Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

like desperadoes waiting for a train, and its still April.

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#16
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,385
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    171

View Postsmokeyone, on 09 April 2014 - 08:32 AM, said:

UGA (really? No QB, no OLine, broken WRS, new DC and system, same Hobo and CMR, Gurley may or may not be 100% the list literally goes on and on)

For all the questions...........

Maybe we do have a QB.
Maybe our OL will be good.
Maybe our WR's will be better than they were last year.
Maybe a new DC is a good thing.
Maybe Bobo is a good OC.
Maybe Gurley is 100%.
Posted Image

#17
chunkybeefstu

chunkybeefstu
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,151
  • Age:
    33
  • Joined:
    Nov 2011
  • Location:
    Fairfax, MO
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,486

View PostDJSdawg, on 10 April 2014 - 11:07 PM, said:

For all the questions...........

Maybe we do have a QB.
Maybe our OL will be good.
Maybe our WR's will be better than they were last year.
Maybe a new DC is a good thing.
Maybe Bobo is a good OC.
Maybe Gurley is 100%.

And maybe if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their asses when they hop....
GO TIGERS!

Posted Image

#18
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,129
  • Age:
    39
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,699

View PostDJSdawg, on 10 April 2014 - 11:07 PM, said:

For all the questions...........

Maybe we do have a QB.
Maybe our OL will be good.
Maybe our WR's will be better than they were last year.
Maybe a new DC is a good thing.
Maybe Bobo is a good OC.
Maybe Gurley is 100%.

Maybe a hot red head will trip and fall and end up with my penis in her mouth.

Posted Image


#19
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,385
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    171

View Postsmokeyone, on 11 April 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:



Maybe a hot red head will trip and fall and end up with my penis in her mouth.

Even when you act like you want to talk fb you can't do it.
Posted Image

#20
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,129
  • Age:
    39
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,699

View PostDJSdawg, on 11 April 2014 - 08:15 AM, said:

Even when you act like you want to talk fb you can't do it.

OK, fair enough. I didn't take your post seriously.

Maybe y'all do have a QB. Sure you do have multiple schollied guys that are listed on your roster that are listed as a QB. The only one to take a college snap last year looked below average, didn't help the OLine (sacked 10 times in 2 games against teams not known for their pass rush) and really didn't look ready to be on the field. But that's pretty consistent with UGA under CMR. I think DJ Shockley was the last guy that looked ready to start when called upon. The rest were not given meaningful snaps in the regular season in an attempt to prep for the next season. Its a pretty common theme with him at most positions.

UGA hasn't had a good OLine in a long time. They have looked better at times with better QBs that understood their limitations and could scramble and were comfortable enough with the O to make things happen while on the move. Combine a below average OLine with a QB that is not comfortable enough to keep his head up looking down field while running for his life and it just doesn't bode well. The two together usually make both the QB and OLine look worse than they really are. When they start out below average this gets magnified even more.

History and especially recent history just isn't on your side. Your most talented guy is already injured again and the rest are just not talented enough to overcome a bad OLine and an average QB and the ongoing history of injuries (outdated S&C program doesn't help).

Maybe in a few years if he is still there. But at this point he will need to spend time getting guys to line up correctly and get a D called before the ball is snapped. With the trend moving towards the no huddle and hurry up this will be a challenge that is magnifies by the fact UGA is spending time on basics and asking its guys to think too much. A problem they could never solve under CTG.

No, sorry but this one is proveablely wrong. Talent and a 5th year SR at QB and an NFL caliber RB in Gurley have blinded some to the reality that Hobo is a sub par OC that the average fan can read presnap and lacks imagination and innovation.

UGA better hope he is and the 2 freshman can play. A great running game can cover many if not most other issues on a college team. Gurley at 100% and motivated with a freshman as a competent reserve can put UGA in a position they just flat out have no business being. If Gurley is not 100% and motivated I doubt they win 7 games this year and might not win 6.

Posted Image


#21
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,385
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    171

View Postsmokeyone, on 11 April 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

OK, fair enough. I didn't take your post seriously.

Maybe y'all do have a QB. Sure you do have multiple schollied guys that are listed on your roster that are listed as a QB. The only one to take a college snap last year looked below average, didn't help the OLine (sacked 10 times in 2 games against teams not known for their pass rush) and really didn't look ready to be on the field. But that's pretty consistent with UGA under CMR. I think DJ Shockley was the last guy that looked ready to start when called upon. The rest were not given meaningful snaps in the regular season in an attempt to prep for the next season. Its a pretty common theme with him at most positions.

UGA hasn't had a good OLine in a long time. They have looked better at times with better QBs that understood their limitations and could scramble and were comfortable enough with the O to make things happen while on the move. Combine a below average OLine with a QB that is not comfortable enough to keep his head up looking down field while running for his life and it just doesn't bode well. The two together usually make both the QB and OLine look worse than they really are. When they start out below average this gets magnified even more.

History and especially recent history just isn't on your side. Your most talented guy is already injured again and the rest are just not talented enough to overcome a bad OLine and an average QB and the ongoing history of injuries (outdated S&C program doesn't help).

