Austin Golson leaving the team... - SEC Trash Talk - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Austin Golson leaving the team...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

A10Rebel

A10Rebel
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Word is that he's going to Auburn, Freeze is not blocking the transfer so we'll see him in one year, and it's because he's homesick...homesick.

This Posted Image wouldn't know what homesick is, dude is a starter too.

I mean he just blew our O-line all to hell.

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostA10Rebel, on 21 April 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

Word is that he's going to Auburn, Freeze is not blocking the transfer so we'll see him in one year, and it's because he's homesick...homesick.

This :lanekiffin: wouldn't know what homesick is, dude is a starter too.

I mean he just blew our O-line all to hell.

Selfish ass reason to leave his teammates hanging.
Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
There's got to be more to it than that. I have a guess but I'll just leave my assumptions to myself

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 21 April 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

There's got to be more to it than that. I have a guess but I'll just leave my assumptions to myself

If there is, I apologize, but y'all needed him pretty badly, didn't you?
Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 21 April 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

If there is, I apologize, but y'all needed him pretty badly, didn't you?

In simplest terms, we are Posted Imageed

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 21 April 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

In simplest terms, we are :lanekiffin:ed

Not anymore so than we would be in this situation. Freeze had a patchwork offensive line in 2012, and y'all did pretty well. And I have heard that it isn't a done deal he's gone.
Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
But if he is leaving because he's homesick, that's a weak move. It's college. You and everyone else is homesick, man, at some point. There are people on that team--your friends and brothers--that depend on you.
Posted Image

A10Rebel

A10Rebel
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 21 April 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

I've heard a couple things: There's butthurt because of Tunsil, he has ailing grandparents, who apparently raised him; in which I case I get it, and/or he's homesick.

Okay then you can go play at Troy, imo.

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 21 April 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

Not anymore so than we would be in this situation. Freeze had a patchwork offensive line in 2012, and y'all did pretty well. And I have heard that it isn't a done deal he's gone.

It's just really bad timing. He takes every snap at rt through spring ball and as soon as it ends he wants out?  If it really is his grandparents being sick, grow up and get a set of balls. That's what happens to old people.

Maybe freeze can work something out with him scheduling wise. Or whatever. Part of me just wants to say screw you and don't come back.

A10Rebel

A10Rebel
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 21 April 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

It's just really bad timing. He takes every snap at rt through spring ball and as soon as it ends he wants out?  If it really is his grandparents being sick, grow up and get a set of balls. That's what happens to old people.

Maybe freeze can work something out with him scheduling wise. Or whatever. Part of me just wants to say screw you and don't come back.

I know right?  What is he going to do for them? Take over as caregiver?  Well then I guess he can't go to school since that's a full time job taking care of someone.

I just don't understand the timing on this, the fact that he's a starter, no loyalty to your lineman. Dude cowboy the Posted Image up, there are guys your age getting fragged in Afghanistan right now and you're homesick??? gtfo of my office.

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Is Austin still being breast fed?

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This is how I would put it to the kid, If I were Freeze (I am not sure if Freeze can have contact with the players in the summer, can he?) or his position coach:

I would sit him down across from me in my office, and I would just lay it before him.

Look, son, I have got umpteen young men out there who want to be Ole Miss Rebels, who want to a part of this family and team and want to win for this school and each other. It is a disservice to them to have to spend so much time coddling you and talking you back to the program. It's not fair to guys giving it their all, busting their ass in 2 a days in 90 degree weather wanting to get better while you sit over here with your lip pooched out pouting because you want to go home. I'll just ask you this: Do you want to be here? Do you want to be a member of this family? Do you want to be a student at the university of Mississippi? If you do, grab your gear and shag ass out there with the rest of the boys. If not, hit the door like your hair's on fire.

I don't have time for this. The team doesn't have time for this. The fans? The coaching staff, nobody has time for this, son. We all love ya, we all want you here. If we didn't, we wouldn't have recruited you. Take a few days, think over what you want, and get back to me. If you want to stay, we'll be ecstatic. If you don't, best of luck, son.

Stands up and walks out of office.

Edited by 1dawgfan09, 21 April 2014 - 11:10 AM.

Posted Image

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Pussy move
Posted Image

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 21 April 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

This is how I would put it to the kid, If I were Freeze (I am not sure if Freeze can have contact with the players in the summer, can he?) or his position coach:

I would sit him down across from me in my office, and I would just lay it before him.

Look, son, I have got umpteen young men out there who want to be Ole Miss Rebels, who want to a part of this family and team and want to win for this school and each other. It is a disservice to them to have to spend so much time coddling you and talking you back to the program. It's not fair to guys giving it their all, busting their ass in 2 a days in 90 degree weather wanting to get better while you sit over here with your lip pooched out pouting because you want to go home. I'll just ask you this: Do you want to be here? Do you want to be a member of this family? Do you want to be a student at the university of Mississippi? If you do, grab your gear and shag ass out there with the rest of the boys. If not, hit the door like your hair's on fire.

I don't have time for this. The team doesn't have time for this. The fans? The coaching staff, nobody has time for this, son. We all love ya, we all want you here. If we didn't, we wouldn't have recruited you. Take a few days, think over what you want, and get back to me. If you want to stay, we'll be ecstatic. If you don't, best of luck, son.

Stands up and walks out of office.
and have a player Nancy kerrigan his knee.

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostA10Rebel, on 21 April 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

I've heard a couple things: There's butthurt because of Tunsil, he has ailing grandparents, who apparently raised him; in which I case I get it, and/or he's homesick.

Okay then you can go play at Troy, imo.

Bingo. If Freeze lets this kid transfer anywhere else in the SEC West, he's a moron. Send him to Troy or UAB, South Alabama, not a rival school in the same division, dude.

Edited by 1dawgfan09, 21 April 2014 - 11:33 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users