things you miss from your younger days - Page 8 - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com - Page 8

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

things you miss from your younger days

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 30 April 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

I was riding home from the pool on the tailgate of one of those old battleship station wagons once.

As we got close to my house I thought I could just jump off the tailgate and if I ran fast enough I could stay upright, and my momentum wouldn't make me fall.

I was wrong; I don't give a :lanekiffin: how fast you were as a kid, you can't run as fast as a car even when it's going pretty slow.

That's sort of what happened to me one day on a skateboard. I just kept getting faster and faster and losing control. I thought I could maybe jump off and keep running for a second and not fall. Needless to say, that didn't work at all. I was so bruised up, skinned up, and very, very unhappy and sore for a while. I didn't care much for a skateboard after that! :lol:
Posted Image

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 01 May 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

Long, spontaneous road trips at the drop of a hat, any time and day of the week.

I STILL dig those! :D
Posted Image

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSheLuvsBama, on 01 May 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

I STILL dig those! :D

Same. I've been known to dissapear to Savannah, GA overnight.
"It's all about a mindset at Alabama, either you buy into the program or you don't." - CJ Mosley

Posted Image

thedruebanks

thedruebanks

AKA BatteredPancake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Dunkaroos

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSheLuvsBama, on 01 May 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

That's sort of what happened to me one day on a skateboard. I just kept getting faster and faster and losing control. I thought I could maybe jump off and keep running for a second and not fall. Needless to say, that didn't work at all. I was so bruised up, skinned up, and very, very unhappy and sore for a while. I didn't care much for a skateboard after that! :lol:

I was a skateboarder for 15-20 years. It has a lot in common with being a Tennessee fan. Occasionally you do something cool, but most of the time you just fall flat on your face in front of a large audience

Edited by zartan, 01 May 2014 - 10:57 AM.

Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNoah, on 01 May 2014 - 08:00 AM, said:

I blew up my girlfriend's parents mailbox with an m80 because it was orange.

I put a dead rabbit in a mail box on a sat night so it would be prime for Mondays mail cause the killed my dog
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I could take a good one every day
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
There were no 4 wheelers, no Nintendo and telephones were on a cord in the kitchen. When you left the house nobody could find you nor did they worry about it. I could be in the creek, gone to the lake, in the lot playing ball, at the club playing tennis or on the farm shooting snakes. Nobody could call to stop anything. I got to be me when school was out.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
They were better days my friends...
"It's all about a mindset at Alabama, either you buy into the program or you don't." - CJ Mosley

Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Long as my kids never read.. Wednesday was garbage day where I grew up and lemme tell ya one of those city trash cans with the wheels are pretty awesome turned loose about 45-50mph. I've seen major air and flippage..

My buddy had a big 4x4 and we would either set on the tailgate or the cans fit perfectly in his brush guard.

I miss how spontaneous life was whether it was road trips, camping, just getting out.. now I've got to take time from work, make sure kids don't have sporting events..band things, wife hasn't made my plans already, etc..
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Glad there ain't a possum growin up around here right now.......ha

I grew up in Hot Springs and we had an old couple from Florida move across the street from us.We had a neighborhood full of kids so it was always loud.Well the old man didn't like the noise so he would threaten to call the law and such.

Well,it was on then.We made his life a loud living hell every chance we got.Heck kids I'd never seen showed up to join in.We finally ran them off.

Kids are going to be kids and if a little noise of playing is all you've got to complain about just learn to get used to it.

But on topic,I miss my Mom,my vision without glasses,my hair,my boner,my friends and a carefree life amount many other things.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 01 May 2014 - 06:47 PM, said:

Glad there ain't a possum growin up around here right now.......ha

I grew up in Hot Springs and we had an old couple from Florida move across the street from us.We had a neighborhood full of kids so it was always loud.Well the old man didn't like the noise so he would threaten to call the law and such.

Well,it was on then.We made his life a loud living hell every chance we got.Heck kids I'd never seen showed up to join in.We finally ran them off.

Kids are going to be kids and if a little noise of playing is all you've got to complain about just learn to get used to it.

But on topic,I miss my Mom,my vision without glasses,my hair,my boner,my friends and a carefree life amount many other things.

I was wondering who would mention boner first.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

WDavE

WDavE
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Back when big wheels (plastic tricycles) were the big fad for kids. We would steal them out of a yard and tie them to the back of a car. You have not lived until you have ridden a big wheel at 40 mph. You couldn't  even see the pedals.

We would ride them until the big tire in front would wear down.

I also miss the old coke machines that had the bottles all lined up vertically in the machine but laying out horizontally. While I waited for the school bus everyday. I would take a dixie cup and bottle opener with me and would have a drink out of just about everyone of them in the machine.
"If a Laundromat in Tuscaloosa wants to pick Alabama No. 1, we'll claim it." -- Paul W. Bryant

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I miss waiting in the bushes with my fireworks. I would see one of my older sisters come in from a date and haul ass outside to the bushes. It was a 40 yd walk from the house to the street and soon as the date would kiss good night and turn to leave he was looking for me. I could be anywhere. Just when he got off the 15th step (last one down from front door) the attack was on. I would hum those bottle rockets faster than Jackie chan could dodge them. Sisters would complain, dad would get on to me but since I would hear him laugh afterwards I never quit my job till they went to college.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Large Marge

Large Marge

Ask me about Loom

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
My stash

I was 2 days younger when I had it, so it counts.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users