Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

James Franklin is a messed up dude(allegedly)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

A new defense filing in the case involving rape charges against four former Vanderbilt players claims that current Penn State coach James Franklin contacted the alleged victim shortly after the incident, according to a report in the Tennessean.
Defense attorneys for Brandon Vandenburg -- one for four former Commodores charged with five counts of aggravated rape stemming from an alleged on-campus assault against a 21-year-old female student last June -- asked the the court to dismiss the charges because the prosecution failed to preserve key evidence.
In the filing, the defense says Franklin and strength coach Dwight Galt -- who left Vandy for the same jobs at Penn State this winter -- talked to the alleged victim four days after the rape during a medical examination.
Franklin and Galt told the victim "that they cared about her because she assisted them with recruiting," according to the filing. Later, the defense said, "Coach Franklin called her in for a private meeting and told her he wanted her to get 15 pretty girls together and form a team to assist with the recruiting even though he knew it was against the rules. He added that all the other colleges did it."
Franklin, when reached by phone on Tuesday, repeatedly said he was "not interested in talking."
The other former players

http://espn.go.com/c...bilt-commodores

Edited by Titans4Vols, 29 April 2014 - 04:33 PM.

One does not simply throw towards Cameron Sutton.

Posted Image

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Simple mistake.

thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Doesn't surprise me

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Every school does this at every level. Maybe not the rape thing...

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

LEGENDARY

sounds like penn st made the perfect fit for a hire
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHail2TheTide, on 29 April 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

Every school does this at every level. Maybe not the rape thing...

Yeah, maybe schools do the "use pretty women to attract recruits" thing, but saying a woman being raped helped recruiting and that because of that he wants her to go gather 15 other women(and herself) and go out and attract more people?

I mean, seriously? After what she went through?

I don't even.

One does not simply throw towards Cameron Sutton.

Posted Image

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTitans4Vols, on 29 April 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

Yeah, maybe schools do the "use pretty women to attract recruits" thing, but saying a woman being raped helped recruiting and that because of that he wants her to go gather 15 other women(and herself) and go out and attract more people?

I don't even.

Yeah he always came off as a douche...

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTitans4Vols, on 29 April 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

I don't even.
I think its saying he wanted to form a committee of hotness, that she was on it, and after this rape happened he called her in as one of the girls who "helped with recruiting."

Still Posted Imageed up, but no, its not saying he wanted to form a committee as a result.
Posted Image

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
They really like rape in the Big10 (getting raped by SEC teams and having a lot of players/coaches accused of it) so he'll fit in great!!

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHail2TheTide, on 29 April 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

Yeah he always came off as a douche...

There is reason for that

Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 29 April 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

sounds like penn st made the perfect fit for a hire

That's what I was thinking. They're trying to get past criminal deviant sexual charges, trials, convictions, and cover-ups, as well as NCAA probation; and hire the one guy they think might be above it all because he was at Vandy, and Posted Image , turns out he thought asking a rape victim to aid recruiting by getting her friends to do "favors" was appropriate.
Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Makes him sound pretty insensitive to her plight.I wonder if this is what really happened.Hard to tell these days.

But it appears either Penn State didn't do their homework very well in hiring him or they were willing to overlook this to try to win games.

Either way it keeps them in a negative light,but I personally don't care and that's all I got to say about 'at 'aight 'air.

thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I thought Franklin was a legit loyal guy, I couldn't have been more wrong. Now this comes out too, just sad.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 29 April 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

Makes him sound pretty insensitive to her plight.I wonder if this is what really happened.Hard to tell these days.

But it appears either Penn State didn't do their homework very well in hiring him or they were willing to overlook this to try to win games.

Either way it keeps them in a negative light,but I personally don't care and that's all I got to say about 'at 'aight 'air.

Apparently it's actually worse than this relatively mild ESPN article makes out. I'd say you're right about them doing a poor job of vetting the guy.

PSU supposedly went for the upstanding coach from a prestigious university and got a pimp instead... can't wait to see and hear their reaction.

The more I think about it, the sicker it sounds.

He didn't just ask a rape victim to procure a stable of 'hostesses" for him a few days after being raped; he asked a rape victim that was raped by his very own players to get more girls to potentially subject themselves to the same treatment.
Posted Image

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 29 April 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

Apparently it's actually worse than this relatively mild ESPN article makes out. I'd say you're right about them doing a poor job of vetting the guy.

PSU supposedly went for the upstanding coach from a prestigious university and got a pimp instead... can't wait to see and hear their reaction.

The more I think about it, the sicker it sounds.

He didn't just ask a rape victim to procure a stable of 'hostesses" for him a few days after being raped; he asked a rape victim that was raped by his very own players to get more girls to potentially subject themselves to the same treatment.

What the Posted Image...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users