Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

NO game suspensions for DeLoach and Taylor at UGA

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 06 June 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

I wouldn't call it bragging so much as enjoying the fact that our rivals will be disappointed.

I couldn't care less who UGA suspends(except i think any man who hits a woman doesn't deserve a scholarship).....just be ready to catch hell for it. Remember all the sh!t you guys talked about LSU and Auburn? If this trend continues you can expect the same type of criticism.

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 06 June 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

I couldn't care less who UGA suspends(except i think any man who hits a woman doesn't deserve a scholarship).....just be ready to catch hell for it. Remember all the sh!t you guys talked about LSU and Auburn? If this trend continues you can expect the same type of criticism.

Thats just a tad different. When UGA starts actively recruiting players kicked out of other schools, thats where I draw the line. At the same time, you can understand how we might start not being so quick on the trigger with dismissals/suspensions. We kick someone out, our rival just picks them up, which is pretty Posted Imagety. I'd rather keep them around on bench duty if you ask me

Edit: Again, also note that you can't really get on UGA too much about discipline issues. We did just kick 2 players off the team in areas of our greatest need. Somehow I don't think we're in danger of becoming as morally inept as LSU or AU

Edited by GatorHater24, 06 June 2014 - 07:01 PM.

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 06 June 2014 - 06:15 PM, said:

The level where you actually brag about players not getting suspended for stealing.

That puts us on a more level playing field in the sec. Finally. Been playing behind the 8 ball for too long. No reason to suspend kids who wouldn't be suspended at other schools.
Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
They should have been suspended, lucky to not be kicked off the team. I don't care how gutter scummy other schools like Auburn and UT are or not
Posted Image

Trenton Thompson save us

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Heck we kicked our coach off the team.We got this all wrong.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 06 June 2014 - 07:48 PM, said:

That puts us on a more level playing field in the sec. Finally. Been playing behind the 8 ball for too long. No reason to suspend kids who wouldn't be suspended at other schools.

Can you give an example of a similar situation at another school in which the player(s) wasn't suspended?

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 06 June 2014 - 08:13 PM, said:

Can you give an example of a similar situation at another school in which the player(s) wasn't suspended?

Was Dion lecorn suspended for his weed arrest? Was jameis Winston suspended for stealing seafood?

it should be common knowledge that Uga goes further than our peers in regards to punishment, which really serves no purpose other than to help our opponents, so I understand why our rivals are mad.
Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 06 June 2014 - 08:25 PM, said:

Was Dion lecorn suspended for his weed arrest? Was jameis Winston suspended for stealing seafood?

it should be common knowledge that Uga goes further than our peers in regards to punishment, which really serves no purpose other than to help our opponents, so I understand why our rivals are mad.

Lol wut?? You point out one instance in which the charges were dropped due to lack of evidence AND the player passed a drug test issued two days afterwards, then say it's evidence that UGA is at an unfair advantage? We've had players suspended for weed since then.

But good luck on your "getting to f$u's level" 2014 goals

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
You don't really believe that lack of evidence bs do ya?

The 19-year-old freshman was released on his own recognizance after spending the night in jail.

A police report says the player from Ocala, Fla., and two other men told police they had been smoking marijuana Sunday night in a car at the complex, about 10 miles from the university. An officer on patrol smelled the marijuana when she came over to the car to tell the men to turn down the music.

Police said they found a burnt marijuana cigarette in the ashtray during a search and Lecorn indicated it was his.

Edited by DJSdawg, 06 June 2014 - 08:42 PM.

Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Who cares about weed, though UGA has a hilariously archaic punishment system for players that test positive for mary jane
Posted Image

Trenton Thompson save us

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 06 June 2014 - 08:39 PM, said:

You don't really believe that lack of evidence bs do ya?

Well there have been other players suspended for having weed, and the charges stuck. Lack of evidence could've been anything. Maybe they found it in a car so they charged everyone and sorted it out later. I don't know. What I do know is that we've had players suspended for weed. If you want to say you have an unfair playing field because of drug test policy that's one thing, but the arrests thing isn't a disadvantage due to having strict rules, it's a disadvantage due to having dumbasses on the team.

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 06 June 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

Who cares about weed, though UGA has a hilariously archaic punishment system for players that test positive for mary jane

I don't care at all about weed. It's good stuff with many benefits.
Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 06 June 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

I don't care at all about weed. It's good stuff with many benefits.

Apparently you don't care about stealing money either...

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 06 June 2014 - 08:45 PM, said:

Well there have been other players suspended for having weed, and the charges stuck. Lack of evidence could've been anything. Maybe they found it in a car so they charged everyone and sorted it out later. I don't know. What I do know is that we've had players suspended for weed. If you want to say you have an unfair playing field because of drug test policy that's one thing, but the arrests thing isn't a disadvantage due to having strict rules, it's a disadvantage due to having dumbasses on the team.

Examples? Btw, Lecorn indicated it was his, and jameis is a very good example that is very recent.
Posted Image

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 06 June 2014 - 08:49 PM, said:

Apparently you don't care about stealing money either...

Of course I do, and the players that remain on the team are still paying the price for their mistake as they should. Folks are just mad because Uga is finally being more sensible about punishments.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users