Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


SEC and Big Ten butting heads about recruiting

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#91
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    22,507
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13,871

View PostGidnik, on 29 May 2014 - 09:03 PM, said:

this is the sec crying. i know you guys are sec fans but anyone that knows anything about football knows the sec is crying over this.

There are a handful of delusional secsecsec fans over here.

Coaches are just mad they didn't think of it first.

#92
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    22,507
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13,871
Zartan still on the rag?
It's been a week already...

#93
bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    19,716
  • Age:
    55
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,808
Po big 10. 5th best conference at best. It's a buyers market for blow jobs up there!
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

#94
Maroonblood

Maroonblood
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,721
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Location:
    Denton, TX
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    828

View Postzartan, on 01 June 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:



Go knit a sweater. Who cares about your opinions

I want a sweater.

#95
Tider27

Tider27

    Bammer Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    38,881
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Jun 2007
  • Location:
    West AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    15,073

View PostGidnik, on 29 May 2014 - 09:03 PM, said:

this is the sec crying. i know you guys are sec fans but anyone that knows anything about football knows the sec is crying over this.

Nope, this is the other conferences wishing the SEC were. Really the coaches are upset with why the SEC itself would limit them like this, when other conferences could do it.

Example: "Oh the SEC and their cheap over signing!"

Now: "Oh they're just crying because they can't use our same shady tactics!"

You tell me who looks biased. Shady is shady.

Edited by Tider27, 08 June 2014 - 11:22 AM.

.

.

.

Posted Image


#96
zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,718
  • Joined:
    Nov 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    8,133

View PostTider27, on 08 June 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:



Nope, this is the other conferences wishing the SEC were. Really the coaches are upset with why the SEC would itself would limit them like this when others could do it.

Example: "Oh the SEC and their cheap over signing!"

Now: "Oh they're just crying because they can't use the our same shady tactics!"

You tell me who looks biased. Shady is shady.

The point any Northerner (like Rittenberg) is trying to make is that nobody wants to hear Southern schools bitching about fairness in recruiting practices

#97
Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,940
  • Age:
    53
  • Joined:
    Jan 2014
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    936

View Postzartan, on 08 June 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:



The point any Northerner (like Rittenberg) is trying to make is that nobody wants to hear Southern schools bitching about fairness in recruiting practices

You and Rittenberg are actually quite similar!

#98
zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,718
  • Joined:
    Nov 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    8,133

View PostHail2TheTide, on 08 June 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:



You and Rittenberg are actually quite similar!

Well, I'm not Jewish, but we're both from the north and seem to irritate you quite a bit

#99
Tider27

Tider27

    Bammer Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    38,881
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Jun 2007
  • Location:
    West AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    15,073

View Postzartan, on 08 June 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

The point any Northerner (like Rittenberg) is trying to make is that nobody wants to hear Southern schools bitching about fairness in recruiting practices

Well they see it as the SEC bitching about "fairness", when in reality coaches just want it fixed so they're not limited by their own conference.

When you look at the larger picture, just another whine from the B10 and others on how the SEC is trying to get a leg up. When it's just a correction to a more than likely oversight in our rules.

.

.

.

Posted Image


#100
zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,718
  • Joined:
    Nov 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    8,133

View PostTider27, on 08 June 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:


Well they see it as the SEC bitching about "fairness", when in reality coaches just want it fixed so they're not limited by their own conference.

When you look at the larger picture, just another whine from the B10 and others on how the SEC is trying to get a leg up. When it's just a correction to a more than likely oversight in our rules.

Everyone up here thinks you blatantly bribe and oversign your way to titles, so fixing this oversight would just restore your unfair competitive advantage

#101
Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,940
  • Age:
    53
  • Joined:
    Jan 2014
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    936

View Postzartan, on 08 June 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:



Everyone up here thinks you blatantly bribe and oversign your way to titles, so fixing this oversight would just restore your unfair competitive advantage

So they're actually too stupid to realize the talent being pumped out of the south from high school is a lot better? Or why a kid would rather play in the south than north??

#102
Tider27

Tider27

    Bammer Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    38,881
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Jun 2007
  • Location:
    West AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    15,073

View Postzartan, on 08 June 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:

Everyone up here thinks you blatantly bribe and oversign your way to titles, so fixing this oversight would just restore your unfair competitive advantage

And a lot of people thought Obama was going to be a good president too, the world is full of blissful idiots. But that's a whole other story, and besides that we're stating things closer to facts more so than biased opinions or skewed views.

Edited by Tider27, 08 June 2014 - 11:37 AM.

.

.

.

Posted Image


#103
zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,718
  • Joined:
    Nov 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    8,133

View PostHail2TheTide, on 08 June 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:



So they're actually too stupid to realize the talent being pumped out of the south from high school is a lot better? Or why a kid would rather play in the south than north??

Could be a bit of Northern arrogance

If you're from up here, Alabama is nowhere. Nothingville

Of course, if you're from Alabama, Ohio is Nothingville with lower temperatures

#104
zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,718
  • Joined:
    Nov 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    8,133

View PostTider27, on 08 June 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:


And a lot of people thought Obama was going to be a good president too, the world is full of blissful idiots. But that's a whole other story, and besides that we're stating things closer to facts more so than biased opinions or skewed views.

Oversigning and players on the take is a real thing

However, I feel pretty certain that every school has dirty hands to some extent in this regard



Similar Topics

  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users