Favorite Teams - Page 2 - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Favorite Teams

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hogs.  no explanation needed

Pro baseball:  All a bunch of overpaid crybabies, but I guess the Twins since my wife is a fan.  Really it's whoever is playing the Yankees.

Pro football:  The Vikings for the same reason as the Twins.  My real favorite team is whoever happens to be playing Dallas.

Pro basketball:  No thanks

Pro hockey:  Not Canadian

Soccer:  Rather watch paint dry, probably would rather paint and then watch it dry

Posted Image

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

Na-Nu Na-Nu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Gameocks:  Born and raised in Columbia.  Got by BA in journalism from Carolina.

Cubs:  Grew up watching them on WGN.  Plus my all time favorite player is Ryan Sandberg.  I played second base in baseball.

SF 49ers: Grew up watching Montana, Rice, Craig, Rathman.  Now they have three Gamecocks including two of my all time favorites in Lattimore and Ellington.  I use to cheer for the Panthers, but then they drafted Newton.

NBA:  Don't really care.  I just want to see a good championship series.

Hockey:  Don't care

Soccer: USA

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Speaking of favorite teams,  @Benny needs to hook a brother up with and updated Charlotte logo.  The Buzz is back baby!
Posted Image

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Mississippi State - I'm a 3rd generation graduate of State.  10 of my close family members are graduates or are currently attending, not to mention many more if you start counting 2nd cousins or in-laws.  First and foremost I am an MSU sports fan, above any other team at any other level.  Always have been.  Was raised that way, will raise my kids that way.

New Orleans Saints - Grew up listening to games on the AM radio with my dad and grandfather (the latter which was a huge fan).  Didn't really have a "favorite" NFL team growing up, as I mainly idolized individual players on different teams (Favre, Elway, Montana, Young, E. Smith).  As I began to follow more closely and understand the game, I decided to settle on a favorite team when I was around high school age.  Easy to go with the local team, especially since many of my childhood hero's were retiring from their respective teams.  The Saints are the only professional team that I follow semi-religiously.

Dallas Mavericks - I will be dead honest and say I'm not a fan of an NBA team, or the NBA in general.  Literally the only time I watch it is if Dallas is playing in the playoffs.  Mainly because Erick Dampier was with them and I've always liked Dirk.  Just through the logo under my avatar to take up space, really.  I'm not technically a "fan", I just pull for them if I decide to have any interest in the NBA.

Texas Rangers/Atlanta Braves/Baltimore Orioles - I don't have a singular favorite team in the MLB.  I grew up "pulling" for these 3.  Texas because of Nolan Ryan and Raffy Palmerio.  Atlanta because every young boy in Mississippi grew up loving the Braves.  The Maddux/Smoltz/Glavine/Rocker/Chipper/Javy Lopez et al years were some of my most fond in memory in following the MLB.  Dad and grandad are/were big Orioles fans from the 1970's.  I've always had a "soft spot" for them, I guess you could say.  If you were to ask who my favorite team was, I would probably say Texas or Atlanta.

Golf - Always been a Lefty fan.  Also have begun to pull for Bubba in recent years.

FIRE EVERYONE

Weston M

Weston M

I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Saints: Dad grew up an hour from stadium. Watched them since birth
State: I'm not a spoiled prick
Braves: Maddux/Glavine/Smoltz

Posted Image