Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

MLS

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
So I haven't followed any soccer for much of my life. Back in 2010 after the World Cup I started paying more attention to the Champions league and some MLS teams.

Now that Atlanta is getting their own MLS team, I may actually have a reason to watch...soccer. Anyone else follow MLS? I know most of you don't, but I'm all for the United States becoming a soccer nation and dominating foreigner's only sport they care about. :trollface:

Also, I hope Atlanta has a decent name, that Atlanta Phoenix crap recently sounds horrible. I like Atlanta Olympica, with a Phoenix as a logo maybe. To symbolize the cities' rise from the ashes after you know what and who.

Edited by Tider27, 05 June 2014 - 05:03 PM.

Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've tried to get into soccer before, but I just can't do it. I like the World Cup though and can get into it for that time, but that's about it. For me it's kinda like the Summer Olympics. I get into it, then when/if we lose I go "oh yeah, I don't care about this sport anyway."

Didn't even know ATL was getting a team. I may try to watch a few games and see if I can get into it. Honestly though I'd be a little worried people would view me as "one of those soccer fans."

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 05 June 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

I've tried to get into soccer before, but I just can't do it. I like the World Cup though and can get into it for that time, but that's about it. For me it's kinda like the Summer Olympics. I get into it, then when/if we lose I go "oh yeah, I don't care about this sport anyway."

Didn't even know ATL was getting a team. I may try to watch a few games and see if I can get into it. Honestly though I'd be a little worried people would view me as "one of those soccer fans."

Haha it's basically like that in most places, definitely seems to be more common here in the south. Bringing up soccer to any of my friends would be more of a laugh, but I know we all love some World Cup. 'Merica

Maybe it will slowly become a game people watch, they're expanding and growing some how, so maybe some progress is made. As a sports fan I'm willing to try also.

Edited by Tider27, 05 June 2014 - 05:19 PM.

Posted Image

The Playmaker

The Playmaker

Hold My Beer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I follow the MLS a bit, but really just the national team. I'm already a big college sports, NFL, MLB, NHL, and NBA guy. At some point I have to draw a line.

I did see where Atlanta is getting a team, personally I think it's a mistake, no offense to Atlanta sports fans but you guys aren't exactly a good sports town. If I end up moving to Atlanta after school I will support the club but if not I'll just remain a casual observer.
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'll start a homo sports subforum for you guys
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The MLS is hard to follow because it isn't consistently on TV. They just have a new combined TV deal with ESPN, Fox, and beIN that will make much more of the games on TV.

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Soccer is the best sport in the world for women. Not the game for a self-respecting man.

HmanHunt

HmanHunt
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHail2TheTide, on 08 June 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

Soccer is the best sport in the world for women. Not the game for a self-respecting man.
What does this even mean?
Posted Image

HmanHunt

HmanHunt
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 05 June 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

So I haven't followed any soccer for much of my life. Back in 2010 after the World Cup I started paying more attention to the Champions league and some MLS teams.

Now that Atlanta is getting their own MLS team, I may actually have a reason to watch...soccer. Anyone else follow MLS? I know most of you don't, but I'm all for the United States becoming a soccer nation and dominating foreigner's only sport they care about. :trollface:

Also, I hope Atlanta has a decent name, that Atlanta Phoenix crap recently sounds horrible. I like Atlanta Olympica, with a Phoenix as a logo maybe. To symbolize the cities' rise from the ashes after you know what and who.
I mostly follow EPL and International Soccer but I try to catch certain MLS teams play (Kansas City, Seattle and Toronto currently).  Im not sure who ATL's owner but if they dont spend a large amount of cash right out of the gate they will be at the bottom of the league for quite awhile.  Expansion teams typically do pretty bad initially unless they spend a lot of money early to get talent.
Posted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

You're a hard guy to like, you know that?
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Well it's not a thread discussing men's physique, so I didn't expect you you like it. :trollface:

Posted Image

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I mean that its embarrassing to see some of these antics players do with the fake injuries. And when our national team coach came out and said we have no shot, I decided it wasnt all that great of a sport for someone with competitive nature.

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
And I could watch the women all day, I love our womens national team. I like the sport, but its about as clean as boxing and the players tick me off.

HmanHunt

HmanHunt
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHail2TheTide, on 08 June 2014 - 06:02 PM, said:

I mean that its embarrassing to see some of these antics players do with the fake injuries. And when our national team coach came out and said we have no shot, I decided it wasnt all that great of a sport for someone with competitive nature.
The coach said that as motivation when taken in context to what he was saying.
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHail2TheTide, on 08 June 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

And I could watch the women all day, I love our womens national team. I like the sport, but its about as clean as boxing and the players tick me off.
Women's soccer is not fun to watch. I do see though why you like the women's national team, they are good and easy to cheer for being a bandwagon fan as yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users