Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Latest Topics



Latest News

Top Bettors


Top High Fived



SEC Schedule Format Changing

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,159
  • Age:
    58
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,150

View PostUK4Life, on 28 May 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:


I was talking basketball but i wouldn't be opposed to Arky in football either.

Oh well,had a senior moment I guess.

#17
possumslayer

possumslayer

    Orange & White Supremacist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,585
  • Age:
    48
  • Joined:
    Oct 2013
  • Location:
    Lincoln county Tennessee
  • Cash:
    1,700
  • High Fives:
    3,544

View PostL.A.Hog, on 28 May 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:



Kiss my butt.....
how's it going old man?

#18
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,159
  • Age:
    58
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,150

View Postpossumslayer, on 28 May 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

how's it going old man?

Gettin a little tired.I need a little time off but the money's too good.

How's the packing to move going?

#19
possumslayer

possumslayer

    Orange & White Supremacist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,585
  • Age:
    48
  • Joined:
    Oct 2013
  • Location:
    Lincoln county Tennessee
  • Cash:
    1,700
  • High Fives:
    3,544

View PostL.A.Hog, on 28 May 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:



Gettin a little tired.I need a little time off but the money's too good.

How's the packing to move going?
that's the weekend of the Fourth.... I dread.....

#20
Matt

Matt

    NashVol

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,544
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Nov 2010
  • Location:
    Nashville
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,610
People care about regular season basketball?

#21
SERDI

SERDI
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Posts:
    210
  • Age:
    60
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Location:
    West Little Rock, Arkansas
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    58

View PostMatt, on 28 May 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

People care about regular season basketball?

The way the SEC office has screwed it up with this rotating schedule etc. They make it so what little interest there is outside the Commonwealth has been reduced even more.  In fact whatever interest the Commonwealth had in the regular season has been greatly diminished with the SEC offices.  If you are over 50 years old, and a Kentucky basketball fan, you know that if we were to be assigned a historical permanent opponent it would be Tennessee.  If we were going to be assigned a second historical permanent opponent it would be Vanderbilt.  Those schools using the entire life of the SEC from 1933 to 2014 would confirm that.  Of course ESPN only looks to the time Donovan has been at Florida and tells Slive, Florida is your permanent opponent.  Fans in their teens, 20s, 30s think Florida is UK's rival.  It is not.  It has been its biggest competitor since Donovan.  Before that UK had a few year run where Arkansas was with Nolan Richardson, LSU was with Dale Brown, Mississippi State was with Babe McCarthy, but they come and go Except, for Tennessee and Vanderbilt.  UK should play Tennessee and Vanderbilt home and home every year.  The SEC should take care of that like they take of care of Alabama-Tennessee and Georgia-Auburn in football.  Nothing else matters.  In basketball.  Nothing really matters to any of the schools except to have UK-Tennessee-Vanderbilt playing home and home every year and the other 11 schools can do whatever they want.

#22
PuddingTime

PuddingTime

    Stoops Does Work

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    41,314
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Oct 2006
  • Location:
    Lexington, KY
  • Cash:
    2,000
  • High Fives:
    10,837

View PostSERDI, on 29 May 2014 - 08:27 AM, said:



The way the SEC office has screwed it up with this rotating schedule etc. They make it so what little interest there is outside the Commonwealth has been reduced even more.  In fact whatever interest the Commonwealth had in the regular season has been greatly diminished with the SEC offices.  If you are over 50 years old, and a Kentucky basketball fan, you know that if we were to be assigned a historical permanent opponent it would be Tennessee.  If we were going to be assigned a second historical permanent opponent it would be Vanderbilt.  Those schools using the entire life of the SEC from 1933 to 2014 would confirm that.  Of course ESPN only looks to the time Donovan has been at Florida and tells Slive, Florida is your permanent opponent.  Fans in their teens, 20s, 30s think Florida is UK's rival.  It is not.  It has been its biggest competitor since Donovan.  Before that UK had a few year run where Arkansas was with Nolan Richardson, LSU was with Dale Brown, Mississippi State was with Babe McCarthy, but they come and go Except, for Tennessee and Vanderbilt.  UK should play Tennessee and Vanderbilt home and home every year.  The SEC should take care of that like they take of care of Alabama-Tennessee and Georgia-Auburn in football.  Nothing else matters.  In basketball.  Nothing really matters to any of the schools except to have UK-Tennessee-Vanderbilt playing home and home every year and the other 11 schools can do whatever they want.
They've changed it because UK fans have blown up the SEC office over this.   First they move the UT football game,  then this one game a year in basketball bs.
Posted Image

#23
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    22,544
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13,904
They really did jack up the basketball scheduling pretty bad.
But if they didn't match up Kentucky with Florida twice a year the league would suffer.

