Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics




Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived


New NCAA Football Uniforms-2014

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1
BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

    Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,406
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,216
A couple of schools have already rolled out their new looks for 2014.

Florida State-
http://www.cbssports...-state-uniforms

Miami-
http://nikeinc.com/n...for-2014-season

MSU-
http://college-footb...s-new-uniforms/

I think the U's helmets are pretty sharp.

Not sure why FSU changed. Im not a Noles fan, but they did have some of the best uniforms in college football.
WTF.gif

#2
UAdan

UAdan

    "They low-down, they dirty, they some snitches."

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    27,099
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    9,212
I like MSU's change. Love it when teams update their unis with a more 'simple' design. The white face masks and the vertical white stripe on the shoulder (as opposed to the horizontal stripe we've seen on their unis the last few years) reminds me a lot of the late 90s MSU uniforms...also the "Hail State" on the front of the jersey. Wish it said "Miss. State" instead but it at least looks the same.

When I was a kid watching SEC football, I always remember thinking MSU had the second coolest uniform look in the SEC (behind Bama, obviously) and I'm glad they're going back to something similar.

Although I read it's only for one game?

The only thing I really don't like is the weird oversized logo on the pants. But for some reason it seems less noticeable than if it were on the jerseys or helmets.

Edited by UAdan, 14 April 2014 - 03:48 PM.

Reporter: "38-0. Teams just don't do that in a playoff semifinal."


Jonathan Allen: "Alabama does."


#3
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Bo Knows

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    11,577
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,042

View PostUAdan, on 14 April 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

I like MSU's change. Love it when teams update their unis with a more 'simple' design. The white face masks and the vertical white stripe on the shoulder (as opposed to the horizontal stripe we've seen on their unis the last few years) reminds me a lot of the late 90s MSU uniforms...also the "Hail State" on the front of the jersey. Wish it said "Miss. State" instead but it at least looks the same.

When I was a kid watching SEC football, I always remember thinking MSU had the second coolest uniform look in the SEC (behind Bama, obviously) and I'm glad they're going back to something similar.

Although I read it's only for one game?

The only thing I really don't like is the weird oversized logo on the pants. But for some reason it seems less noticeable than if it were on the jerseys or helmets.
Only for one game.
Their regular uniforms still look like Posted Image.

View PostJoeGator, on 07 December 2015 - 02:41 PM, said:

I hate you.

#4
UAdan

UAdan

    "They low-down, they dirty, they some snitches."

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    27,099
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    9,212

View Postadfalcon, on 14 April 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

Only for one game.
Their regular uniforms still look like Posted Image.

Ahh...dammit... maroon matte helmets that look brownish-grey in the sunlight, and awkward black alternates....sigh...

Reporter: "38-0. Teams just don't do that in a playoff semifinal."


Jonathan Allen: "Alabama does."


#5
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Bo Knows

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    11,577
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,042

View PostUAdan, on 14 April 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

Ahh...dammit... maroon matte helmets that look brownish-grey in the sunlight, and awkward black alternates....sigh...
Not to mention their horrible gold Posted Image they always pull out for the egg bowl.
Posted Image
Posted Image

View PostJoeGator, on 07 December 2015 - 02:41 PM, said:

I hate you.

#6
UAdan

UAdan

    "They low-down, they dirty, they some snitches."

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    27,099
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    9,212
Maroon in matte looks so freaking stupid. Looks brown.

Reporter: "38-0. Teams just don't do that in a playoff semifinal."


Jonathan Allen: "Alabama does."


#7
possumslayer

possumslayer

    Orange & White Supremacist

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,690
  • Joined:
    Oct 2013
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    5,920
I wish colleges would do the old school unis like the NFL had been doing.

#8
BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

    Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,406
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,216
http://m.bleacherrep...for-2014-season

Dang Sooners finally got some alternates. I like the helmets, but hate the red pants.

Another gaff from Bleacher Report says OU will have "Oklahoma" on it's jerseys for the first time ever. OU had some jerseys in '96 that said Oklahoma instead of Sooners.
WTF.gif

#9
The Cowboy

The Cowboy

    Redshirt

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,452
  • Joined:
    Jul 2013
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    801
If Auburn never does anything else right, we got the uniform right.

#10
BoGator92

BoGator92

    Rookie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • Posts:
    41
  • Joined:
    Jul 2013
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    19
F$Who unis look like crap. MSU is meh
Posted Image

#11
BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

    Professional RebBear hater

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,384
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,637
Gotta love all the bears in this thread commenting on State. #obsessed
Posted Image

#12
DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,941
  • Joined:
    Jun 2014
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,945
Now everyone is getting grey alter unis.

#13
Gidnik

Gidnik

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,061
  • Joined:
    Aug 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,996
As long as they don't touch our white unis I'm good.
Posted Image

#14
ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

    OLE MISS BY DAMN!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,796
  • Joined:
    Aug 2010
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    9,737

View PostBulldawgFan, on 03 August 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

Gotta love all the bears in this thread commenting on State. #obsessed
TIL: One Ole Miss fan commenting on Mississippi A&M's new jerseys equals " all the bears".

Posted Image


In #TheNetwork We Trust


View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 28 November 2015 - 11:58 PM, said:

Give me Hugh freeze > Dan Mullen cuz it's the truth


"We in the US, above all, must remember that lesson, for we were founded as a nation of openness to people of all beliefs. And so we must remain. Our very unity has been strengthened by our pluralism. We establish no religion in this country, we command no worship, we mandate no belief, nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must always remain, separate. "  -President Ronald Wilson Reagan in 1984


Posted Image


#15
BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

    Professional RebBear hater

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,384
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,637

View PostForwardRebels, on 03 August 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

TIL: One Ole Miss fan commenting on Mississippi A&M's new jerseys equals " all the bears".


Posted Image





dammit I didn't realize both post's was adfalcon.

ok ok ok I got it #adfalconobsessed


better?
Posted Image