Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Self Entitlement

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 31 May 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Absolutely no call for this kind of posting.

Sorry mom

Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think some folks need to break out their dictionaries, and read the definition of entitlement; entitlements and folks acting entitled are 2 different things.

Most of the things people are referring to in here ARE entitlements, meaning they're EARNED... they are entitled to those benefits after working their whole lives and paying into those programs.

Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid are programs that everyone who's worked will use at some point in their lives, including everyone who is now critical of them... in fact, I'd venture to guess every single one of our parents has, is, or will soon benefit from those programs THEY PAID FOR.

As for what teachers and schools teach our young people, if public school grades in the South are any indication, I'd say it's very little, good or bad; and it's the fault of parents, not teachers... not a single public school has a passing grade in the city where I live, not one.

Parents have passed on the responsibility of raising children to teachers and schools; so very little actual learning is taking place... every teacher today is less educator and much more personal counselor, priest/pastor/preacher, psychiatrist, psychologist, attorney, corrections officer, probation/parole officer, etc., etc..

"Students" today probably get about 10 minutes of learning out of every hour, if that; while the other 50 minutes are spent getting control of the class, dealing with the problem children, and persuading everyone to quit texting and put their :lanekiffin: ing phones away.

Edited by GatorUnvrsty, 01 June 2014 - 08:59 AM.

Posted Image