Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2 of the 5 hottest seat for 2014 are in the SEC

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hadnt Richt been on the hot seat for the last ten years....Georgia fans finally agree that mediocrity is the new norm..

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postpossumslayer, on 02 June 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

Hadnt Richt been on the hot seat for the last ten years....Georgia fans finally agree that mediocrity is the new norm..

10 win seasons!!!!!11!!1!

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 02 June 2014 - 06:59 AM, said:

South Carolina is on the hot seat not spur. Spur is 69 so if those players don't perform to a playoff win season he retires.

Not so fast my friend...Most people expect SC to do well this season, but not getting to a playoff certainly wouldn't push Spurs to retirement. We have a QB on campus(Connor Mitch) who was told by Spurrier that Spurs would stay as long as he was at SC. We also just got a commitment from a 4* QB, which puts our 2015 commitment list at 7 four stars out of 11 players. And we already have lots of young talent on the team. It took him a while to get the program to this point, so I don't see him jumping ship after one disappointing season(especially considering he's gotten the program so high that some view not getting to the playoffs as a disappointment).

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 02 June 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

Not so fast my friend...Most people expect SC to do well this season, but not getting to a playoff certainly wouldn't push Spurs to retirement. We have a QB on campus(Connor Mitch) who was told by Spurrier that Spurs would stay as long as he was at SC. We also just got a commitment from a 4* QB, which puts our 2015 commitment list at 7 four stars out of 11 players. And we already have lots of young talent on the team. It took him a while to get the program to this point, so I don't see him jumping ship after one disappointing season(especially considering he's gotten the program so high that some view not getting to the playoffs as a disappointment).

Aw come on, you no fun.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

possumslayer

possumslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 02 June 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

good news!

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postpossumslayer, on 02 June 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

UGA has never been mediocre. They've been a great team dealing with bad offensive play calling, bad DCs, horrible officiating, inopportune turnovers, and injuries.

possumslayer

possumslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 02 June 2014 - 09:18 AM, said:

UGA has never been mediocre. They've been a great team dealing with bad offensive play calling, bad DCs, horrible officiating, inopportune turnovers, and injuries.
Lulz! Nailed it! ....Excuse University

possumslayer

possumslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Old friend of mine lived in Bremen ga....he's a bama fan...when bama won the championship a few years back, a ga fan superglued a big UGA magnet on his brand new odyssey.....

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
A couple of seasons from Johnny's departure, we'll be seeing Kevin Sumlin in this discussion.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostKneesInTheBreeze, on 02 June 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

A couple of seasons from Johnny's departure, we'll be seeing Kevin Sumlin in this discussion.

Don't know why, but this post gave me a theory as to why A&M would give a contract extension to such a sh!tty DC. If you think about it, it's basically like holding on to your get out of jail free card. This season they can say"well, we're breaking in a new offense." Then if they suck in 2015 he can fire the DC and say "we're going to improve on that side of the ball". Basically just keeping a fall guy around.

Porcine

Porcine
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 02 June 2014 - 07:29 AM, said:

The Big 10ish doesn't fare very well when competing for titles with SEC teams.
That's why he's here, now.
HelmMap.gif

possumslayer

possumslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 02 June 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

Don't know why, but this post gave me a theory as to why A&M would give a contract extension to such a sh!tty DC. If you think about it, it's basically like holding on to your get out of jail free card. This season they can say"well, we're breaking in a new offense." Then if they suck in 2015 he can fire the DC and say "we're going to improve on that side of the ball". Basically just keeping a fall guy around.
scapegoat.....

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postpossumslayer, on 02 June 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

Old friend of mine lived in Bremen ga....he's a bama fan...when bama won the championship a few years back, a ga fan superglued a big UGA magnet on his brand new odyssey.....

Oh Posted Image lol
"It's all about a mindset at Alabama, either you buy into the program or you don't." - CJ Mosley

Posted Image

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
UGA would also be better if they werent Thug U. I bet some UGA boosters are big time marijuana legalization lobbyists
"It's all about a mindset at Alabama, either you buy into the program or you don't." - CJ Mosley

Posted Image

possumslayer

possumslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHail2TheTide, on 02 June 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

UGA would also be better if they werent Thug U. I bet some UGA boosters are big time marijuana legalization lobbyists
richt never signs thugs... he's Christian...