Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

2014 MLB Draft. How does it affect your team

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Sam Hentges signed today. Our first and probably only draft casualty.
They came in with a good offer over his asking price and kicked in a $160,000 scholarship fund.

Only one more guy may not make it, and the Mets may not have enough money available to sign Bonfield.

Bonfield is a bigger need than Hentges. We'll have plenty of pitching, but we need a bat like Bonfield.
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Losing the National POTY probably isn't going to help us, if that's what you're asking.
Posted Image

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@GoldenRebel, we have BATS coming to Fayetteville. Only lost one recruit to the draft, in Sam Hentges, but he's a pitcher and we have plenty.

Our biggest problem for next year is figuring out which players are going to be told to move on. I love Tyler Spoon because I've known him and his family for years, but its going to be tough for him to start in the outfield next year.

Jeff Sullivan @JSully12     ·   12m    

Luke Bonfield going to school. That type of bat doesn't make it to school often. Was a top 5 pure hitter on the showcase circuit last year!

Luke Bonfield @LukeBonfield     ·   19m    

I have made my decision and I have decided to by pass Pro ball for now and honor my commitment to Arkansas #WPS #OmaHogs ⚾️
Posted Image

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@GoldenRebel, we have BATS coming to Fayetteville. Only lost one recruit to the draft, in Sam Hentges, but he's a pitcher and we have plenty.

Our biggest problem for next year is figuring out which players are going to be told to move on. I love Tyler Spoon because I've known him and his family for years, but its going to be tough for him to start in the outfield next year.

Jeff Sullivan @JSully12     ·   12m    

Luke Bonfield going to school. That type of bat doesn't make it to school often. Was a top 5 pure hitter on the showcase circuit last year!

Luke Bonfield @LukeBonfield     ·   19m    

I have made my decision and I have decided to by pass Pro ball for now and honor my commitment to Arkansas #WPS #OmaHogs ⚾️
Posted Image

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Perfect Game has updated their recruiting rankings and have Arkansas with the #2 class in the nation, behind LSU. We could go to #1 if an LSU commit opts to go pro.

After JUCO's are factored in we'll probably be #1 anyway.  Class full of hitters, I'm pumped.
Posted Image