Spurrier dissed Clowney - South Carolina Sports - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Spurrier dissed Clowney

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Watched 2014 Draft Academy and they played SOS's interview where he compared Clowney's work ethic to Lattermore and Gilmore.

It might be true but why hurt the program?

Edited by Noah, 10 May 2014 - 07:57 AM.

After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

GamecockDieHard

GamecockDieHard
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
That was a significant slight by Spurrier.  Lot's of Gamecock fans want to say it was taken out of context, however it doesn't change the fact that haters grabbed it a ran with it like their hair was on fire.  Spurrier knows better but for whatever reason, he threw blood in the water.  He was being painfully honest as usual, he put barbs on it almost as if to settle some kind of score.  Clowney was that rare athlete that didn't have to do everything Spurrier asked him to do and I think it perturbed HBC's massive ego.  However, there's no question in my mind that Clowney sandbagged some of the games.  It will be interesting to see if he turns it up a notch now that payday has finally arrived.  It's gotta be a very different mindset when you realize you could have been playing for money 3 or 4 years ago.  I'm a big fan of Clowney and hope he finally plays to his full potential.

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The dude was lazy, and it's a bigger shame because of the ability he has. It doesn't change the fact he's still a freak, Spurrier just answered honestly.

I for one would like to see him get with JJ Watts and play with authority. Because of pure entertainment alone, much like Manziel on the offensive side.

Posted Image

bulldawg28

bulldawg28
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Spurrier later said no one works harder than Marcus Latimore so really a moot statement in comparison.

Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Spurter can't help himself. They eat their young you know!   And I do not mean the usce side of him. The spurter side.

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Probably why SC doesn't get elite QBs on a regular basis...... no doubt he would be a hell of a coach to learn under as a QB but who wants to be criticized publicly for any mistake you make or benched on a whim? He just doesn't seem to instill confidence nor to have his players back when needed. I will admit that I kind of wish Richt would be a tad more like this but Spurrier just takes it to the extreme it seems

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 10 May 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

Probably why SC doesn't get elite QBs on a regular basis...... no doubt he would be a hell of a coach to learn under as a QB but who wants to be criticized publicly for any mistake you make or benched on a whim? He just doesn't seem to instill confidence nor to have his players back when needed. I will admit that I kind of wish Richt would be a tad more like this but Spurrier just takes it to the extreme it seems

That's part of the boy-to-man process of being a college athlete with pro aspirations; because if you don't have thick enough skin to handle some criticism from Spurs, you're in a whole helluva lot of trouble when you're playing in the NFL, where QB's are scrutinized constantly and mercilessly.

And Spurs' criticisms are usually constructive, but delivered with a bit of bite to those athletes who haven't responded to his mild-mannered suggestions. He and his staff have been trying to get that kid to play to his potential for 3 years with little success... I'm sure it's frustrating as a coach to see a dominant talent not dominate.
Posted Image

foxflyer5

foxflyer5

I hate that guy.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
jab at clowney all you want.  he did seem lazy and I dint think all his talent will translate to the nfl.

but I will agree,  spurrier does not instill confidence.  at least publicly.  its all about negative reinforcement.

Posted Image

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postfoxflyer5, on 04 June 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

jab at clowney all you want.  he did seem lazy and I dint think all his talent will translate to the nfl.

but I will agree,  spurrier does not instill confidence.  at least publicly.  its all about negative reinforcement.
you playing catch up?
You'll need tooo check the Spurrier had a stroke thread....

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
What he said was true. Negative or Positive you're going to get straight shooting from Spurrier. Which is what I like most about him. Lorenzo Ward stated early last season in a after practice interview that Clowney wasn't playing hard every down. No one made a thread about this then.

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man

Like him

Formerly known as bmccall

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
So not having the work ethic of someone who overcame two catastrophic knee injuries, or someone who came out of highschool as a three star before becoming an All American and top 10 overall draft pick= being lazy. Fukk outta here. You don't become as good as Clowney is while being lazy, doesn't matter how much you were born with.

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hell, Lattermore didn't really have much time to show off his work ethic. No way are any of Spurriers practices as difficult as rehab for a torn ligament. Any coaches practices for that matter. Some ppl don't realize how painful rehab really is for an athlete trying to come back just as strong.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users