Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Diversity and Oxford, a hard-hitting introspective look by REAL journalists

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

shamoan

shamoan

Technique is a crutch for the talentless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
things have come a long  way in oxford.  and for those trying to understand difficult mathematical concepts like what percentages mean, this is your video.  

enjoy:

https://www.youtube....h?v=gGjcZXthmc8

Edited by shamoan, 22 April 2014 - 11:36 AM.

Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
lol. Y'all are making sure bbqit  never, ever comes back, huh?
Posted Image

shamoan

shamoan

Technique is a crutch for the talentless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
why cant i embed youtube anymore?  WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????????
Posted Image

Stefanozz

Stefanozz
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Remove the S in https.
you can't embed secure sites/videos.

And I think he just said dollar generals are for black people because they are poor.
Posted Image

Edited by Stefanozz, 22 April 2014 - 12:05 PM.

Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
1) the whole square issue is just BS reporting.  There is no notion trying to keep the square "white".  That's absurd.  It's just that most of the population in Oxford who can afford to shop and eat there are white.

2) Pat Patterson is and always will be a grad A douche.  Nobody but the old timer baptists like him

And what's with all the hate Shammy?  You havent made an unhateful post in about 3 months.  SPED is rubbing off on you.

Edited by GoldenRebel, 22 April 2014 - 12:15 PM.

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 22 April 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

1) the whole square issue is just BS reporting.  There is no notion trying to keep the square "white".  That's absurd.  It's just that most of the population in Oxford who can afford to shop and eat there are white.

2) Pat Patterson is and always will be a grad A douche.  Nobody but the old timer baptists like him

And what's with all the hate Shammy?  You havent made an unhateful post in about 3 months.  SPED is rubbing off on you.

Agreed. What the hell do you mean you don't have enoough Dollar Generals to appeal to the common people. I am sorry, but that's the most stereotypical (what most people seem to think anyway) OM thing I have ever heard.
Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 22 April 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

Agreed. What the hell do you mean you don't have enoough Dollar Generals to appeal to the common people. I am sorry, but that's the most stereotypical (what most people seem to think anyway) OM thing I have ever heard.

It is kind of...the truth.  And by that I'm not talking black or white, but just purely economics.  Every place on the square is expensive.  A meal is >$15 per person, shirts are $80, ties are $65, dresses are $120, etc.  Rent is outrageously high.  The condo's there are over $1 million.  The social status of it is just amplified due to the size of the town.  It's small. But it contains a very wide range of incomes.  Half of the people in the town are middle class.  25% are rich.  25% poor.  So the businesses there can afford to charge high prices.  They are making bank doing so.  Do the same base study in the affluent shopping areas of any big city in the region.  You'll come up with the same figures.  It's not race.  It's just the way it is.

Edited by GoldenRebel, 22 April 2014 - 12:33 PM.

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 22 April 2014 - 12:32 PM, said:

It is kind of...the truth.  And by that I'm not talking black or white, but just purely economics.  Every place on the square is expensive.  A meal is >$15 per person, shirts are $80, ties are $65, dresses are $120, etc.  Rent is outrageously high.  The condo's there are over $1 million.  The social status of it is just amplified due to the size of the town.  It's small. But it contains a very wide range of incomes.  Half of the people in the town are middle class.  25% are rich.  25% poor.  So the businesses there can afford to charge high prices.  They are making bank doing so.  Do the same base study in the affluent shopping areas of any big city in the region.  You'll come up with the same figures.  It's not race.  It's just the way it is.

He may be 100% correct, but he still sounds like an elitist bunghole.
Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
And if you pay seven figures for a condo in Oxford or Starkville, you're a moron.

Edited by 1dawgfan09, 22 April 2014 - 12:43 PM.

Posted Image

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 22 April 2014 - 12:32 PM, said:

You could take Oxford out of this post and insert Fayetteville and it'd ring just as true.

this OP is stupid
Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 22 April 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

He may be 100% correct, but he still sounds like an elitist bunghole.

Oh he's the worst.

bulldawg28

bulldawg28
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Patterson sounds like r4fl's dad and another posters brother.

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@1dawgfan09 this weeks hump day thread on SPS is just immaculate.  I dont think I'm going to be able to work for another 30 min after that.

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 22 April 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

@1dawgfan09 this weeks hump day thread on SPS is just immaculate.  I dont think I'm going to be able to work for another 30 min after that.

I'm gonna go check it out.
Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo > all

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Retarded post is retarded.
Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate