Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

New Uniforms but Why?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

Dak>Bo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://collegespun.c...rms-have-leaked

What was the point?
Posted Image

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take it as it comes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think it's silly to create new uniforms so often. It is a way to spend money needlessly, imo. Maybe it gives some of the players the feeling of a fresh start on the field. I don't know, but I don't care much for the idea. You rather lose your identity when you play around too much with the uni's, imo.
Posted Image

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSheLuvsBama, on 09 April 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

I think it's silly to create new uniforms so often. It is a way to spend money needlessly, imo. Maybe it gives some of the players the feeling of a fresh start on the field. I don't know, but I don't care much for the idea. You rather lose your identity when you play around too much with the uni's, imo.

I agree for the most part. I like our new uniforms but if they changed that Posted Image again I'd be salty about it. Okay I get it, update your uniforms, Oregon just goes into a computer program, plays with the coloring wheel, hits submit and that's what they're wearing on Saturday. Nevermind if it's not yellow and green.

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take it as it comes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostA10Rebel, on 09 April 2014 - 10:25 AM, said:

I agree for the most part. I like our new uniforms but if they changed that Posted Image again I'd be salty about it. Okay I get it, update your uniforms, Oregon just goes into a computer program, plays with the coloring wheel, hits submit and that's what they're wearing on Saturday. Nevermind if it's not yellow and green.

Yep. I HATE that. Develop an identity. Don't make people say "Who IS that?" when you come out on the field. It is almost like playing someone else instead of who you were expecting. :lol:
Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSheLuvsBama, on 09 April 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

Yep. I HATE that. Develop an identity. Don't make people say "Who IS that?" when you come out on the field. It is almost like playing someone else instead of who you were expecting. :lol:

But we have NO identity. That's the problem. Bama has won multiple conference championships and national championships in the same unis. There's tradition there. State has not. That's why changing uniforms doesn't bother me.
I'm certain the national media is relieved. They can kiss State's ass and go back to the old "Ole Miss is Waycist" narrative. Meanwhile I hope Gameday has fun in Morgantown. Look out for burning couches!

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
And that uniform is legit up next to the crap we have been wearing.
I'm certain the national media is relieved. They can kiss State's ass and go back to the old "Ole Miss is Waycist" narrative. Meanwhile I hope Gameday has fun in Morgantown. Look out for burning couches!

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take it as it comes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 09 April 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

But we have NO identity. That's the problem. Bama has won multiple conference championships and national championships in the same unis. There's tradition there. State has not. That's why changing uniforms doesn't bother me.

Yes, you do. You just THINK you don't have an identity.  You are paying too much attention to what other teams are known for. The longer you keep the same uniform the better. How can you develop an identity with so many changes? Get one that defines your team and stick with it. I have always liked the Miss. St. uniforms. I think they look good.
Posted Image

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 09 April 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

And that uniform is legit up next to the crap we have been wearing.

the thick, solid, white bar with the ribbon tapering looked like Posted Image. On the helmet and the shoulders. Don't ever bring that Posted Image back. I hope someone lost their job over that design.

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

United We Stand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Why, "Hail State"?  I know it is a slogan, but if someone who doesn't know Miss St. football sees that they may be asking themselves, "Who is Hail State?"

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Doesn't MSU change their unis every year or nearly every year?  Pick a nice looking scheme and stick with it, geeze.
Posted Image

BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

Dak>Bo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSheLuvsBama, on 09 April 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

Yes, you do. You just THINK you don't have an identity.  You are paying too much attention to what other teams are known for. The longer you keep the same uniform the better. How can you develop an identity with so many changes? Get one that defines your team and stick with it. I have always liked the Miss. St. uniforms. I think they look good.

Remeber the 98-99 MSU interlocking logo helmets and uniforms. That's what we need to bring back. Thats an identity that to me reminds me of great defenses and pound and ground offenses. Kinda like what we are trying to do now.
Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBulldawgFan, on 09 April 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

Remeber the 98-99 MSU interlocking logo helmets and uniforms. That's what we need to bring back. Thats an identity that to me reminds me of great defenses and pound and ground offenses. Kinda like what we are trying to do now.

Nike owns that design.

BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

Dak>Bo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 09 April 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

Nike owns that design.

Legal issues aside does my logic make sense?
Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBulldawgFan, on 09 April 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

Legal issues aside does my logic make sense?

Yeah. I love that uniform. I am just telling you why we don't have it anymore, and it won't be brought back.

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I wish those were our permanent uniforms, sans the "Hail State".  Just say "State" and we'd be golden.  Too bad our creative design team and adidas could eff up a wet dream.

FIRE EVERYONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users