan - British Member Of Parliament.

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We will beat auburn or lsu

Benny

Benny

Mike Slive, Jr.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Ole Miss, with its superior talent, should be no less than 11-1.
Fire Bracky Brett

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
🐂💩
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users