2 of the 5 hottest seat for 2014 are in the SEC - Page 2 - SEC Trash Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2 of the 5 hottest seat for 2014 are in the SEC

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think Auburn should fire Malzahn and hire Beliema

:trollface: :trollface: :trollface:
"It's all about a mindset at Alabama, either you buy into the program or you don't." - CJ Mosley

Posted Image

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

I AM AN OLE MISS REBEL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 01 June 2014 - 07:34 PM, said:

This. This is what I wonder. Will Les survive another year of under-preforming while the two teams from Alabama--his two biggest rivals--continue to play for NCs?

If LSU goes 9-4 or worse and loses to a team like State or OM (which is a bad loss to them), plus losing to Auburn and Alabama, I think he's gone.
Les has gotten semi-used to getting beaten by Ole Miss.
Now on the other hand, if he loses to State, whom has not beaten LSU since 1999, he should immediately be fired.

:trollface:

(10) Ole Miss Rebels  3-0  (1-0)

Posted Image

View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 30 August 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

bear$ are legit.
Formerly known as FCNDawg

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I agree with Muschamp UF can't keep putting that on the field but Biliema or however its spelled... while he can't get players to keep up with the big boys he'll be whoopin who he's suppose to on the regular before long.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I thnk fla makes a turn around this year. & save muschumps job.
Although the loss to UGA ill be tough for the alumni to swallow

Edited by Bigdaddydog1, 01 June 2014 - 10:11 PM.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Muschamp is on the hot seat.
Bielema is not.
/end

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 01 June 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

Florida's Will "the thrill" Muschamp is sitting on the hottest seat in college football. Yes the gators were injury prone last year but even when healthy they sucked ass on O and had a dumpster fire in the locker room. Signs of an inability to recruit college capable QBs/WRs/RBs/OLINE was catching up with them. When injuries took there toll on the D they just fell apart. Add in that discipline seems to not be part of Muschamp DNA and he lost the team. This lead to a 4 win season and the #1 spot in the hot seat count down. Going bowling might not be enough to save Muschamp, it will likely take 8/9 wins and wins over UGA, UT and a respectable showing in every game.

Number 5 on the hot seat countdown is "The Bret Boy" Bret Belima of Arkansas. Would Arky fire the Bret Boy after 2 seasons? Odds are against it. It would make no sense for a traditionally lower tier program to give up on a guy 2 years into a rebuild but every year they suck is a year they fall further and further towards the bottom of the west. So unless they want to be the Kentucky of the western division of the SEC a change may be in order. Let's face it,Arky can't recruit itself and Belima can't recruit. Yes 1 or 2 SEC level recruits wind up in Arky but 1 or 2 recruits don't win SEC games. Arky has the money and facilities to compete if they bring in top shelf recruiters and coaches. Arky can't afford as a program to see another 3-4 win season this year. If that happens Arky has no choice but to Posted Image can Belima.

View Postsmokeyone, on 01 June 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

Florida's Will "the thrill" Muschamp is sitting on the hottest seat in college football. Yes the gators were injury prone last year but even when healthy they sucked ass on O and had a dumpster fire in the locker room. Signs of an inability to recruit college capable QBs/WRs/RBs/OLINE was catching up with them. When injuries took there toll on the D they just fell apart. Add in that discipline seems to not be part of Muschamp DNA and he lost the team. This lead to a 4 win season and the #1 spot in the hot seat count down. Going bowling might not be enough to save Muschamp, it will likely take 8/9 wins and wins over UGA, UT and a respectable showing in every game.

Number 5 on the hot seat countdown is "The Bret Boy" Bret Belima of Arkansas. Would Arky fire the Bret Boy after 2 seasons? Odds are against it. It would make no sense for a traditionally lower tier program to give up on a guy 2 years into a rebuild but every year they suck is a year they fall further and further towards the bottom of the west. So unless they want to be the Kentucky of the western division of the SEC a change may be in order. Let's face it,Arky can't recruit itself and Belima can't recruit. Yes 1 or 2 SEC level recruits wind up in Arky but 1 or 2 recruits don't win SEC games. Arky has the money and facilities to compete if they bring in top shelf recruiters and coaches. Arky can't afford as a program to see another 3-4 win season this year. If that happens Arky has no choice but to Posted Image can Belima.