Maybe in a few years if he is still there. But at this point he will need to spend time getting guys to line up correctly and get a D called before the ball is snapped. With the trend moving towards the no huddle and hurry up this will be a challenge that is magnifies by the fact UGA is spending time on basics and asking its guys to think too much. A problem they could never solve under CTG.

No, sorry but this one is proveablely wrong. Talent and a 5th year SR at QB and an NFL caliber RB in Gurley have blinded some to the reality that Hobo is a sub par OC that the average fan can read presnap and lacks imagination and innovation.

UGA better hope he is and the 2 freshman can play. A great running game can cover many if not most other issues on a college team. Gurley at 100% and motivated with a freshman as a competent reserve can put UGA in a position they just flat out have no business being. If Gurley is not 100% and motivated I doubt they win 7 games this year and might not win 6.

QB: Below average might make him one of the best QB's in the SEC.
OL: Our OL is usually an average SEC one. I wouldnt exact any different.
WR: Even if the injuries are as bad as 2013, which is worst case scenario, we should be in better position to deal with it this year.
S&C: You know better than to claim its outdated after the links I provided to new staff earlier.
DC: Our D improved a lot the last time we had a new DC, and that was with going from 4-3 to a difficult 3-4 scheme, and no such transition is going to take place this time around.
OC: Talent makes a coach look better than no talent?! NO one would have ever guessed.
RB: He appears to be healthy now, and the 2 new guys are upgrades over our 2013 replacement RB's.
6-7 wins: So in reality we should expect 9-10 wins, since you always go worst case scenario with UGA.
Posted Image

#22
MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,872
  • Age:
    39
  • Joined:
    May 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    459

View PostDJSdawg, on 10 April 2014 - 11:07 PM, said:

For all the questions...........

Maybe we do have a QB.
Maybe our OL will be good.
Maybe our WR's will be better than they were last year.
Maybe a new DC is a good thing.
Maybe Bobo is a good OC.
Maybe Gurley is 100%.
and maybe dog fans will stick around this season on sectalk after they lose a couple games, forgoing any hope of a championship game...
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

#23
GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,574
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Jan 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,302

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 13 April 2014 - 08:37 PM, said:

and maybe dog fans will stick around this season on sectalk after they lose a couple games, forgoing any hope of a championship game...

who you talking about exactly?

#24
MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,872
  • Age:
    39
  • Joined:
    May 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    459

View PostGatorHater24, on 13 April 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

who you talking about exactly?
hmmmmm, I wonder...
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

#25
GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,574
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Jan 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,302
Lots of assumptions in this thread

Our receivers are healthy NOW, thats what matters. No one can predict injuries (unless you are smokeyone)

Gurley is healthy NOW and so are the stable of RBs waiting behind him

Bobo was assistant coach of the year

Pruitt over Grantham is an upgrade and they run similar systems


^ all facts, whatcha got?

#26
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,385
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    171

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 13 April 2014 - 08:37 PM, said:

and maybe dog fans will stick around this season on sectalk after they lose a couple games, forgoing any hope of a championship game...

I didnt start posting on this board until we lost a couple of games.
Posted Image

#27
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,129
  • Age:
    39
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,699

View PostGatorHater24, on 13 April 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

Lots of assumptions in this thread

Our receivers are healthy NOW, thats what matters. No one can predict injuries (unless you are smokeyone)

Gurley is healthy NOW and so are the stable of RBs waiting behind him

Bobo was assistant coach of the year

Pruitt over Grantham is an upgrade and they run similar systems


^ all facts, whatcha got?

I stopped after the first one. Your most talented WR was already injured in spring ball.

Posted Image


#28
GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,574
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Jan 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,302

View Postsmokeyone, on 13 April 2014 - 08:58 PM, said:

I stopped after the first one. Your most talented WR was already injured in spring ball.

Was it Bennett? Conley?
Those were our top two receivers.

Maybe you should have kept reading

Edited by GatorHater24, 13 April 2014 - 09:05 PM.


#29
MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,872
  • Age:
    39
  • Joined:
    May 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    459

View PostGatorHater24, on 13 April 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

Lots of assumptions in this thread

Our receivers are healthy NOW, thats what matters. No one can predict injuries (unless you are smokeyone)

Gurley is healthy NOW and so are the stable of RBs waiting behind him

Bobo was assistant coach of the year

Pruitt over Grantham is an upgrade and they run similar systems


^ all facts, whatcha got?
until gurley actually plays against an opposing sec defense, no one really knows how healed up he truly is. bobo had an excellent qb to work with which masked a lot of problems. hes still a horrible coach. until we see Pruitt coach for a season, its impossible to know if hes an upgrade or not.

View PostDJSdawg, on 13 April 2014 - 08:56 PM, said:

I didnt start posting on this board until we lost a couple of games.
well youd be alone in that aspect!
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

#30
GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,574
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Jan 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,302

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 13 April 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

until gurley actually plays against an opposing sec defense, no one really knows how healed up he truly is. bobo had an excellent qb to work with which masked a lot of problems. hes still a horrible coach. until we see Pruitt coach for a season, its impossible to know if hes an upgrade or not.
well youd be alone in that aspect!

He played full contact in practice as well as in spring game where he did very well

He's a proven commodity at the college level






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users