Gay Marriage Legal in Arkansas - Page 2 - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Gay Marriage Legal in Arkansas

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's being challenged from what I understand.It seems like they slipped this by us.Usually the church folks nip this type of thing in the bud.I have a feeling someone's going to get kicked in the balls before this is over.

bulldawg28

bulldawg28
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It appears the next step is no separation of church and state. Freedom of speech in regards to opposing your beliefs against homosexuality is already under scrutiny. I'm sick of the homo movement.

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If this was what the folks of Arkansas want and it passed a general referendum then good for them. More likely a judge that didn't have the power to write law or violate the state constitution did this and the result will be a backlash against liberals and other people that choose to engage in homosexual sex.

Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSheLuvsBama, on 11 May 2014 - 04:59 PM, said:

It is a progressive move. I think it is fine. Live and let live. It really hurts no one.

Go to your room young lady.And don't even think about watching tv.

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

I AM AN OLE MISS REBEL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Cowboy, on 11 May 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

For the record, let me state that I am open to civil unions, though not marriage per-se, as I view it as an institution of the Church, to be defined only by the Church and not the State. Civil unions I have no problem with and see as a natural human right. Now..

Did this not directly contradict the Arkansas State Constitution? If so, progressives need not celebrate as this perceived freedom came only at the expense of Judicial abuse of power.

@ForwardRebels
@jacobp

help me out here if I'm wrong.
It indeed does contradict the state of Arkansas' Constitution, per page 159 of the online Arkansas State Constitution, which defines marriage as "a union b/w one man and one woman.

I am guessing that this judge in question either felt the need to disregard this law (grounds for impeachment for him or her) or used the argument that progressive judges in California, etc used, which is that said law violated the 14th Amendment rights of some couple that sued the state of Arkansas?

I thank you for bringing my attention to this, as the Arky state Constitution is a fascinating read. Quite a bit more detail to it than ours.
Also, per page 66, you should expect section 1 to be declared unconstitutional, should anyone ever take an inkling to challenge it in court. There is also a section in our Constitution saying the same thing, and it also would be declared unconstitutional (and no, I am not telling you what it is; look it up if you like).

http://www.arkleg.st...itution1874.pdf

(10) Ole Miss Rebels  3-0  (1-0)

Posted Image

View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 30 August 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

bear$ are legit.
Formerly known as FCNDawg

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Cowboy, on 11 May 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

For the record, let me state that I am open to civil unions, though not marriage per-se, as I view it as an institution of the Church, to be defined only by the Church and not the State. Civil unions I have no problem with and see as a natural human right. Now..

Did this not directly contradict the Arkansas State Constitution? If so, progressives need not celebrate as this perceived freedom came only at the expense of Judicial abuse of power.

@ForwardRebels
@jacobp

help me out here if I'm wrong.
Interesting case for sure. Judge in question is tasked, and sworn to, upholding the Arkansas Constitution along with the US Constitution. I don't know what's going to happen for sure yet. Only guarantee is state Senator Jason Rapert will make a complete ass of himself any day now
Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostForwardRebels, on 11 May 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

It indeed does contradict the state of Arkansas' Constitution, per page 159 of the online Arkansas State Constitution, which defines marriage as "a union b/w one man and one woman.

I am guessing that this judge in question either felt the need to disregard this law (grounds for impeachment for him or her) or used the argument that progressive judges in California, etc used, which is that said law violated the 14th Amendment rights of some couple that sued the state of Arkansas?

I thank you for bringing my attention to this, as the Arky state Constitution is a fascinating read. Quite a bit more detail to it than ours.
Also, per page 66, you should expect section 1 to be declared unconstitutional, should anyone ever take an inkling to challenge it in court. There is also a section in our Constitution saying the same thing, and it also would be declared unconstitutional (and no, I am not telling you what it is; look it up if you like).

http://www.arkleg.st...itution1874.pdf

The whole no religious tests thing disqualified that one. And in the marriage amendment section 2 is unconstitutional. You should not be able to force a state to issue a homo marriage license but you must recognize a legal one issued by another state. Article 4 sect 1 "full faith and credit " clause thingy says so.

Posted Image

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
as a hetrosexual, conservative male, there is no reason for the gays not to be able to get married. who the Posted Image are you to tell two people that love each other that they cant be married and spend the rest of their life together. how about we start executing people for getting a divorce like they say in the bible. or executing people for planting different crops side by side. get over yourselves.
Posted Image

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
in addition

Posted Image
Posted Image

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 11 May 2014 - 07:07 PM, said:

Go to your room young lady.And don't even think about watching tv.

Did you lock the door? :(
Posted Image

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

I AM AN OLE MISS REBEL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 11 May 2014 - 07:46 PM, said:

The whole no religious tests thing disqualified that one. And in the marriage amendment section 2 is unconstitutional. You should not be able to force a state to issue a homo marriage license but you must recognize a legal one issued by another state. Article 4 sect 1 "full faith and credit " clause thingy says so.
Indeed it does, which makes me wonder why they leave it in there?

Regarding marriage amendment section 2,
"Legal status for unmarried persons which is identical or substantially similar to marital status
shall not be valid or recognized in Arkansas, except that the legislature may recognize a common
law marriage from another state between a man and a woman"

So I'm not sure I am following you on section 2, as it pertains to common law marriages b/w a man and a woman?

(10) Ole Miss Rebels  3-0  (1-0)

Posted Image

View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 30 August 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

bear$ are legit.
Formerly known as FCNDawg

dcbl

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
well, if Hillary fails to claim the WH, now she can divorce Bill and retire to Ark and find happiness...
They don't think it be like it is, but it do!

Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Just a few years ago they get electricity now look at'em being all PC like they're from New York City..

New York City!!
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

The Cowboy

The Cowboy
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
So it looks like a circuit judge just got to feeling a little frisky and overstepped his bounds, which he will pay for by losing his bench if an impeachment proceeding begins when the House meets again. What a dumbass. Not to mention it got the LGBT people all riled up to witness another apparent defeat here soon (actually after millions of dollars are wasted settling this in court).

The Cowboy

The Cowboy
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@jacobp I just checked out this Rapert guy's Twitter. Dude is a first-rate looney toon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users