On the money.
Muschump might pull it out, but doesn't seem real promising.
Bielema, as I have said from his hiring, is the wrong guy for the SEC.  Even Arkansas will tire of him sooner rather than later.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Muschamp is learning on the job, unfortunately for us.
I would hate to invest in the guy only to fire him  and have him kicking our asses several years down the road.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'd say Muschamp is on a warm seat....not hot though. He's two years removed from a BCS bowl and they had a ton of injuries last season. That being said, if he doesn't go bowling and continues to have mini strokes on the sidelines while screaming at officials he could be gone. A decent bowl should keep him safe and show that injuries were the key factor in 2013 sucking so bad.

No way Arkansas is dumb enough to fire Bielema after two years. The first year is spent implementing the new staff and getting players used to the system. The 2nd year should be an improvement, but depending on which players left, injuries, schedule, etc. it could result in a poor showing while the coach is still safe. If they fired him how are they gonna expect to call someone up and say "come coach for us. Well...yeah, we just fired a guy who was winning his conference and going to BCS bowls before coming here. Sure he only got two years, but we're confident you will do better in two years while playing in the SEC West. Are you that confident?"

I'd say Mullen is on a hotter seat than Bielema. People forget that during the season last year the "Mullen must go" cries were getting kinda loud. Another win over Ole Miss quieted that down though...and a bowl win silenced it completely." Still, you get the sense that those same fans are just waiting for a losing season to come out in full force screaming "see!! I told you Mullen wasn't the answer!"

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

United We Stand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 02 June 2014 - 05:34 AM, said:

Muschamp is on the hot seat.
Bielema is not.
/end

This

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 02 June 2014 - 06:01 AM, said:

I'd say Muschamp is on a warm seat....not hot though. He's two years removed from a BCS bowl and they had a ton of injuries last season. That being said, if he doesn't go bowling and continues to have mini strokes on the sidelines while screaming at officials he could be gone. A decent bowl should keep him safe and show that injuries were the key factor in 2013 sucking so bad.

That only happened his first year.

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 02 June 2014 - 06:01 AM, said:

No way Arkansas is dumb enough to fire Bielema after two years. The first year is spent implementing the new staff and getting players used to the system. The 2nd year should be an improvement, but depending on which players left, injuries, schedule, etc. it could result in a poor showing while the coach is still safe. If they fired him how are they gonna expect to call someone up and say "come coach for us. Well...yeah, we just fired a guy who was winning his conference and going to BCS bowls before coming here. Sure he only got two years, but we're confident you will do better in two years while playing in the SEC West. Are you that confident?"

I'd say Mullen is on a hotter seat than Bielema. People forget that during the season last year the "Mullen must go" cries were getting kinda loud. Another win over Ole Miss quieted that down though...and a bowl win silenced it completely." Still, you get the sense that those same fans are just waiting for a losing season to come out in full force screaming "see!! I told you Mullen wasn't the answer!"

Coaches hot seat.com has Mullen safe at 75.

Posted Image

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Beliema shouldnt be on the hot seat. What did they expect when they hired him?
"It's all about a mindset at Alabama, either you buy into the program or you don't." - CJ Mosley

Posted Image

eastcoastrazorback

eastcoastrazorback

Gagging Order

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHail2TheTide, on 02 June 2014 - 06:48 AM, said:

Beliema shouldnt be on the hot seat. What did they expect when they hired him?

Big Ten titles, sir.

May the bridges I burn light the way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
South Carolina is on the hot seat not spur. Spur is 69 so if those players don't perform to a playoff win season he retires.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Posteastcoastrazorback, on 02 June 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

Big Ten titles, sir.

The Big 10ish doesn't fare very well when competing for titles with SEC teams.

Posted Image