like desperadoes waiting for a train, and its still April. - Page 10 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 10

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Latest Topics



Latest News

Top Bettors


Top High Fived



like desperadoes waiting for a train, and its still April.

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#136
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,218
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    158

View Postsmokeyone, on 27 April 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

Was that the first or only game Gurley was not 100% for? Check the box scores before and after the game and average Gurleys carries, then compare it to the same 6 game span ( 3 games before and 2 games after). Gurley was missing time before and after the UT game. He wasn't expected to play in the UT game. And if you equipment guy wasn't full blown stupid putting the wrong cleats on Marshal and the WRs you game plan is as expected in the game. So if you want to talk variables, talk about your incompetent equipment guy not Gurley being out.

Irrelevant question on a game by game basis. If you want to use a box score to prove a point, you need to learn how to analyze one to provide the facts. Proving nothing as you did is extremely weak support for whatever silly point about gurley you are trying to make.

Edited by DJSdawg, 27 April 2014 - 08:51 PM.


#137
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,761
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,546

View PostHail2TheTide, on 27 April 2014 - 08:02 PM, said:

On the subject of Gurley... WHEN IS RICHT GONNA USE A SPLIT BACK SET WITH MARHALL AND GURLEY

Never

Posted Image


#138
Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,774
  • Age:
    53
  • Joined:
    Jan 2014
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    817

View Postsmokeyone, on 28 April 2014 - 07:49 AM, said:



Never

Dumb.
"It's all about a mindset at Alabama, either you buy into the program or you don't." - CJ Mosley


Posted Image

#139
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,761
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,546

View PostDJSdawg, on 27 April 2014 - 08:06 PM, said:

Irrelevant question on a game by game basis. If you want to use a box score to prove a point, you need to learn how to analyze one to provide the facts. Proving nothing as you did is extremely weak support for whatever silly point about gurley you are trying to make.

So the fact Gurley was already sitting out games and not part of the game plan is irrelevant to the fact he did not play the UT game? Dude stick to box scores and someone else's opinion. You are out of your league when discussing football.

Posted Image


#140
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,761
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,546

View PostHail2TheTide, on 28 April 2014 - 07:52 AM, said:

Dumb.

CMR uses a two back set with a fullback as a lead blocker. Neither Gurley or Marshall are going to consistently lead block. And the 8 bit Nintendo football playbook Bobo calls plays out of doesn't have anything like a split back set.

Posted Image


#141
Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,265
  • Age:
    25
  • Joined:
    Nov 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,668

View Postsmokeyone, on 09 April 2014 - 08:32 AM, said:

We launch a new SEC network this year so we can finally watch Vandy and UK play on TV.

Posted Image

Posted Image


#142
PuddingTime

PuddingTime

    Stoops Does Work

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    39,715
  • Age:
    30
  • Joined:
    Oct 2006
  • Location:
    Lexington, KY
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    9,661

View PostTitans4Vols, on 28 April 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:



Posted Image
Y'all keep on the same path and you'll be holding down the basement
Posted Image

#143
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,218
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    158

View Postsmokeyone, on 28 April 2014 - 07:53 AM, said:



So the fact Gurley was already sitting out games and not part of the game plan is irrelevant to the fact he did not play the UT game? Dude stick to box scores and someone else's opinion. You are out of your league when discussing football.

1. Gurley missing the ut game is what's relevant to the ut game. Missing mizzou and vandy afterwards doesn't make that any less significant of a variable for the ut game.
2. You are the one that just tried to prove a point about gurley using box scores, but you failed big time. That's a sign of being out of your league, and so is constantly ridiculing real facts.

#144
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,218
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    158

View Postsmokeyone, on 28 April 2014 - 07:57 AM, said:



CMR uses a two back set with a fullback as a lead blocker. Neither Gurley or Marshall are going to consistently lead block. And the 8 bit Nintendo football playbook Bobo calls plays out of doesn't have anything like a split back set.

"Nobody throws the ball down the field in college football, that I've studied, better than Georgia." - Jon Gruden



#145
Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,265
  • Age:
    25
  • Joined:
    Nov 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,668

View PostPuddingTime, on 28 April 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

Y'all keep on the same path and you'll be holding down the basement

One top 5 recruiting class already, working on a 2nd one, and Butch Jones coached along par/if not out coached both Steve Spurrier and Mark Richt last year. I'd say he definitely out-coached Spurrier.

We'll have another mediocre season this year, but after that I think we're headed for good seasons.

Posted Image


#146
Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,265
  • Age:
    25
  • Joined:
    Nov 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,668

View PostDJSdawg, on 28 April 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

"Nobody throws the ball down the field in college football, that I've studied, better than Georgia." - Jon Gruden

"Don't ever throw the Venus on the Spider 3 Y Banana" - Jon Gruden

Posted Image


#147
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,761
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,546

View PostDJSdawg, on 28 April 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

1. Gurley missing the ut game is what's relevant to the ut game. Missing mizzou and vandy afterwards doesn't make that any less significant of a variable for the ut game.
2. You are the one that just tried to prove a point about gurley using box scores, but you failed big time. That's a sign of being out of your league, and so is constantly ridiculing real facts.

So the fact Payton Manning wasn't the QB in the UGA game for UT last year is relevant to that game? Because neither was suited up or going to play in the game and both sides knew it. Both sides had a game plan that didn't include them as part of the plan. If you really want to chase this rabbit put Marshall in place of Gurley, at least he was expected to play that day.

Posted Image


#148
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,761
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,546

View PostDJSdawg, on 28 April 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

"Nobody throws the ball down the field in college football, that I've studied, better than Georgia." - Jon Gruden

Yes UGA uses a vertical passing game, 5 of the 8 passing plays in the 8 bit Nintendo football game are post type routes or fly patterns. The other 3 plays are screens. Coincidence? I think not.

Posted Image


#149
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,218
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    158

View Postsmokeyone, on 28 April 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:


So the fact Payton Manning wasn't the QB in the UGA game for UT last year is relevant to that game? Because neither was suited up or going to play in the game and both sides knew it. Both sides had a game plan that didn't include them as part of the plan. If you really want to chase this rabbit put Marshall in place of Gurley, at least he was expected to play that day.

If manning was an integral player on the 2013 vol team, you have a point, but of course he wasn't, so it isn't. It's now beyond obvious why you should stick to your xbox commentary. It's really all you got besides some really illogical opinions.

#150
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,761
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,546

View PostDJSdawg, on 28 April 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

If manning was an integral player on the 2013 vol team, you have a point, but of course he wasn't, so it isn't. It's now beyond obvious why you should stick to your xbox commentary. It's really all you got besides some really illogical opinions.

Gurley was injured in game one of the 2013 season and was playing injured in the handful of games he was in all season. If UGA wasn't able to game plan around him being out with weeks to do so then they need to be gone. He was not expected to play in the UT game for weeks leading up to the UT game. If you really want to hold up an RB that was expected to be a part of that game but went out quickly and actually had an effect on the game blame your sorry ass equipment manger that cost you Marshall in that game.

Posted Image







0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users