Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Carolina 9 Point Favorite Over A&M

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHail2TheTide, on 27 April 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:

I think I know which one you'd remove... They impressed me in 2012. They were our real national championship. This year they had an injury bug, but I think they will be very good this year.

If just being good or impressive is the standard then TAMU qualifies too. In the SEC we're all about bringing home the bacon... I think that has dawned on both programs, and we'll see how serious they are about keeping pace by how they address defense going forward. TAMU was dead last and Mizzou was 10th in the SEC last year.

All coaches seem to recognize that defense is what sets the SEC apart; and most have conceded that they're usually the closest thing to NFL defenses that they've seen in the college ranks.
Posted Image

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 27 April 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

If just being good or impressive is the standard then TAMU qualifies too. In the SEC we're all about bringing home the bacon... I think that has dawned on both programs, and we'll see how serious they are about keeping pace by how they address defense going forward. TAMU was dead last and Mizzou was 10th in the SEC last year.

All coaches seem to recognize that defense is what sets the SEC apart; and most have conceded that they're usually the closest thing to NFL defenses that they've seen in the college ranks.

I think they will be much improved on defense. 10 returning starters and a new DC that may have a brain.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHail2TheTide, on 27 April 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

I think they will be much improved on defense. 10 returning starters and a new DC that may have a brain.

Are you talking about TAMU or Mizzou?

If you're still talking about UGA I'm not that interested; heard that song and dance repeatedly since Richt has been there.

They've had new DC's and several returning starters plenty of times in the last 15 years.
Posted Image

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 27 April 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

Are you talking about TAMU or Mizzou?

If you're still talking about UGA I'm not that interested; heard that song and dance repeatedly since Richt has been there.

They've had new DC's and several returning starters plenty of times in the last 15 years.

UGA. I don't follow them that close so idk. We shall see.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHail2TheTide, on 27 April 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

UGA. I don't follow them that close so idk. We shall see.

I don't have much of a choice; I live in central Georgia much of the year.
Posted Image

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 27 April 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

I don't have much of a choice; I live in central Georgia much of the year.

Sounds like a bad place to be a Gators fan. I am in Gamecock country, plus UNC, State, and believe it or not, ECU has a massive fan base.

Edited by Hail2TheTide, 27 April 2014 - 12:24 PM.

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHail2TheTide, on 24 April 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

I only talk Posted Image about the ones who I believe are inferior. You dont see me talk Posted Image about Auburn, UGA, or LSU
thanks for the vote of confidence, but id replace Georgia with usc and florida...

View PostGatorHater24, on 24 April 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

We're just not used to the whole male cheerleading squad and having a collie for a mascot. Aside from the gamecocks and vandy, most of the teams in the SEC are associated with masculine/strong animals such as the large cat, reptile, or canine..... and as far as male cheerleaders go, well they are used for holding up the females
apparently you've never been in a fight with a rooster...how manly is the bassett hound at Tennessee?

View PostMizzouMark, on 25 April 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

Apparently it is a secret weapon because the aggies just landed their best recruiting class pretty much in their history and was in the top 5 of every recruiting service's rankings in the country and they're on their way to repeat that success this year.

I'm picking the aggies to win by 10+
that class wont matter for a couple seasons!

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 27 April 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

I was with you until this gem... is this one of those association games where you pick the one who doesn't belong with the others? :lol:
my guess would be Georgia!

View PostHail2TheTide, on 27 April 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:

I think I know which one you'd remove... They impressed me in 2012. They were our real national championship. This year they had an injury bug, but I think they will be very good this year.
that Georgia team wasn't very good and played an easy schedule which allowed them to remain fresher for longer!

View PostHail2TheTide, on 27 April 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

10 returning starters from a bad defense is still a bad defense...and fsu recruited a much better defense, so the jury is still out on Pruitt!
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users