Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Global Warming Nonsense

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Former NASA Scientist: Global Warming Is 'Nonsense'

From Newsmax.com:

A prominent scientist and former NASA researcher has added his voice to those who challenge the "scientific fact" that manmade carbon emissions are causing global warming.
Dr. Leslie Woodcock is a professor emeritus of chemical thermodynamics at the University of Manchester in England, with a Ph.D. from the University of London, and served as a senior research consultant at the Wright-Patterson Air Force Laboratory in Ohio.
In an interview with Britain's Yorkshire Evening Post, Woodcock declared: "The theory of 'manmade climate change' is an unsubstantiated hypothesis.
"The theory is that CO2 emitted by burning fossil fuel causes 'global warming.' In fact, water is a much more powerful greenhouse gas and there is 20 times more of it in our atmosphere [than carbon dioxide].
"Carbon dioxide has been made out to be some kind of toxic gas but the truth is it's the gas of life. We breathe it out, plants breathe it in. The green lobby has created a do-good industry and it becomes a way of life, like a religion. I understand why people defend it when they have spent so long believing in it."
Woodcock is also a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry, a founding editor of the journal Molecular Simulation, a recipient of a Max Planck Society Visiting Fellowship, and a former guest scientist at the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology.
He went on to say: "If you talk to real scientists who have no political interest, they will tell you there is nothing in global warming. It's an industry which creates vast amounts of money for some people.
"The temperature of the earth has been going up and down for millions of years. If there are extremes, it's nothing to do with carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, it's not permanent and it's not caused by us. Global warming is nonsense.
"It's become almost an industry, as a consequence of this professional misconduct by government advisers around the world."
But he added: "You can't blame ordinary people with little or no science education for wanting to be seen to be good citizens who care about their grandchildren's future and the environment."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yea... Newsmax has been caught straight up lying several times. Great source.

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWadeWilson, on 14 April 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

Cows, my man.  Methane gas producers extraordinaire!

http://abcnews.go.co...tory?id=2723201

Posted Image

Posted Image

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Global warming is real... but not a big deal:

http://wattsupwithth...t-a-big-deal-2/

Posted Image

Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
As long as I can't actually see the air I'm breathing,smog etc,then I'm not too concerned about the climate's ability to change over time.Seems like it's done this my whole life.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWadeWilson, on 14 April 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

Beat me to it; those guys are bat-Posted Image crazy. As for the topic, the term global warming went out years ago because of people's misunderstanding of the term.

But the current climate changes and future consequences are unprecedented; and unfortunately early estimates and predictions are beginning to look like they were extremely optimistic... things are happening much faster than anticipated.

Saw another special on the polar ice caps melting, with a scientist who's been taking the measurements and keeping the records for years, and it was rather eye-opening.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It was 80* here today. It is supposed to hit 27* tonight. Warming you say?
Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 14 April 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

It was 80* here today. It is supposed to hit 27* tonight. Warming you say?

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 14 April 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

Beat me to it; those guys are bat-Posted Image crazy. As for the topic, the term global warming went out years ago because of people's misunderstanding of the term.

But the current climate changes and future consequences are unprecedented; and unfortunately early estimates and predictions are beginning to look like they were extremely optimistic... things are happening much faster than anticipated.

Saw another special on the polar ice caps melting, with a scientist who's been taking the measurements and keeping the records for years, and it was rather eye-opening.
And there's a perfect example of someone misinterpreting the term of global warming, GU.
#4 Ole Miss Rebels: 7-1(4-1)
BEAT AUBURN
Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 14 April 2014 - 04:44 PM, said:

And there's a perfect example of someone misinterpreting the term of global warming, GU.

What's a perfect example of it?
Posted ImagePosted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 14 April 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

What's a perfect example of it?
I quoted PT saying that it was getting cold tonight, thus calling Global Warming BS.
It's more Climate Change, meaning that extreme temperatures is actually confirming the theory rather than disproving it.

Edited by adfalcon, 14 April 2014 - 04:50 PM.

BEAT AUBURN
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 14 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I quoted PT saying that it was getting cold tonight, thus calling Global Warming BS.
It's more Climate Change, meaning that extreme temperatures is actually confirming the theory rather than disprove it.

:lol: Oh, yeah, I missed the PT quote. Exactly, erratic extremes and temps out of season are the effects; not just overall warming.
Posted ImagePosted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 14 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

It's more Climate Change, meaning that extreme temperatures is actually confirming the theory rather than disproving it.
The climate always changes.  The term global warming fell out of use because its bullPosted Image.  We just had the worst winter ever here.  If you want to say the weather is acting like a crazy ex girlfriend, then call it that.  Don't call it global warming and then get saucy when I point out it hasn't been warmer at all, call it crazy ass weather and that you think it has to do with pollution.  At least that would be accurate.
Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 14 April 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

The climate always changes.  The term global warming fell out of use because its bullPosted Image.  We just had the worst winter ever here.  If you want to say the weather is acting like a crazy ex girlfriend, then call it that.  Don't call it global warming and then get saucy when I point out it hasn't been warmer at all, call it crazy ass weather and that you think it has to do with pollution.  At least that would be accurate.
That's why I think the term global warming is inaccurate, and stupid, because while it can be warming, it is more bipolar.
Whoever decided to use that term instead of simply climate change to address the public really wasn't thinking.
BEAT AUBURN
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 14 April 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

That's why I think the term global warming is inaccurate, and stupid, because while it can be warming, it is more bipolar.
Whoever decided to use that term instead of simply climate change to address the public really wasn't thinking.
Nope,  so I will continue to make fun of it.
Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
There are several events that could restore our glaziers and ice caps and I pray they don't happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users