Clowney is the Greatest Player Ever!!! - Page 2 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Clowney is the Greatest Player Ever!!!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postpossumslayer, on 03 April 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

Clowney is a one hit wonder.
I see what you did there, but keep on dreaming...
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostALA2262, on 03 April 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

Derrick Thomas had more sacks (27) in 1988 than Clowney had (23) in his entire 3 year career. Derrick Thomas had more sacks (18) in 1987 than Clowney had (16) in his final two seasons. Derrick Thomas had more sacks (5 and 4) in two single games in 1988 than Clowney had (3) in all of 2013. And Derrick Thomas is not even in the College Football HOF.
you forgot to add that derrick thomas wasn't nearly schemed against as much as clowney was...therefore youre argument is invalid!
Go Cocks!!!

ALA2262

ALA2262
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 04 April 2014 - 10:14 PM, said:

you forgot to add that derrick thomas wasn't nearly schemed against as much as clowney was...therefore youre argument is invalid!

LMAO! You have no :lanekiffin:ing idea what DT faced. You didn't even know what a scheme was when he played. You probably never saw a Bama game when you were between the ages of 10 and 12.

Sure, a guy who had 52 sacks in 3 years is going to be schemed against less than one who had 23. :rolleyes:

Edited by ALA2262, 05 April 2014 - 06:31 AM.

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostALA2262, on 05 April 2014 - 06:29 AM, said:

LMAO! You have no :lanekiffin:ing idea what DT faced. You didn't even know what a scheme was when he played. You probably never saw a Bama game when you were between the ages of 10 and 12.

Sure, a guy who had 52 sacks in 3 years is going to be schemed against less than one who had 23. :rolleyes:
first off, don't assume you know how old I am. I do remember watching Derrick play, and offenses would run in his direction almost as much as they went away from him which is why he had so many sacks. Clowney on the other hand was consistently having to shed 2-3 blockers and avoid chop blocks, all while he had to cross the field to run a play down, as the offense always moved in the opposite direction. Take off the crimson glasses. I'm not saying he was a bad player, I'm saying Clowney is better...AND YES, as most analysts had said all season, Clowney is not only the most schemed against player in the last 30 years, he's also one of those players that doesn't come around very often...a once in a generation type player as they called him. I don't remember the same being said of Derrick!
Go Cocks!!!

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostALA2262, on 05 April 2014 - 06:29 AM, said:

I'm not sure what Gamecock Fan is talking about, but I would like to point out that the talent level Clowney plays against now is vastly superior to the talent level back in the day. That and the fact that Clowney half-assed it his last year.

If Todd Gurley tied Herschel's records, it would be more impressive that Gurley did it than Herschel, because the talent level is today>>>>>>then

Edited by JohnRambo, 05 April 2014 - 03:10 PM.

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man

Like him

Formerly known as bmccall

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJohnRambo, on 05 April 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

I'm not sure what Gamecock Fan is talking about, but I would like to point out that the talent level Clowney plays against now is vastly superior to the talent level back in the day. That and the fact that Clowney half-assed it his last year.

If Todd Gurley tied Herschel's records, it would be more impressive that Gurley did it than Herschel, because the talent level is today>>>>>>then

It's all relative. If Herschel was in a modern day SEC weight program and nutrition plan, he would be even better than he was back then.
"It's all about a mindset at Alabama, either you buy into the program or you don't." - CJ Mosley

Posted Image

Based Potato

Based Potato

I wish I took my breakfast like James Hunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHail2TheTide, on 05 April 2014 - 04:44 PM, said:

It's all relative. If Herschel was in a modern day SEC weight program and nutrition plan, he would be even better than he was back then.

I'd take Herschel right now. Hah, Herschel in orange. Posted Image is weird just thinking about it
Posted Image

Hoganknows, on 23 June 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

Tennessee will rise to the top very soon

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postptclaus98, on 05 April 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

I'd take Herschel right now. Hah, Herschel in orange. Posted Image is weird just thinking about it
is that because an old Hershel is better than any young Tennessee back?  lol...
Go Cocks!!!

Large Marge

Large Marge

Ask me about Loom

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'd take George Rogers over Herschel if I wanted to score some good blow. I'd make the check out for "cocaine" too. Just sayin'.
Posted Image

Large Marge

Large Marge

Ask me about Loom

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'd take Jared Lorenzen over anyone for a good double cheeseburger
Posted Image

Flusterbubby

Flusterbubby