2 of the 5 hottest seat for 2014 are in the SEC - SEC Trash Talk - SECTalk.com

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


2 of the 5 hottest seat for 2014 are in the SEC

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#1
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,727
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,537
Florida's Will "the thrill" Muschamp is sitting on the hottest seat in college football. Yes the gators were injury prone last year but even when healthy they sucked ass on O and had a dumpster fire in the locker room. Signs of an inability to recruit college capable QBs/WRs/RBs/OLINE was catching up with them. When injuries took there toll on the D they just fell apart. Add in that discipline seems to not be part of Muschamp DNA and he lost the team. This lead to a 4 win season and the #1 spot in the hot seat count down. Going bowling might not be enough to save Muschamp, it will likely take 8/9 wins and wins over UGA, UT and a respectable showing in every game.



Number 5 on the hot seat countdown is "The Bret Boy" Bret Belima of Arkansas. Would Arky fire the Bret Boy after 2 seasons? Odds are against it. It would make no sense for a traditionally lower tier program to give up on a guy 2 years into a rebuild but every year they suck is a year they fall further and further towards the bottom of the west. So unless they want to be the Kentucky of the western division of the SEC a change may be in order. Let's face it,Arky can't recruit itself and Belima can't recruit. Yes 1 or 2 SEC level recruits wind up in Arky but 1 or 2 recruits don't win SEC games. Arky has the money and facilities to compete if they bring in top shelf recruiters and coaches. Arky can't afford as a program to see another 3-4 win season this year. If that happens Arky has no choice but to Posted Image can Belima.

Posted Image


#2
ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

    I AM AN OLE MISS REBEL!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    12,746
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Aug 2010
  • Location:
    Mississippi
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,243
This should end well  @JoeGator @jacobp

Ole Miss Rebels  1-0  (0-0)


Posted Image


View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 30 August 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

bear$ are legit.
Formerly known as FCNDawg

#3
jacobp

jacobp

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,091
  • Age:
    33
  • Joined:
    Jul 2007
  • Location:
    NWA
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,451
I won't even acknowledge it, because Bielema's seat isn't even lukewarm for at least another year.
Posted Image

#4
Porcine

Porcine
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,343
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Dec 2008
  • Location:
    Northern Arkansas
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    406

View Postsmokeyone, on 01 June 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

Florida's Will "the thrill" Muschamp is sitting on the hottest seat in college football. Yes the gators were injury prone last year but even when healthy they sucked ass on O and had a dumpster fire in the locker room. Signs of an inability to recruit college capable QBs/WRs/RBs/OLINE was catching up with them. When injuries took there toll on the D they just fell apart. Add in that discipline seems to not be part of Muschamp DNA and he lost the team. This lead to a 4 win season and the #1 spot in the hot seat count down. Going bowling might not be enough to save Muschamp, it will likely take 8/9 wins and wins over UGA, UT and a respectable showing in every game.



Number 5 on the hot seat countdown is "The Bret Boy" Bret Belima of Arkansas. Would Arky fire the Bret Boy after 2 seasons? Odds are against it. It would make no sense for a traditionally lower tier program to give up on a guy 2 years into a rebuild but every year they suck is a year they fall further and further towards the bottom of the west. So unless they want to be the Kentucky of the western division of the SEC a change may be in order. Let's face it,Arky can't recruit itself and Belima can't recruit. Yes 1 or 2 SEC level recruits wind up in Arky but 1 or 2 recruits don't win SEC games. Arky has the money and facilities to compete if they bring in top shelf recruiters and coaches. Arky can't afford as a program to see another 3-4 win season this year. If that happens Arky has no choice but to Posted Image can Belima.

Yeah, sure.

Edited by Porcine, 01 June 2014 - 05:32 PM.

HelmMap.gif

#5
Tider27

Tider27

    Bammer Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    37,973
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jun 2007
  • Location:
    West AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    14,308
By mid-season Bilema's seat could more than likely be on fire, if they're not showing progress at least.

.

.

.

Posted Image


#6
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,727
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,537

View Postjacobp, on 01 June 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

I won't even acknowledge it, because Bielema's seat isn't even lukewarm for at least another year.
coacheshotseat.com has his as the 5th hottest in college football.

Posted Image


#7
jacobp

jacobp

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,091
  • Age:
    33
  • Joined:
    Jul 2007
  • Location:
    NWA
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,451
Silly me, I forgot that coacheshotseat.com was the authority on the matter.

Bielema isn't getting fired this year.
Posted Image

#8
thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,154
  • Age:
    23
  • Joined:
    Aug 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    914
Cripple fight!

#9
Weston M

Weston M

    I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,389
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    333

View Postjacobp, on 01 June 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

Silly me, I forgot that coacheshotseat.com was the authority on the matter.

Bielema isn't getting fired this year.

He goes 0-8 again, he will.

Posted Image


#10
HmanHunt

HmanHunt
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,664
  • Age:
    24
  • Joined:
    Jul 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    943
No

#11
zartan

zartan

    Troll Tide

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    19,656
  • Joined:
    Nov 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,644
Would Les Miles be in trouble if LSU goes 8-4 or 7-5

Way too much talent in Red Stick to be also rans
Posted Image

#12
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,507
  • Age:
    57
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    500
  • High Fives:
    5,563
Whoever wrote that needs to go back to flipping burgers.

#13
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,507
  • Age:
    57
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    500
  • High Fives:
    5,563

View Postzartan, on 01 June 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

Would Les Miles be in trouble if LSU goes 8-4 or 7-5

Way too much talent in Red Stick to be also rans

There may be enough folks down there who remember what LSU was like before Saban then Miles got there.They aren't too terribly long from being mediocre to bad and I doubt they want to take a chance of venturing back there.Les can keep them close to or in the hunt annually.


But ya never know....shrugs shoulders.

#14
1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

    Go strong or don't go.....

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    13,936
  • Age:
    28
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    5,894

View PostL.A.Hog, on 01 June 2014 - 06:52 PM, said:

Whoever wrote that needs to go back to flipping burgers.

This. This is what I wonder. Will Les survive another year of under-preforming while the two teams from Alabama--his two biggest rivals--continue to play for NCs?

If LSU goes 9-4 or worse and loses to a team like State or OM (which is a bad loss to them), plus losing to Auburn and Alabama, I think he's gone.
Posted Image

#15
hog_heaven

hog_heaven
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,324
  • Age:
    32
  • Joined:
    Jul 2012
  • Location:
    Charleston, SC
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,512
Meh... Dumb will dumb.






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users