Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Minimum Wage

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
130 replies to this topic

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postnova, on 28 May 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

Right now, the left is taking advantage of extreme ignorance among the American populace in pushing this whole "wealth and income inequality" meme.

Does anybody want to guess what the 2 biggest drivers of wealth and income inequality in the US are today?

#1 is Federal reserve policy that inflates asset prices.  Only rich people own stuff, not poor people, so the rich are the ones that benefit from inflated prices.

#2 is plain and simple demographics.  Peak wealth and income for an individual in the US occurs between ages 45 and 65.  These people are at the peak of their careers and have worked and invested for 20+ years.  Well guess who makes up the bulk of the population in the US right now?

http://upload.wikime...7/USpop2010.svg

That's right, people age 45-65.  The boomers are that age.  Our population distribution is skewed in favor of people who are the peak of their income and wealth.  These same people, by virtue of having invested for 20+ years are also benefiting from #1 above.

So is it any wonder that wealth and income inequality is going up?  Young people have no assets to speak of and most can't even get a job these days, because of lack of growth.
Superb post @nova. :cheers:

View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 01 January 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

I will not talk Posted Image all next year I promise that.

View Post1dawgfan09, on 09 December 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

I don't remotely care about the EB trophy. And, yes, I am completely serious.

Posted Image

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Let's not bring schools into this, considering No Child Left Behind is the worst piece of legislation that's come of the last 10+ years.

I totally agree that there should be a push to publicize trade schools as an option to high schoolers, since not everyone in high school should and could go to college, but schools should not be incentivized to do so (like how NCLB is)

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Takes a lot of skills tooo put ketchup on a burger....every time I grill out I have tooo sub out a contractor tooo put condiments on my burgers.

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostnooneLT, on 28 May 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

Let's not bring schools into this, considering No Child Left Behind is the worst piece of legislation that's come of the last 10+ years.

I totally agree that there should be a push to publicize trade schools as an option to high schoolers, since not everyone in high school should and could go to college, but schools should not be incentivized to do so (like how NCLB is)

It doesnt necessarily need to be an actual law. Just an all around push by people in high places to encourage high schools to let students know there is a lot out there besides college.

Posted Image

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postnova, on 28 May 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

In the year 2012, there were about 75 million hourly workers in the US.  Do you know how many were making the minimum wage?  About 1.5 million.  About 2%.  Out of the total participating labor force of 150 million, that's <1%.

By increasing the wages of a small part of the working population, we're going to jumpstart the economy, by some left wing magic.  Even neglecting the fact some portion of those min wage earners will be deemed not worth the cost and sent home, that's looney.

That extremely small percentage of workers making min wage is also indicative of an underlying truth.  You have to try really hard to not make more than the minimum wage.  Most jobs will bump you above minimum wage if you show up for work on time every time.

Which proves all the min wage talk is vs rhetoric to feed the stupid

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Doctor, on 28 May 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

And I think that grown men who use LMAO sound like immature, unintelligent children. The English language is complex. Use it to your advantage.

(Worst case, always go for their language, verbiage)

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostForwardRebels, on 28 May 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

But the USD has already lost 97% of it's value since the creation of that most damnable institution, the Federal Reserve, in 1913, which in turn is the fault of traitors to the country like Fed Chairmen/women Arthur Burns (1970-78), George William Miller (1978-1979), Paul Volker (1979-1987), Alan Greenspan (1987-2006), Ben Bernanke (2006- January 31, 2014) and now Janet Yellen (present). I could have listed the others, but Nixon's decision started this Posted Image, so his Fed Chair gets to be the starting point.

If we get any :lanekiffin: ing weaker we might as well just be on par with a Zimbabwean Dollar (costs $1,000,000,000,000 to buy a loaf of bread).

Because rest assured, the time is coming, and is coming quite soon when we will be forced from our position of authority and privilege as the world's reserve currency. China and Russia are assuring that, along with Brazil.

Buy gold. It is all that will be worth anything in the not-so-distant future. @UKat.

View PostForwardRebels, on 28 May 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

But the USD has already lost 97% of it's value since the creation of that most damnable institution, the Federal Reserve, in 1913, which in turn is the fault of traitors to the country like Fed Chairmen/women Arthur Burns (1970-78), George William Miller (1978-1979), Paul Volker (1979-1987), Alan Greenspan (1987-2006), Ben Bernanke (2006- January 31, 2014) and now Janet Yellen (present). I could have listed the others, but Nixon's decision started this Posted Image, so his Fed Chair gets to be the starting point.

If we get any :lanekiffin: ing weaker we might as well just be on par with a Zimbabwean Dollar (costs $1,000,000,000,000 to buy a loaf of bread).

Because rest assured, the time is coming, and is coming quite soon when we will be forced from our position of authority and privilege as the world's reserve currency. China and Russia are assuring that, along with Brazil.

Buy gold. It is all that will be worth anything in the not-so-distant future. @UKat.

The only thing saving our ass right now is everybody else is doing their best to destroy their currency right along with us.  Debt monetization is now the rule and not the exception...

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postnova, on 28 May 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

That's right, people age 45-65.  The boomers are that age.  Our population distribution is skewed in favor of people who are the peak of their income and wealth.  These same people, by virtue of having invested for 20+ years are also benefiting from #1 above.

So is it any wonder that wealth and income inequality is going up?  Young people have no assets to speak of and most can't even get a job these days, because of lack of growth.

Yep,that's why we had less children so they wouldn't grow up to horn in on our profits.We aim to keep you uppity youngsters down and that way we can flaunt all our cool assets around and rub ya'lls nose in it.

And the only time I want to see you guys on my lawn is if your pushin a mower!

But seriously,it's becoming increasingly difficult for people to retire these days.The monies we hoped to amass may have helped our kids through college(ridiculous amount of expense),weddings(same as college) or some unforeseen circumstance that costs an arm and leg.

Unless we cut those we care for completely off or,don't have kids,we will have to work longer.

And with health insurance,don't even get me started.

I'm working to recoup earlier setbacks now so I can retire someday.

But I am glad to have been able to help my kids as both are doing well now.I'd rather have that piece of mind than the money.

UKat

UKat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostARfanNmem, on 27 May 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

Well, for democrats its a win-win-win. First, u look good for increasing the minimum wage. With the increased unemployment u will have more people on the dole who naturally vote democrat. Plus u increase the wealth gap (by lowering demand for low-skilled workers) which is a big talking point for democrats! Why eliminate a problem when that problem gets u votes?
What? You mean my burger flipping doesn't require a high skill set??? I mean I went to Burger University and after all these years I now find out I have no skills........I'm quitting and drawing welfare and food stamps, I mean I've earned that retirement...........
I'm just really upset to find out I'm unskilled.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Repent, Turn from Sin and Trust in the Savior for your Salvation......this is the Way of the Master.

ARfanNmem

ARfanNmem
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUKat, on 31 May 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

What? You mean my burger flipping doesn't require a high skill set??? I mean I went to Burger University and after all these years I now find out I have no skills........I'm quitting and drawing welfare and food stamps, I mean I've earned that retirement...........
I'm just really upset to find out I'm unskilled.

Woah, I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you. Didn't really know there was that much that goes into training you all. Makes me wonder why they pay you minimum wage!

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think everyone should make a million dollars a year!!! Its only fair!!!

Posted Image