We need to play UK, UT, and UGA twice every year.

#24
UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,800
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,043

View PostSERDI, on 29 May 2014 - 08:27 AM, said:

The way the SEC office has screwed it up with this rotating schedule etc. They make it so what little interest there is outside the Commonwealth has been reduced even more.  In fact whatever interest the Commonwealth had in the regular season has been greatly diminished with the SEC offices.  If you are over 50 years old, and a Kentucky basketball fan, you know that if we were to be assigned a historical permanent opponent it would be Tennessee.  If we were going to be assigned a second historical permanent opponent it would be Vanderbilt.  Those schools using the entire life of the SEC from 1933 to 2014 would confirm that.  Of course ESPN only looks to the time Donovan has been at Florida and tells Slive, Florida is your permanent opponent.  Fans in their teens, 20s, 30s think Florida is UK's rival.  It is not.  It has been its biggest competitor since Donovan.  Before that UK had a few year run where Arkansas was with Nolan Richardson, LSU was with Dale Brown, Mississippi State was with Babe McCarthy, but they come and go Except, for Tennessee and Vanderbilt.  UK should play Tennessee and Vanderbilt home and home every year.  The SEC should take care of that like they take of care of Alabama-Tennessee and Georgia-Auburn in football.  Nothing else matters.  In basketball.  Nothing really matters to any of the schools except to have UK-Tennessee-Vanderbilt playing home and home every year and the other 11 schools can do whatever they want.
I guess im one of those fans. The question is, how long before Tennessee is relevant again. They just lost 70% of their roster and are bringing in a new, unproven coach that hasn't even seen the NCAA tourney yet.

Florida, Tennessee, Arkansas
Posted Image

#25
Porcine

Porcine
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,538
  • Joined:
    Dec 2008
  • Location:
    Northern Arkansas
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    466
Other than Arkansas and UK playing each other twice, sorry Missouri, but we need them for the SOS, most of this would be taken care of by going back to divisions with only one more conference game. (6 X 2) + 7.
HelmMap.gif

#26
SERDI

SERDI
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Posts:
    210
  • Age:
    60
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Location:
    West Little Rock, Arkansas
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    58
If you look at the entire history of the league from 1933 to 2014, Kentucky should get their pick of their two permanent opponents.  That would no question considering the "entire body of work" be Tennessee and Vanderbilt no question.  If ESPN insists on Florida...fine.  Now the other 11 schools figure it out.

Edited by SERDI, 29 May 2014 - 07:12 PM.


#27
Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,520
  • Age:
    35
  • Joined:
    Aug 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,668

View PostUK4Life, on 28 May 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

You better hold on to that. That perfect storm won't happen again for a long long time.
like uk winning a natty? that happens about once every 30 years
Posted Image

#28
UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,800
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,043

View PostGidnik, on 29 May 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

like uk winning a natty? that happens about once every 30 years
You're thinking about Texas football actually.
Posted Image

#29
PuddingTime

PuddingTime

    Stoops Does Work

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    41,314
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Oct 2006
  • Location:
    Lexington, KY
  • Cash:
    2,000
  • High Fives:
    10,837

View PostUK4Life, on 30 May 2014 - 12:43 AM, said:


You're thinking about Texas football actually.
Lol something they won't be sniffing with Strong either.  And lets not forget that joke of a basketball coach they hired from Clemson.   Texas pulls from Louisville and Clemson.... Let us know how that works out.
Posted Image

#30
SERDI

SERDI
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Posts:
    210
  • Age:
    60
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Location:
    West Little Rock, Arkansas
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    58
Anybody know when they will announce everybody's three permanent opponents?






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users