Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Self Entitlement

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

Merlinistic Point of View

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've got a question. My job deals primarily with the public on a regular basis. To me it seems I keep runnning into more and more people who truly feel that are entitled to things that they have not earned. I was raised with the ideals that if you didn't work for something than you didn't need it. Is this our society in general these days or am I just being near sighted with the area I work in?
Posted Image

UKat

UKat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Nope, the past generation has been dumbed down and brainwashed to believe they are entitled to anything they want without having to work for it.

Unfortunately the next generation is also being taught this....and to trust the Government to provide them with anything they need to survive, sadly Government will as it always does, fail them and leave them to fend for themselves...something they don't know how to do. The greatest example was Nawlins immediately after hurricane Katrina. Folks were demanding food water and shelter, again sadly most of them couldn't even get themselves out of that hell hole that the city became. You know we're digressed as a society when folks can't even get out of a disaster stricken city on they're own without depending on someone else to do it for them.

They did however figure out how to steal and kill instantly..........I think the pics and video of what went on in New Orleans speak for themselves.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Repent, Turn from Sin and Trust in the Savior for your Salvation......this is the Way of the Master.Posted Image

[img]http://http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2251/joesnewlogobr4.jpg[/img]

UKat

UKat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
By the way, your a member of the minority in this country now. I'm glad you have the values that used to be taught by parents and schools but those days are long gone, probably to never be seen as a whole again.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Repent, Turn from Sin and Trust in the Savior for your Salvation......this is the Way of the Master.Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If you want it, work for it.  

Don't count on anyone but yourself.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This is society in general.
Cells phones, computers, cable, etc are all considered "rights" at this point.

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Pretty much. I have a moved up the food chain to the point I have less and less interaction with the masses but still run into folks that honestly think because they are them, the rules shouldn't apply. They seem to think their momma wasn't lying to them when she told them they were special.

Posted Image

BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

Merlinistic Point of View

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 30 May 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Pretty much. I have a moved up the food chain to the point I have less and less interaction with the masses but still run into folks that honestly think because they are them, the rules shouldn't apply. They seem to think their momma wasn't lying to them when she told them they were special.

Exactly the type of thing I'm talking about. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one noticing this.
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I deal with it. I ignore those people.
Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Schools teach kids to feel entitled to have everything handed to them. Oh, you didn't turn in any assignments in the last two months? We need you to go to the next grade so that you can graduate on so here are some worksheets; do them and we'll forget that you didn't learn anything and pass you along. Oh, you won't even do them, either? Damn it... We're just going to give you a 70 and call it a day, but you better do better next year because we're not playing around here!

Our justice system teaches kids to feel like there are no consequences to their actions. Oh, you've committed 15 burglaries in the last two weeks and you've beat the Posted Image out of five different people? Your ass is going to ja- Oh... you're only 15? Well, OK, let me call the YDC and see if you've been bad enough for them to take you, or to see if they have room... Oops, it looks like we are just going to fill out a piece of paper and take you straight home, but you better not commit any more crimes or we'll fill out another piece of paper next time and you won't like that!

And of course welfare teaches everyone that they don't have to do anything but drink and do/deal drugs all day and they'll get a card to buy food (Which they sell so that they can get alcohol) and free housing...

America is pretty much a joke at this point. If you value hard work and self reliance, all you're really doing is working harder to support 60 million lazy pieces of Posted Image.

shamoan

shamoan

Technique is a crutch for the talentless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
i am on a rotation as part of school and this chick came by in a newer bmw and she had medicaid..................that is pretty sad from the perspective of society.
Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBulldawgFan, on 30 May 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

I've got a question. My job deals primarily with the public on a regular basis. To me it seems I keep runnning into more and more people who truly feel that are entitled to things that they have not earned. I was raised with the ideals that if you didn't work for something than you didn't need it. Is this our society in general these days or am I just being near sighted with the area I work in?

ask the greeks how this worked out for them.

when someone begins to get a check they don't earn it doesn't take long for them to feel its their's and taking it away is wrong. I do know of one group of people who haven't complained when it happened to them but since that isn't news and they are less than 1% of the population I guess it is all ok that they pay for a lot of international political decisions.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
As our Grandparents generation gets smaller and smaller(the depression/WWII) this issue becomes more and more prevalent. They had it all taken away from them and understood its value.

Posted Image

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 30 May 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

i am on a rotation as part of school and this chick came by in a newer bmw and she had medicaid..................that is pretty sad from the perspective of society.

Medicaid patients are the worst. Free healthcare AND I'm gonna make the doctor's office and staff make sure I own them.

UKat

UKat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFrom 31 May 2014 - 05:01 AM:

As our Grandparents generation gets smaller and smaller(the depression/WWII) this issue becomes  and more prevalent. They had it all taken away from them and understood its value.
Exactly......The greatest generation has just about died off and they're morals/values have died with them. I was raised that if you can't pay cash for it, then you can't afford it.......but alas, bankers saved the day by creating the credit card, another feather in cap of entitlement. Don't worry entitlement seekers.....Prez Barry Obama is going to take care of you with bankrupt America money lol. We are witnessing the total downfall of the American Empire (just like the fall of Roman empire).

Edited by UKat, 31 May 2014 - 08:04 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Absolutely no call for this kind of posting.

Edited by PuddingTime, 31 May 2014 - 08:51 PM.

Posted Image