Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

like desperadoes waiting for a train, and its still April.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 13 April 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

until gurley actually plays against an opposing sec defense, no one really knows how healed up he truly is. bobo had an excellent qb to work with which masked a lot of problems. hes still a horrible coach. until we see Pruitt coach for a season, its impossible to know if hes an upgrade or not.
well youd be alone in that aspect!

Gurley wasnt 100% when he played SC last year. Didnt matter.

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'll put it this way.... UGA has its question marks for sure. But a stronger argument for winning the East could not be made for another school that I am aware of. Wouldn't be surprised if SC won it or UF but they have just as many ?s as we do, UF has more. And Tennessee? LOL, not unless I'm in the womens basketball forum by mistake

Edited by GatorHater24, 13 April 2014 - 09:15 PM.

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 13 April 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

He played full contact in practice as well as in spring game where he did very well

He's a proven commodity at the college level
practice and the spring game? youre kidding right? you do realize that players from the same team don't go full speed at each other so they don't get injured right? Pruitt is proven at 1 team full of talent, not exactly the same situation in Georgia...

View PostDJSdawg, on 13 April 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

Gurley wasnt 100% when he played SC last year. Didnt matter.
umm, aren't you forgetting about aaron murray, seeing as how hes the one that won the game for you!

View PostGatorHater24, on 13 April 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

I'll put it this way.... UGA has its question marks for sure. But a stronger argument for winning the East could not be made for another school that I am aware of. Wouldn't be surprised if SC won it or UF but they have just as many ?s as we do, UF has more. And Tennessee? LOL, not unless I'm in the womens basketball forum by mistake
wow, just wow...you need to take off the red shades!
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 13 April 2014 - 09:26 PM, said:

practice and the spring game? youre kidding right? you do realize that players from the same team don't go full speed at each other so they don't get injured right? Pruitt is proven at 1 team full of talent, not exactly the same situation in Georgia...
umm, aren't you forgetting about aaron murray, seeing as how hes the one that won the game for you!

Rolled ankles, which was his main problem in 2013, can happen in no contact drills going half speed.
We werent talking about QB's, so thats why I didnt mention the QB's who both left our respective teams.
SC is the only team that can make a similar argument for winning the east, but I think your holes are bigger than ours.

Edited by DJSdawg, 13 April 2014 - 09:30 PM.

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 13 April 2014 - 09:26 PM, said:

1. He's not injured as he played full speed, how many times do I need to say that?
2. We aren't SC.... we tend to recruit well year in year out
3. I'm waiting on an argument in favor of another, I'd honestly like to know. Again, SC has a strong argument but just as many Qs. Including losing the best QB they've ever had and the best player to ever wear a gamecock uni among several others

Edited by GatorHater24, 13 April 2014 - 09:32 PM.

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 13 April 2014 - 09:29 PM, said:

Rolled ankles, which was his main problem in 2013, can happen in no contact drills going half speed.
We werent talking about QB's, so thats why I didnt mention the QB's who both left our respective teams.
SC is the only team that can make a similar argument for winning the east, but I think your holes are bigger than ours.
wow, we lose stars like shaw and clowney, but have solid depth for about the first time in our history at all position, yet our holes are bigger than a team missing its 5th year sr qb, most of the oline, a hobbled rb, broken receivers, and a horrible returning defense!
Go Cocks!!!

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 13 April 2014 - 09:30 PM, said:

1. He's not injured as he played full speed, how many times do I need to say that?
2. We aren't SC.... we tend to recruit well year in year out
3. I'm waiting on an argument in favor of another, I'd honestly like to know. Again, SC has a strong argument but just as many Qs. Including losing the best QB they've ever had and the best player to ever wear a gamecock uni among several others
look at my response to @DJSdawg
Go Cocks!!!

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 13 April 2014 - 09:35 PM, said:

look at my response to @DJSdawg

Looked at it. You neglected to mention players in your so called "depth" and pretended like those were the sole players you lost. Then you made a few false accusations regarding Gurley (who is healthy), WRs (who are healthy, one with a stellar catch on Saturday).

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 13 April 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

Was it Bennett? Conley?
Those were our top two receivers.

Maybe you should have kept reading

I said most talented, not closest to having played a complete season so had better numbers.

Maybe you should try having an adult read it to you

Posted Image

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 13 April 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:

I said most talented, not closest to having played a complete season so had better numbers.

Maybe you should try having an adult read it to you

Well then, thats opinion now isn't it? You want me to look up what that means for you?

But if I'm hearing you right, our most talented receiver didn't even play last year and will be ready to go by summer practice. Guess things are looking up

Edited by GatorHater24, 13 April 2014 - 09:52 PM.

