2 of the 5 hottest seat for 2014 are in the SEC - Page 5 - SEC Trash Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 5

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2 of the 5 hottest seat for 2014 are in the SEC

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

hog_heaven

hog_heaven
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Wow. It is like Smokey is on a witch hunt. Hasn't done anything in recruiting? Two true freshman exploded on the scene last year.

Lulz

Porcine

Porcine
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 02 June 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

Let's assume he only pulls 4 wins this year. That will be 3 years in a row with 4 or fewer wins and he isn't recruiting well enough for a fast turn around. In fact Arky hasn't had a top 20 class in over 10 years. Is Belima a good enough coach to win in the SEC with 2/3* talent? With Ole Miss and State going bowling more often than not Arky runs the risk of digging a hole it can't easily climb out of. If you want to spend the next to years as bottom feeders by all means keep him. Every 10 years or so y'all might catch enough teams down to pull off what Vandy did the last 2 years.
This is why I don't take recruiting rankings with any amount seriousness. Whether we win or lose, our rankings are the same.
HelmMap.gif

HmanHunt

HmanHunt
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 02 June 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

2 seasons of 4 wins or less(I am assuming they don't get 5 wins this season) and bottom of the SEC recruiting doesn't bode well for Arky under Belima. And 3 years in a row. Where is the positive buzz, the recruiting for a better future? Whee is the group of fans proclaiming a light at the end of the tunnel? In this thread we have seen most folks agree he shouldn't b fired yet but no one has given a better reason than he should get more than 2 years. Let's assume I'm right and y'all hit 4 wins and are in the 30-40 range in recruiting again. What do you gain by sitting at home watching another year of the same thing? Is the goal to get to 6-7 wins a year with once a decade adding a win or two? Why not go out and pay a top shelf guy and give him an open check book to hire a staff and turn it around?

I dont know why you keep using two years ago as an example for Bielema (I'm assuming you know he has been here for 1 season).  By that logic Tennessee has won a whopping 2 more games in the last two seasons.  And that's with those badass top tier crutin' classes you lucky bastards have down in Knoxville have.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We've seen how good UT is at making smart coaching decisions.
"At Kentucky, we don't just play college basketball. We ARE college basketball." - Coach John Calipari

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We have hired a proven head coach who has a plan and is building on it.I'll bet USC is glad they didn't fire Spurrier when he didn't start out balls to the wall successful.And no I'm not comparing the two,I just admire USC's patience.

Beliema will do well here,sooner then later and I'll still be glad we didn't have to "settle" for a coach cause no proven coach wanted to come here.

Believe it or not,his style of ball is what we've mostly run with exception of Petrino's stint and we've contended with it.

But if he proves to be a bust I'm quite sure Long won't hesitate to show him the door.It's waaaay too early for that now.

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 02 June 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

We've seen how good UT is at making smart coaching decisions.
Were you  alive when UK football mattered?

Redacted

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHmanHunt, on 02 June 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

I dont know why you keep using two years ago as an example for Bielema (I'm assuming you know he has been here for 1 season).  By that logic Tennessee has won a whopping 2 more games in the last two seasons.  And that's with those badass top tier crutin' classes you lucky bastards have down in Knoxville have.

His being fired at the end of the year is predicated on results of 4 or fewer wins this year. And UT isn't luckily in recruiting, they hire recruiters and go out relentlessly nation wide to sell UT to kids.

Redacted

Boba Fett

Boba Fett

Atlanta's Resident Mandalorian

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Formerly known as Darth Neyland

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 02 June 2014 - 07:40 PM, said:

That's a trick question. It never mattered
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 02 June 2014 - 07:40 PM, said:

Same could be said to any 20 yr old Vol fan. Fortunately Kentucky matters in other sports, whereas Tennessee has nothing.
"At Kentucky, we don't just play college basketball. We ARE college basketball." - Coach John Calipari

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 02 June 2014 - 08:49 PM, said:

Same could be said to any 20 yr old Vol fan. Fortunately Kentucky matters in other sports, whereas Tennessee has nothing.

Womens hoops before Summitt lost her mind
"It's all about a mindset at Alabama, either you buy into the program or you don't." - CJ Mosley

Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHail2TheTide, on 02 June 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

Womens hoops before Summitt lost her mind
Past tense, so not currently relevant. I wonder if they'll finally let the men play on their own court, or if they will continue to have to use the women's? Good ole Rocky Top indeed.

Edited by PuddingTime, 03 June 2014 - 05:57 AM.

HmanHunt

HmanHunt
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 02 June 2014 - 08:49 PM, said:

Its hard when all their coaches keep running off to California.

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Stoops knew Kentucky was gonna suck his first two years. He countered by bringing in the best recruiting classes we've ever seen. Now the pressures gonna be on to win games
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 02 June 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

And after this year he will have coached two of them. With no improvement and no recruiting to help future recruiting.

Do me a favor and compare Butch Jones to Bret Bielema please.
Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users