NO game suspensions for DeLoach and Taylor at UGA - Page 8 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 8

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

NO game suspensions for DeLoach and Taylor at UGA

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 16 June 2014 - 01:54 AM, said:

whats that will they have to go to their dorm rooms after dinner and have no tv priveleges?  what theyre getting is a slap on the wrist no matter how you try to spin it!

More like not being in the dorm room sleeping like everyone else, but Maybe you don't understand the meaning of "significant" or value the concept of sleep.

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 16 June 2014 - 05:55 AM, said:

More like not being in the dorm room sleeping like everyone else, but Maybe you don't understand the meaning of "significant" or value the concept of sleep.
i doubt they would deprive them of sleep...that's how injuries happen, and im sure the coaches undertand the meaning of losing a player to stupidity, unlike yourself!
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBigdaddydog1, on 09 June 2014 - 08:36 PM, said:

I have hated but supported every suspension & dismissal that has taken place at UGA. I wish rules were enforced heavier across all of college football. After a while the kids would quit feeling entitled & earn a position on a team and keep their nose clean.

How is that working out at UGA? Have you seen a decline in the football teams shenanigans?

Redacted

Dawgy_Style

Dawgy_Style
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 06 June 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

Desperate times and desperate measures.

You mean like the time Tennessee recruited the player that raped his cousin?

bmccall, on 17 July 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Our phenominal fan base and support is our tradition. Unfortunately winning isnt.

Alabama claims the 1941 season as a national championship, even though they finished the season with a 9-2 record, including losses to Mississippi State and Vanderbilt, and were ranked #20 in the final AP poll.

I rape and pillage your village, women and children - Jay Z, Obama's BFF

Posted Image

“Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets.” -Ron Paul

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgy_Style, on 16 June 2014 - 07:11 PM, said:

You mean like the time Tennessee recruited the player that raped his cousin?

Yawn, something that a kid was actually punished for when he was 13 and being influenced by an an older kid and happened a decade ago. A kid that has been a model citizen ever since? The situations are not even comparable. A school giving up on any sense of discipline and its fans being proud of it vs a kid being given a second chance after completing his punishment.

Redacted

Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 16 June 2014 - 07:08 PM, said:

How is that working out at UGA? Have you seen a decline in the football teams shenanigans?
Yes there has been a decline. It was not that many years ago that it was out of control. It's not where it needs to be, but with consistancy it will get better. But our w & L may pay a price. I am willing to pay that price to get our team to a respectable status. But unfortuantly I am not sure it will work. The culture of alot of atletes today is too warped.

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 16 June 2014 - 07:06 PM, said:

i doubt they would deprive them of sleep...that's how injuries happen, and im sure the coaches undertand the meaning of losing a player to stupidity, unlike yourself!

No, waking a kid up early for their punishment runs is not gonna cause injury. That idea doesnt even make sense.

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBigdaddydog1, on 16 June 2014 - 07:57 PM, said:

Yes there has been a decline. It was not that many years ago that it was out of control. It's not where it needs to be, but with consistancy it will get better. But our w & L may pay a price. I am willing to pay that price to get our team to a respectable status. But unfortuantly I am not sure it will work. The culture of alot of atletes today is too warped.
what decline?

View PostDJSdawg, on 16 June 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

No, waking a kid up early for their punishment runs is not gonna cause injury. That idea doesnt even make sense.
so you don't understand the concept of sleep deprivation?  understandable, you are a dog fan!
Go Cocks!!!

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 16 June 2014 - 07:08 PM, said:

Its quite obvious kicking kids off like we did to Nick Marshall and Clemons isnt preventing all problems, but they seem to be isolated to specific position groups. It used to be RB's, now its DB's.

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 16 June 2014 - 08:28 PM, said:

what decline?
so you don't understand the concept of sleep deprivation?  understandable, you are a dog fan!

I live sleep deprived, so I understand it very well. No difference in risk between going to the gym with 3 hours of sleep or with 9 hours. A medical Dr would laugh at your idea.

Edited by DJSdawg, 16 June 2014 - 08:33 PM.

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 16 June 2014 - 08:32 PM, said:

I live sleep deprived, so I understand it very well. No difference in risk between going to the gym with 3 hours of sleep or with 9 hours. A medical Dr would laugh at your idea.
yeah...id rather believe the doctor, and ive heard plenty of reports stating the opposite!
Go Cocks!!!

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 16 June 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

yeah...id rather believe the doctor, and ive heard plenty of reports stating the opposite!

If what you say were true, early morning runs would not be allowed by any teams MD. Try to be honest for once: No MD has ever told you that 1-2 less hours of sleep is gonna cause an injury.

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 16 June 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

If what you say were true, early morning runs would not be allowed by any teams MD. Try to be honest for once: No MD has ever told you that 1-2 less hours of sleep is gonna cause an injury.
first off you didn't say getting up early, you said staying up late...and football players have curfews during training periods and during the season to get their full allotment of sleep.  they aren't functioning off 3 hours of sleep as you mentioned earlier.  and that's a fact!
Go Cocks!!!

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 16 June 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

this argument is getting asinine...are you even listening to yourself?
Go Cocks!!!

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 16 June 2014 - 09:31 PM, said:

this argument is getting asinine...are you even listening to yourself?

Why cant you be honest? Making up BS is pathetic. I dont know anyone who got hurt while exercising because they didnt sleep 9 solid hours, and neither do you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users