Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Thank you vandy

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

2015 SEC Champs

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 04 April 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

What? Yes we are probably the smallest d-1 but we only have low attendance when the team couldn't whip itself out of a wet paper bag. Even two years ago at what y'all called the lowly bbva bowl we had the 3rd or 4th highest bowl attendance of all bowls and I can tell ya first hand it was a sea of red shirts in that stadium. How many showed up for yours?
41K for BBVA, against Pitt no less, and the majority of the fans were UK.  Joker was at the helm and the fan base was divided.  Y'all were pretty excited about freeze, as y'all should.

We did set the Music City attendance record before that at 68K multiple times, and 56K at Liberty Bowl.

My point was never to insult Ole Miss or Vandy, you guys are the two lowest attending schools every year, it is what it is. Im wondering why the game isn't being played on campus at all.

Posted Image

Matt

Matt

NashVol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostStallingsBaldSpot, on 04 April 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

Did this back in 2000 and 2002. If we do that again, I will go to David Williams office personally, and Posted Image on his desk.

If you are going to sacrifice home field for a big check might as well make it the biggest check possible.

Matt

Matt

NashVol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHoganknows, on 04 April 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

Our snake oil saleman has left and we back to SOV. At least one smart move today in Nashville...Titans got rid of CJ, what a one year wonder!!

I see you changed to a Titans fan...  The Bears make you mad or did you just not like CJ that much?

Matt

Matt

NashVol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostStallingsBaldSpot, on 04 April 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

I get the theory behind why were doing it. They know Ole Miss will bring a Posted Image ton of fans to the game and essentially turn a home game into a :lanekiffin:ing away game. It's a money grab. And I'm not so sure our fans will travel to LP. We can't even get them to go to Bridgestone.

The problem with the Bridgestone game according to work friends that are Vandy Season Ticket Holders was that they had to pay for another ticket.  Are they going to make STH pay extra to go to LP?  If they do then Fancy Suit; Cheap Shoes has lost his mind.

Edited by Matt, 04 April 2014 - 02:16 PM.

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

NCAA Baseball National Champs 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMatt, on 04 April 2014 - 02:12 PM, said:

I see you changed to a Titans fan...  The Bears make you mad or did you just not like CJ that much?

Titans got a new coach and attitude...might draw me back in. Old coaching staff was awful and we just got rid of CJ....so this staff is a wise one so far!!

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 04 April 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

41K for BBVA, against Pitt no less, and the majority of the fans were UK.  Joker was at the helm and the fan base was divided.  Y'all were pretty excited about freeze, as y'all should.

We did set the Music City attendance record before that at 68K multiple times, and 56K at Liberty Bowl.

My point was never to insult Ole Miss or Vandy, you guys are the two lowest attending schools every year, it is what it is. Im wondering why the game isn't being played on campus at all.

59,000 + bbva vs Pitt.  

Now compare average enrollment of us and everybody else. I would dare to say we have the highest percent of fans at a game. Not near as many alumni.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 04 April 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

You can bet tv money had something to do with where played.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 04 April 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

59,000 + bbva vs Pitt.  

Now compare average enrollment of us and everybody else. I would dare to say we have the highest percent of fans at a game. Not near as many alumni.

I've tried to explain this several times. That on a percentage basis per alumni ole miss and msu have some of the highest figures in the country. And you have to remember that only a 7 years ago our enrollment was at an all time high of 12k students yet we were throwing 60k regularly into the vaught, 7k in tad pad, and 8k in swayze.

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMatt, on 04 April 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

The problem with the Bridgestone game according to work friends that are Vandy Season Ticket Holders was that they had to pay for another ticket.  Are they going to make STH pay extra to go to LP?  If they do then Fancy Suit; Cheap Shoes has lost his mind.

No. This game will be a part of our season ticket packages. The parking pass, is a different story though.
Twitter: @country_cookin

Posted Image

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 04 April 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

I've tried to explain this several times. That on a percentage basis per alumni ole miss and msu have some of the highest figures in the country. And you have to remember that only a 7 years ago our enrollment was at an all time high of 12k students yet we were throwing 60k regularly into the vaught, 7k in tad pad, and 8k in swayze.

Vandy has 6k undergrads. I'd say were at te biggest disadvantage.
Twitter: @country_cookin

Posted Image