Environmentalism is Costing Everyone - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Environmentalism is Costing Everyone

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://www.theblaze....our-thoughts-2/

Edited by KneesInTheBreeze, 22 April 2014 - 11:09 AM.

Beware: The misguided mignons of political correctness abound at SECTALK!

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Trees are for pussies!!!
"It's all about a mindset at Alabama, either you buy into the program or you don't." - CJ Mosley

Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Screw oxygen!
Posted Image

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yeah, we can learn to breathe more car exhaust fumes than we already do!
Posted Image

The Doctor

The Doctor

Wibbly Wobbley Timey Wimey

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

The planet has experienced times when the CO2 levels were 50 times greater than the present level and survived just fine.

The planet also survived having a molten surface, but that doesn't mean that's a good thing for the human race or the various flora and fauna of this planet. Sure earth would survive with higher C02 levels, but it doesn't mean we will.

Those in Sub-Saharan Africa live lives that are brutal and short and do not need us lecturing them about the dangers of coal fired power plants. They need a source of energy to improve their lives with the chance to transport some fresh water and perhaps a CO2 molecule or two so that they can grow a plant to eat. In exchange they might reintroduce us to the life saving wonders of DDT.

I don't think having energy to transport water is going to help very much when the ground water is contaminated from the pollutants produce as a result of coal fired power plants. I don't even know what that C02 comment is supposed to mean. Plants have more than enough C02, and they will with or without fossil fuel emissions.

This article is nothing but a cherry picking of statistics in order to dispute dangers that we know are happening but some don't want to acknowledge.

Edited by The Doctor, 23 April 2014 - 09:31 AM.

Formerly known as rebelfan91

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

OLEMAHA!

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
So we've done away with the Think Tank eh?

Posted Image

" (Dakota) Prescott completed 58.4 percent of his passes in 2013, 11th among the 13 SEC quarterbacks with enough attempts to qualify. He threw 10 touchdowns to seven interceptions, a TD-to-INT ratio more on par with Arkansas' Brandon Allen (13-10) than Manziel. "  -Hugh Kellenburger

Formerly known as FCNDawg

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostForwardRebels, on 22 April 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

So we've done away with the Think Tank eh?

Well, to be fair, that piece was from the blaze... it doesn't really qualify for a forum named the Think Tank. :D
Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I can't say that I miss the smell of sewage from the creeks,or getting Typhoid booster shots because a neighbor kid got sick while swimming in a lake  or seeing the air I breath.

We used to ride down the highways and throw the trash out the windows,everyone did,that's the way it was.

There are a lot of things that got cleaned up that needed to be cleaned up.We live and learn,but we don't need to forget and go back.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 22 April 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

I can't say that I miss the smell of sewage from the creeks,or getting Typhoid booster shots because a neighbor kid got sick while swimming in a lake  or seeing the air I breath.

We used to ride down the highways and throw the trash out the windows,everyone did,that's the way it was.

There are a lot of things that got cleaned up that needed to be cleaned up.We live and learn,but we don't need to forget and go back.

Aw, c'mon, don't you think these are cute?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Just think, we might be lucky enough to have children born like that one day. You know what they say, 2 heads are better than 1. :D
Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If things had been allowed to go on like they were when I was a kid,I can't imagine how unlivable this country would be.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 22 April 2014 - 08:24 PM, said:

If things had been allowed to go on like they were when I was a kid,I can't imagine how unlivable this country would be.

Remember this from back in the day...

Posted Image
Posted Image

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 22 April 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

Posted Image

And it's truer than ever.
Posted Image

ARfanNmem

ARfanNmem
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
As civilizations progress, they move from energy sources that are less energy dense to more energy dense. Man power, animal power, wood, wind, hydro, coal, oil, gas, nuclear. This allows humans to use fewer resources AND provide increasing levels of energy at lower costs to more people.

Telling poor countries to just suck it up and die instead of progressing is just cruel. If its freeze to death or burn wood and survive, most people will forget about the CO2 emissions. However, as countries become wealthier they have the luxury of cleaning up their rivers and air. China is doing this. While happy they aren't starving, they are tired of choking on smog. That is why China is investing significantly in near-zero carbon producing, high energy dense nuclear power.

http://www.forbes.co...ce-always-paid/

Yet the US continues to dick around with wind and solar while coal and gas provide most of the base load power. You think the oil/gas industry is scared of wind/solar? They know its fool's gold.

Wake up folks. Cheap, abundant energy is the best way to enable all the social justice goals that progressives claim to promote (affordable food, goods, education, health, jobs, quality of life). Okay, rant over. Tldr I'm sure.

Edited by ARfanNmem, 22 April 2014 - 09:23 PM.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 22 April 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

Posted Image

This is what I thought of when talking about throwing trash out the car windows.We made the Indian cry.

The Doctor

The Doctor

Wibbly Wobbley Timey Wimey

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostARfanNmem, on 22 April 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

Yet the US continues to dick around with wind and solar while coal and gas provide most of the base load power. You think the oil/gas industry is scared of wind/solar? They know its fool's gold.

Wake up folks. Cheap, abundant energy is the best way to enable all the social justice goals that progressives claim to promote (affordable food, goods, education, health, jobs, quality of life). Okay, rant over. Tldr I'm sure.

My problem with this is that coal/gas are not sustainable long term options. We need to find newer, cleaner, renewable sources of energy. Water is the key factor here. Clean water is becoming a luxury.  Yeah, fracking is the big thing right now but it's been shown to contaminate the water table. The key stone pipeline is going to be ecologically devastating if its approved. It runs across key water supplies, and oil sands are far more toxic than the conventional crude oil.
Formerly known as rebelfan91