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 13 April 2014 - 09:39 PM, said:

Looked at it. You neglected to mention players in your so called "depth" and pretended like those were the sole players you lost. Then you made a few false accusations regarding Gurley (who is healthy), WRs (who are healthy, one with a stellar catch on Saturday).
we lose shaw, ellington, and patrick on offense, and we lose clowney, quarrels, sutton, hampton, and legree on defense.  dylan thompson has proven to be a reliable player against ranked division 1 teams. we lose ellington but we have a boatload of wr and te talent to fill the gap.  we lose a single offensive lineman to be replaced by one with some experience and lots of talent, plus we have four returning starters. we lose our ends in clowney and Sutton, and quarrels at tackle, but the players behind them have talent and experience. we return a very good linebacker corp that grew up on the field last season.  my only question is in the secondary where weve recruited well, but it will be young.  however, with a good set of linebackers we should be ok.  and while you can claim that gurley and your receivers are 100%, no one knows how good they will be until they face an opposing sec defense. PERIOD!
Go Cocks!!!

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 13 April 2014 - 09:34 PM, said:

wow, we lose stars like shaw and clowney, but have solid depth for about the first time in our history at all position, yet our holes are bigger than a team missing its 5th year sr qb, most of the oline, a hobbled rb, broken receivers, and a horrible returning defense!

Its sad that the best smokeyone can do in a FB discussion is high five someone else willing to discuss FB:

SC has the same 5th year SR QB hole at QB that UGA does.
Gurley and Davis are equals. I dont think either are hobbled right now.
SC lost their #1 WR, UGA didnt.
SC's #1 TE is hurt just like UGA's is.
UGA lost 3 of its 6 main contributers including 2 OG's that lack talent worth bringing up.
Tell me about your solid depth at DE and CB.

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 13 April 2014 - 10:01 PM, said:

we lose shaw, ellington, and patrick on offense, and we lose clowney, quarrels, sutton, hampton, and legree on defense.  dylan thompson has proven to be a reliable player against ranked division 1 teams. we lose ellington but we have a boatload of wr and te talent to fill the gap.  we lose a single offensive lineman to be replaced by one with some experience and lots of talent, plus we have four returning starters. we lose our ends in clowney and Sutton, and quarrels at tackle, but the players behind them have talent and experience. we return a very good linebacker corp that grew up on the field last season. my only question is in the secondary where weve recruited well, but it will be young.  however, with a good set of linebackers we should be ok.  and while you can claim that gurley and your receivers are 100%, no one knows how good they will be until they face an opposing sec defense. PERIOD!

And you can claim your back-up are just as good as the guys leaving?

If you are injured you do not play full contact, full speed practice. Get it?

You do realize that the equivalent of what you said about your depth and experience would be me assuming that Mason will be as good as Murray? I mean after all he's been here for like 4 years and has had actual game experience. That'd be a ridiculous claim

Edited by GatorHater24, 13 April 2014 - 10:09 PM.

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 13 April 2014 - 10:04 PM, said:

Its sad that the best smokeyone can do in a FB discussion is high five someone else willing to discuss FB:

SC has the same 5th year SR QB hole at QB that UGA does.
Gurley and Davis are equals. I dont think either are hobbled right now.
SC lost their #1 WR, UGA didnt.
SC's #1 TE is hurt just like UGA's is.
UGA lost 3 of its 6 main contributers including 2 OG's that lack talent worth bringing up.
Tell me about your solid depth at DE and CB.
Dylan has way more playing time than youre backup, so its not the same situation.  davis didn't suffer the same or even a similar injury last season, so while they may be similar in talent, they aren't equal.the problem with losing #1 isn't a problem if you have depth.  we moved from alshon, to ace, to ellington without missing a beat, so I expect that trend to continue with the most likely candidates being byrd, roland, or jones.  while Anderson is hurt, jerrell adams is just as good.  we do have depth at defensive end and cornerback, but it will be young, especially at cb.  however, we have a solid group of linebackers that should be the focal point of the defense!
Go Cocks!!!

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 13 April 2014 - 10:06 PM, said:

And you can claim your back-up are just as good as the guys leaving?

If you are injured you do not play full contact, full speed practice. Get it?

You do realize that the equivalent of what you said about your depth and experience would be me assuming that Mason will be as good as Murray? I mean after all he's been here for like 4 years and has had actual game experience. That'd be a ridiculous claim
shaw will be missed, but Dylan is a very reliable player.  as far as ellington, he was another in a line of good receivers.  we moved from rice, to alshon to ace to ellington without missing a beat, and I expect the same to come from either byrd, roland, or jones. ITS STILL PRACTICE.  to make the claim that mason will be as good as murray is ridiculous but not for the reasons you gave.
Go Cocks!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users