Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Alabama vs. USC 2016 Arlington?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We've never played a PAC 12 school. Ever. Like not even once.

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRodLovly, on 15 May 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

You're trying way too hard. You think USC won't be better in 2 years?
nope
Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGamecockDieHard, on 15 May 2014 - 06:26 AM, said:

Saban wanted to play 9 SEC games because he knew that would disadvantage the SEC programs that have quality OOC rivalry games.  Alabama is without a doubt a dynasty but a lot of their success came from smart strategy and knowing the rulebook well enough to cheat before it was called cheating.  What other programs considered a gentleman's agreement, Bama called an opportunity.  That doesn't take away anything from the incredible success they've had, imo, but let's not guild a lily for crying out loud.
screw  a gentlemans agreement....this football dammitt !!!  :trollface:
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

ALA2262

ALA2262
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Pleased to hear of these discussions inasmuch the reason Bama is playing in Atlanta this year and played there last year is because LK chickened (pun intended) out on a tentative agreement to play in the Chick-Fil-A Kickoff Classic in either 2013 or 2014 (their choice). USC's (read Pete Carroll's) preferred choice of opponents was Bama, therefore the Atlanta Sports Council was in negotiations with Bama for both years, not knowing which year USC would choose. All of that went out the window when PC left and LK came in. Bama wound up being contracted for both years.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 15 May 2014 - 07:15 AM, said:

We've never played a PAC 12 school. Ever. Like not even once.

It's just as well.They smell like gerbils.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I kind of hope USC beats the Posted Image of out Bama.

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
go ahead and baptize USC on national television and make my life complete.

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Saban wanted to play 9 SEC games because he knew that would disadvantage the SEC programs that have quality OOC rivalry games.  Alabama is without a doubt a dynasty but a lot of their success came from smart strategy and knowing the rulebook well enough to cheat before it was called cheating.  What other programs considered a gentleman's agreement, Bama called an opportunity.  That doesn't take away anything from the incredible success they've had, imo, but let's not guild a lily for crying out loud.

Enlighten me on which gentlemen's agreement? There's a lot of unspoken rules among programs, like not snitching. I'm curious which one Bama took advantage of...

Only one I can think of is hard work and hitting the recruiting trail harder than any coaching staff. A lot of athletic departments hate Saban for that.

Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 15 May 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

Your blasphemous talk on SECTalk, this isn't West Coast Digest! I know you didn't put on the tight jorts today, cutting off your circulation to your brain again. :trollface:

Posted Image

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

the level of fan arrogance between these two teams will create the need to reinforce the stadium just to sustain the skull weight.

ALA2262

ALA2262
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Silly assessment. SC playing Clemson doesn't have a damn thing to do with whether or not they win the SEC East and go to Atlanta. Stupid Posted Imageing remarks!

UAdan

UAdan

Puke, inside-of-a-pumpkin orange

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostnooneLT, on 15 May 2014 - 05:53 AM, said:

Yes cause Saban clearly has a track record of dodging quality opponents. He may be the only coach in the SEC who voted for a 9 game schedule, but, damn him trying to weasel out of playing... Mich St.

Haha, exactly.

Blake "The Snake" Sims

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

6-1 (3-1)

Next Game: @ Tennessee Volunteers

Knoxville, Tennessee

Neyland Stadium

UAdan

UAdan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Posted Image

Blake "The Snake" Sims

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

6-1 (3-1)

Knoxville, Tennessee

Neyland Stadium

UAdan

UAdan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Everyone in the SEC watches out for their own best interests. Saban isn't "taking advantage" of schools like UF, USC and UGA with the 9-game conference schedule stuff, he just wants a 9th game to preserve the Tennessee rivalry and give his team an advantage in seasons in which resumes vs other conferences will be compared (8 conf games vs 9 conf games). Richt, Muschamp and Spurrier don't want 9 conference games because it hinders their ability to schedule OOC matchups since they already have permanent OOC rivalries in place.

The stuff you guys find to blame/accuse Saban for is mind-boggling, sometimes.

Edited by UAdan, 17 May 2014 - 08:23 AM.

Blake "The Snake" Sims

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

6-1 (3-1)

Knoxville, Tennessee

Neyland Stadium

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

oh for god's sake, your hate for the Tide makes you sound like a petulant child.................give us a breakdown sir on OOC for the SEC teams and prove to us what you're spewing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users