2 of the 5 hottest seat for 2014 are in the SEC - Page 10 - SEC Trash Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 10

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


2 of the 5 hottest seat for 2014 are in the SEC

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#136
Based Potato

Based Potato

    I wish I took my breakfast like James Hunt

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,237
  • Age:
    25
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,629

View PostA10Rebel, on 06 June 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:

Yeah because the SEC is chock full of pushovers.  Get off your cloud and stop sniffing glue.
You really think it's out of the question for Tennessee fans to have been mad about going 10 years without an SEC championship in 2008? Seriously?
Posted Image

 Hoganknows, on 23 June 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

Tennessee will rise to the top very soon

#137
A10Rebel

A10Rebel

    brrrrrrrrttt....

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,576
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Sep 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,413

View Postptclaus98, on 06 June 2014 - 10:48 AM, said:

You really think it's out of the question for Tennessee fans to have been mad about going 10 years without an SEC championship in 2008? Seriously?

Did you not have a chance to win the SEC in 2007? So you didn't repeat, well you haven't sniffed the championship since. Do you believe you're going to in the next three years because that'll make 10 years with not even having a chance at winning it?

I see your point about having a team full of NFL talent not performing to their fullest potential, I agree with that frustration. But I also think having been one year removed from the SEC championship game and firing your head coach was a knee jerk reaction.

And I'm going off memory here but I recall some of the angst toward Phil was  predictable and conservative play calling and this wasn't sitting well with some folks. Regardless, winning an SEC championship is a tall order but just having the chance says a lot about a program. Hell who'd know better than a Rebel; we haven't sniffed one yet.

#138
eastcoastrazorback

eastcoastrazorback

    Gagging Order

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,701
  • Age:
    35
  • Joined:
    Oct 2009
  • Location:
    Greenville, SC
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,291

View Postcocky4ever, on 06 June 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

I don't get why UT fans keep saying this. So Gruden would've come the first time, but wasn't given enough control...so they said" we'll show that cocky bastard. We'll hire Derek Dooley." And then when the situation came up a second time they once again refused him the control he wanted and said "fukk him, we'll go get cincinnatti's coach".

I hadn't heard this excuse before but I do know this, you don't go from being in the running to get Gruden's services to hiring Dooley or Jones.  I guess they didn't care to hire any tweeners?

May the bridges I burn light the way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


#139
Based Potato

Based Potato

    I wish I took my breakfast like James Hunt

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,237
  • Age:
    25
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,629

View PostA10Rebel, on 06 June 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

Did you not have a chance to win the SEC in 2007? So you didn't repeat, well you haven't sniffed the championship since. Do you believe you're going to in the next three years because that'll make 10 years with not even having a chance at winning it?

I see your point about having a team full of NFL talent not performing to their fullest potential, I agree with that frustration. But I also think having been one year removed from the SEC championship game and firing your head coach was a knee jerk reaction.

And I'm going off memory here but I recall some of the angst toward Phil was  predictable and conservative play calling and this wasn't sitting well with some folks. Regardless, winning an SEC championship is a tall order but just having the chance says a lot about a program. Hell who'd know better than a Rebel; we haven't sniffed one yet.

Winning SEC championships at Tennessee should not be a tall order. Yeah he got there in 2007 but he didn't win, which put him under more heat. If he wins the 2001 or 2004 SEC championships it probably buys him more time but he didn't. My problem was giving him the extension after he didn't win any hardware.
Posted Image

 Hoganknows, on 23 June 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

Tennessee will rise to the top very soon

#140
bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    17,633
  • Age:
    54
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,463
Is Tennessee gonna play in the egg bowl? I been hearing that's the new site of the game. At least that is what I read here. Tell them L A Hog!
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

#141
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,507
  • Age:
    57
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    500
  • High Fives:
    5,562

View Postbbqit, on 06 June 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

Is Tennessee gonna play in the egg bowl? I been hearing that's the new site of the game. At least that is what I read here. Tell them L A Hog!

I did not have sexual relations with that woman......

#142
bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    17,633
  • Age:
    54
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,463

View PostL.A.Hog, on 06 June 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:



I did not have sexual relations with that woman......

Qualitycigarsmokes.com ?
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

#143
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,507
  • Age:
    57
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    500
  • High Fives:
    5,562

View Postbbqit, on 06 June 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

Is Tennessee gonna play in the egg bowl? I been hearing that's the new site of the game. At least that is what I read here. Tell them L A Hog!

I think Mizzou Fan heard about the Egg Bowl thing,I try to stay out of the line of fire....ha

#144
bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    17,633
  • Age:
    54
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,463

View PostL.A.Hog, on 06 June 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:



I think Mizzou Fan heard about the Egg Bowl thing,I try to stay out of the line of fire....ha

Just stand still
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

#145
bluelightstar

bluelightstar

    State Alum, UA Law Student

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,486
  • Age:
    24
  • Joined:
    Mar 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,606

View Postbbqit, on 05 June 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

Since nobody is on the hot seat, who leaves next year? Ain't no way nobody leaves or isn't fired.

Merlins back to Flawda after Muschamp is fired and State goes 9-3. tim tivo will join him on the sidelines

go gayta
Posted Image

#146
zartan

zartan

    Troll Tide

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    19,656
  • Joined:
    Nov 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,643
Florida will aim way higher than Mullen if Muschamp gets canned
Posted Image

#147
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,507
  • Age:
    57
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    500
  • High Fives:
    5,562
Gruden?

#148
bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    17,633
  • Age:
    54
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,463
Msu hires art briles
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

#149
bluelightstar

bluelightstar

    State Alum, UA Law Student

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,486
  • Age:
    24
  • Joined:
    Mar 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,606
I just want one of you to hire Houston Nutt. I miss that guy
Posted Image

#150
Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,769
  • Age:
    53
  • Joined:
    Jan 2014
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    809
Someone hire Tebow
"It's all about a mindset at Alabama, either you buy into the program or you don't." - CJ Mosley


Posted Image






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users