Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

SEC Stadiums

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
175 replies to this topic

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
"Come to msu. We can grow grass!"

Du-te la dracu 'LSU

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 21 June 2014 - 01:58 AM, said:

"Come to msu. We can grow grass!"

I hear Ole Miss grows the best grass.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 21 June 2014 - 04:18 AM, said:

I hear Ole Miss grows the best grass.

they do. I took a tour of that place back in my college years. they were harvesting some and threw it on a 40 ft tarp. I laughed when they rolled it and tied off twisted ends. looked hand made for king kong. yet you don't hear us using this point of interest as a bragging point for our university.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 20 June 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:

dont lecture me about grass.  thats how badass we are.  we could take over a kuwait runway filled with gonorrhea ridden corpses, mine fields, michael jackson nose pieces,  and heroin needles and that mother :lanekiffin:er would be sprouting a lawn in 4 days you clowns would rape your mother for.  thats how msu rolls on grass.  we literally invented a turf-grass that is world renowned for its athletic playing properties.  i am aware this was a troll attempt (as you clearly implied), but there are threads on some of our message boards about the state of the field.  those in the know aint worried.  grass is one of the things we do.

Yes I noticed it bears a striking resemblance to the grass at the US Open last weekend.Reeeeeeeal nice,real nice...........ha

yankin chain,etc....

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 21 June 2014 - 06:08 AM, said:

they do. I took a tour of that place back in my college years. they were harvesting some and threw it on a 40 ft tarp. I laughed when they rolled it and tied off twisted ends. looked hand made for king kong. yet you don't hear us using this point of interest as a bragging point for our university.

What's sad is there is no telling how much research OM has done as far as medical use but I guarantee our states will be dead last to legalize.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 21 June 2014 - 07:48 AM, said:

Yes I noticed it bears a striking resemblance to the grass at the US Open last weekend.Reeeeeeeal nice,real nice...........ha

yankin chain,etc....

Did you see some of those driving numbers? 367yrds 345yrds? Wtf they either had those fairways skint or it played like a parking lot. Equipment hasn't came that far along.

ROLL TIDE!!

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
"we're number one in grass growing so eat a dick. Nobody takes that spot from STATE...NOBODY!"

Edited by A10Rebel, 21 June 2014 - 08:51 AM.

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postdcbl, on 04 May 2014 - 10:59 AM, said:

1 - What stadiums has everyone been to?

2 - How do you rank them from best to worst (excluding YOUR team's stadium)?

3 - Your "hit list / wish list" of stadiums to visit you have not seen from most want to visit to least

I have been to:
  • UGA - of course

• Auburn

• Vandy

• South Carolina

• Ole Miss

• Alabama

• Gator Bowl (does not really count)
Ranking them:
  • Ole Miss

• Bama

• South Carolina

• Auburn

• Vandy
Where I want to go:
  • LSU

• Tennessee

• Arkansas

• Kentucky

• aTm

• Mizzou

• Florida

• Miss State
Florida is low on my list because it will never be against us.

Miss State? Sorry, I am just not that excited about a trip to Starkville...

I have also been to GA Tech a bunch, have been to 3 Sugar bowls and a few Peach Bowls

I have lived in Bham now for just over 10 years and have not been to a game at Legion Field.

I may have to do that this year, pick a good noon time game just to check it out (noon time so I don't miss important games on TV and to reduce the chances that I get mugged or have my car broken into)

I MIGHT just find a way to make it to Little Rock and/or Lexington this year.

You need to go to Legion Field just once. The history inside those walls will belt you when you get there. So much has happened over so many, many years there. Alabama has so many memories there. This is where we played the great Southern Cal in the game that changed things in a positive way for so many. This is where we have seen Coach Bryant stand so many times at the goal post and push his players as he paced the sidelines to do the things that would make them want to win, need to win. This is where Notre Dame has run onto the field and given us so much trouble. (hahaha!) This is where the Crimson Tide played Archie Manning in 1969 in the first prime time nationally broadcast college football game and won by a score of 33-32. Alabama has a great love for Legion Field. It has been a fabulous place and will give you very strong feelings once you get inside. I really hope you will go.
Posted Image

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 05 May 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

You mean you've never heard a UF fan talk about how they're God's gift to football and His chosen team?..........No really. A lot their fans legit think that God favors Auburn football. Why? I don't know, but I have heard this a few times before.

It's that Southern thing rearing it's head.... :lol:
Posted Image

shamoan

shamoan

I am a double-major in sticks and mud.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostA10Rebel, on 21 June 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

"we're number one in grass growing so eat a dick. Nobody takes that spot from STATE...NOBODY!"

damn right

OUR grass

dcbl

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 20 June 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:

grass is one of the things we do.

Posted ImagePosted Image
They don't think it be like it is, but it do!

Posted Image