Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

math isn't my strong suit but this just doesn't seem sustainable

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Full time year round non public sector employment in this country is 86,500,000 people. Another 16,600,000 work full time year round for the government (ie non producers). In the last census people in households receiving one or more forms of government assistants numbered 151,000,000 minus 3,500,000 that served in the armed forces leaves 147,500,000 people being supported by 86,500,000.

Does anyone think this can work long time?

Posted Image

BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

Merlinistic Point of View

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Obama does
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 16 April 2014 - 07:42 PM, said:

Full time year round non public sector employment in this country is 86,500,000 people. Another 16,600,000 work full time year round for the government (ie non producers). In the last census people in households receiving one or more forms of government assistants numbered 151,000,000 minus 3,500,000 that served in the armed forces leaves 147,500,000 people being supported by 86,500,000.

Math ain't your only shortcoming... assistance, term.
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

I AM AN OLE MISS REBEL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Nope.

It's a great deal like that stupid program that, that traitor to our country instituted years ago, called Quantitative Easing. Designed to fail from the beginning.

(10) Ole Miss Rebels  3-0  (1-0)

Posted Image

View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 30 August 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

bear$ are legit.
Formerly known as FCNDawg

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image
"It's all about a mindset at Alabama, either you buy into the program or you don't." - CJ Mosley

Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

You're right, your math sucks.

A few problems. First, both private and public sector employees pay taxes, so the number of workers contributing from those 2 groups is 103 million, not 86,500,000.

Second, does the 147,500,000 number include children who are too young to work, because there are 74 million children in this country. Many of those will be supported by their working family and many will be partially supported by both family and government, and some will depend on the government entirely.

Not enough information to reach any conclusions.
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bush did

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

LEGENDARY

The answer is to fire Rick Stansbury.
Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
You've forget all about the millions of illegal immigrants that Obama is trying to give amnesty that will surely be on the government dime.

Ooops! Let me be PC they're migrant workers, dreamers, etc.. not the gotdamn criminals they are illegals
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 16 April 2014 - 08:08 PM, said:

A few problems. First, both private and public sector employees pay taxes, so the number of workers contributing from those 2 groups is 103 million, not 86,500,000.

Second, does the 147,500,000 number include children who are too young to work, because there are 74 million children in this country. Many of those will be supported by their working family and many will be partially supported by both family and government, and some will depend on the government entirely.

Since public sector employees are paid via tax dollars it really hard to count them as contributors. Its like if you bought a hat for 1,000.00 you didn't have the money for but wanted to brag about saving 3.00 on it. Yes you got 3 bucks back but you spent 1,000.00 to get it.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 16 April 2014 - 08:08 PM, said:

Total population of this country is 317,000,000 plus an unknown number of illegal aliens plus the money the government ships out of country. So I would say the number is fairly conservative in its nature. Even if you remove the money spent overseas, the illegal aliens and put the number of kids helped at 40,000,000 the math is still unsustainable.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 16 April 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

Math ain't your only shortcoming... assistance, term.

I apologize for auto correct. And I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to discuss the actual topic. If I was in your demographic I wouldn't want to either.

Posted Image

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
No worries everyone, Hillary will fix it!!!
"It's all about a mindset at Alabama, either you buy into the program or you don't." - CJ Mosley

Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 17 April 2014 - 05:34 AM, said:

Since public sector employees are paid via tax dollars it really hard to count them as contributors. Its like if you bought a hat for 1,000.00 you didn't have the money for but wanted to brag about saving 3.00 on it. Yes you got 3 bucks back but you spent 1,000.00 to get it.

It doesn't matter that they're paid tax dollars because public sector employees are necessary in any government, and they've been a part of every government since the beginning of time. Omitting them is stupid and that attempt at logic worse.

View Postsmokeyone, on 17 April 2014 - 05:40 AM, said:

Total population of this country is 317,000,000 plus an unknown number of illegal aliens plus the money the government ships out of country. So I would say the number is fairly conservative in its nature. Even if you remove the money spent overseas, the illegal aliens and put the number of kids helped at 40,000,000 the math is still unsustainable.

You still don't have enough data to make that claim; you don't include a single dollar amount for any of the earners or any of the folks getting help. Just counting up people is, again, stupid, and doesn't confirm or refute anything... literally, it doesn't say anything at all.

Bipartisan accounting of entitlement fraud, in which folks are getting benefits that don't need or deserve them (not fraud in which doctors, hospitals, and clinics file false claims, which is a much larger problem) is repeatedly put at 1%.

1% of 147,500,000 people is about 1.5 million people that you could add to your workforce side if all fraud could be eliminated (not even feasible); except that you'd also need to subtract the number of children from that group.

View Postsmokeyone, on 17 April 2014 - 05:43 AM, said:

I apologize for auto correct. And I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to discuss the actual topic. If I was in your demographic I wouldn't want to either.

Auto-correct didn't make those mistakes; and you have no clue what my demographic is... surprised you even know what demographic means.
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 17 April 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

It doesn't matter that they're paid tax dollars because public sector employees are necessary in any government, and they've been a part of every government since the beginning of time. Omitting them is stupid and that attempt at logic worse.

You still don't have enough data to make that claim; you don't include a single dollar amount for any of the earners or any of the folks getting help. Just counting up people is, again, stupid, and doesn't confirm or refute anything... literally, it doesn't say anything at all.

Bipartisan accounting of entitlement fraud, in which folks are getting benefits that don't need or deserve them (not fraud in which doctors, hospitals, and clinics file false claims, which is a much larger problem) is repeatedly put at 1%.

1% of 147,500,000 people is about 1.5 million people that you could add to your workforce side if all fraud could be eliminated (not even feasible); except that you'd also need to subtract the number of children from that group.

Auto-correct didn't make those mistakes; and you have no clue what my demographic is... surprised you even know what demographic means.

Necessary or not doesn't change the fact that they are paid via tax dollars, meaning they are supported by those bringing in money from outside the tax dollar pool and are not self sustaining. Would you agree to that? It takes money from private sector jobs to sustain the government payroll.

There are only so many ways to slice the pie here. Would you agree that the overwhelming majority of public sector money comes from the full time, year round private sector wage earner? If so the ratio of private sector contributor to public sector taker is unsustainable. Tweaking the numbers a few million either way doesn't make it sustainable.

Auto correct does in fact "correct" words on my tablet/phone(finally gave in and got a smart phone) if I miss a touch screen letter or light touch.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users