Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

like desperadoes waiting for a train, and its still April.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
So here I sit, my Vols have ugly questions at QB and OT and some not so ugly questions all over the field. The O&W game is coming up and football season is an eternity away. Its a mix of angst and trepidation with a bit of hope and optimism that I less than patiently await the new season.

The BCS is gone and now we have a bad playoff system in its place. A new face replaces Monte Muffins illegitimate love child for Vandy and a few coaches find their seats uncomfortably warm as the season nears (Mushchamp looking at you dawg). Every QB that can pass for a college QB have left the SEC strangling to replace or adapt in that position with Mizzo and SC looking to be in the catbird seat in that regard. We launch a new SEC network this year so we can finally watch Vandy and UK play on TV. Hopefully Steve Oswald Spurrier gets to join the cast of commentators before he dies. Ole Ball Coach would be a sound bit a minute cohosting a show with Pollock and Eric Ainge. Let's make that happen.

The usually suspects have been picked to win their divisions this year UGA (really? No QB, no OLine, broken WRS, new DC and system, same Hobo and CMR, Gurley may or may not be 100% the list literally goes on and on) and Bama (Buck Fama) (I hope Sabans daughter catches herpes from Kiffin) and the usual experts will be wrong again this year. With the mass exodus of QBs from the league we should see a return to the D and running game that has taken a back seat the last few years. Yes Auburn and UGA fans you really must play D at some point, sorry but its not an option. When you don't play D ACC teams win national titles.

I'm off to work now, sorry this write up was all over the place. I was playing hungry hungry hippos while typing it.

Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 09 April 2014 - 08:32 AM, said:

So here I sit, my Vols have ugly questions at QB and OT and some not so ugly questions all over the field. The O&W game is coming up and football season is an eternity away. Its a mix of angst and trepidation with a bit of hope and optimism that I less than patiently await the new season.

The BCS is gone and now we have a bad playoff system in its place. A new face replaces Monte Muffins illegitimate love child for Vandy and a few coaches find their seats uncomfortably warm as the season nears (Mushchamp looking at you dawg). Every QB that can pass for a college QB have left the SEC (East) strangling to replace or adapt in that position with Mizzo and SC looking to be in the catbird seat in that regard. We launch a new SEC network this year so we can finally watch Vandy and UK play on TV. Hopefully Steve Oswald Spurrier gets to join the cast of commentators before he dies. Ole Ball Coach would be a sound bit a minute cohosting a show with Pollock and Eric Ainge. Let's make that happen.

The usually suspects have been picked to win their divisions this year UGA (really? No QB, no OLine, broken WRS, new DC and system, same Hobo and CMR, Gurley may or may not be 100% the list literally goes on and on) and Bama (Buck Fama) (I hope Sabans daughter catches herpes from Kiffin) and the usual experts will be wrong again this year. With the mass exodus of QBs from the league we should see a return to the D and running game that has taken a back seat the last few years. Yes Auburn and UGA fans you really must play D at some point, sorry but its not an option. When you don't play D ACC teams win national titles.

I'm off to work now, sorry this write up was all over the place. I was playing hungry hungry hippos while typing it.

FIFY. In the West, Ole Miss, State, and Auburn all return their QBs.
Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 09 April 2014 - 08:41 AM, said:

My statement stands. I am fully aware they return people to play the position.

Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 09 April 2014 - 08:56 PM, said:

My statement stands. I am fully aware they return people to play the position.

Then your statement is incorrect.
Posted Image

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 09 April 2014 - 08:41 AM, said:

Smokes be trollin brah.

As a matter of fact, here is his theme song: http://chiptuneswin....iptunes-srsbsns

(9) Ole Miss Rebels  9-3  (5-3)

RIP #DakAttack

RIP State's Playoff hopes

View Post1dawgfan09, on 09 December 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

I don't remotely care about the EB trophy. And, yes, I am completely serious.

Posted Image

Formerly known as FCNDawg

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 09 April 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

Then your statement is incorrect.

Dak Prescott is not in the same category as the QB talent that left last year. Nick Marshall has a bright future at Safety. The rest in the league still here fall somewhere between where Prescott is and playing out of position like Marshall.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostForwardRebels, on 09 April 2014 - 09:10 PM, said:

Smokes be trollin brah.

As a matter of fact, here is his theme song: http://chiptuneswin....iptunes-srsbsns

There is a difference between the talent in the SEC at QB today and what left last year. A huge difference.

Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 09 April 2014 - 10:14 PM, said:

Dak Prescott is not in the same category as the QB talent that left last year. Nick Marshall has a bright future at Safety. The rest in the league still here fall somewhere between where Prescott is and playing out of position like Marshall.

What do you define as a good qb? Oh, and I get that you're trolling, but the question is an honest one.
Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
But to say that Prescott who only started 7 games yet threw for over 1900 yards and rushed for more than 800, or that Marshall who threw for over 1900 and rushed for over 1,000 on his way to a NC, or Wallace who threw for over 3,000 yards aren't worthy of being called QBs, that's a load of horsePosted Image.
Posted Image

MerlinsJizzSack

MerlinsJizzSack

en fuego

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
I do think Dak is legitimate talent at QB, but his passing stats were meh last year (10 TD 7 INT) so some people aren't going to be convinced until he proves it for an entire season

Swayze Field - Oxford University Stadium

Posted Image

The best damned college baseball experience in the land

Formerly known as RebelFan4Life

Based Potato

Based Potato

#3rdyearforwhat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
For a sec I thought smokey would do the impossible. Get OM and MSU fans to be on the same side of an argument.
Posted Image all of you

Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMerlinsJizzSack, on 09 April 2014 - 11:09 PM, said:

I do think Dak is legitimate talent at QB, but his passing stats were meh last year (10 TD 7 INT) so some people aren't going to be convinced until he proves it for an entire season

don't underrate a qb that seems to have that "it" factor. everybody else on the team seems to be better when he plays
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Stefanozz

Stefanozz
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Obviously people are not even considering the juggernaut.... Jeff Driskel.
Posted Image

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
One heck of a troll thread that is all over the place. Hit nearly every team in the SEC including the same ol same ol trashing of UGA, his most hated team.
Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Winter's over.Guess I need to trim my toenails.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users