Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Latest Topics



Latest News

Top Bettors


Top High Fived



Tiger Woods out of the Masters

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61
GATORSFAN21

GATORSFAN21
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,870
  • Joined:
    Nov 2012
  • Cash:
    799
  • High Fives:
    1,138

View Postbbqit, on 04 April 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

The masters is the one tourney I keep up with start to finish. If I'm in the field planting its on the radio just like a football game when I'm harvesting
I don't really care for golf, but I love watching the masters

#62
bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    19,725
  • Age:
    55
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,814

View PostGATORSFAN21, on 04 April 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

Yeah, The last one is pretty douchey

He brings a cool vibe to golf and isn't your "traditional golfer"..

Agreed on the traditional golfer thing. Those types seem to bring a human element to the game an average golfer can relate to.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

#63
bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    19,725
  • Age:
    55
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,814
John daly did that. As much nice things he did off the course he let us all down on the course and late night off the course. I think he had a good heart but his addictive personality destroyed a lot of it. Through it all I find myself pulling for him just to piss off blue bloods. Long story of why I think that way and it's more than just pulling for an underdog.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

#64
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,142
  • Age:
    58
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,128

View Postbbqit, on 04 April 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

John daly did that. As much nice things he did off the course he let us all down on the course and late night off the course. I think he had a good heart but his addictive personality destroyed a lot of it. Through it all I find myself pulling for him just to piss off blue bloods. Long story of why I think that way and it's more than just pulling for an underdog.

Daley's addiction got him there and got him ruined when he couldn't control it.He's a good guy but never got to reach his full potential because of booze.I still pull for him because he's just a guy trying to beat the demons.

#65
bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    19,725
  • Age:
    55
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,814

View PostL.A.Hog, on 04 April 2014 - 07:51 PM, said:



Daley's addiction got him there and got him ruined when he couldn't control it.He's a good guy but never got to reach his full potential because of booze.I still pull for him because he's just a guy trying to beat the demons.

I agree.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

#66
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,142
  • Age:
    58
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,128
Woods was dominant,but the competition was pretty weak.Early on he would kick butt from the get go,but as time went on it seemed that the field would just choke on back to him.

He didn't seem to have the competition of the Nickalaus,Palmer,Etc age.

The early golfers had to win to survive financially.Woods was a millionaire,Nike,when he turned pro.No worries about a meal.

I'm not hating on him,but circumstances were different for him and I wonder if the pressure of having to win to survive may have made a difference.

#67
CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

    I'm an angel in an earth suit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,494
  • Joined:
    Nov 2005
  • Location:
    Olympus
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,174

View Postbbqit, on 04 April 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

John daly did that. As much nice things he did off the course he let us all down on the course and late night off the course. I think he had a good heart but his addictive personality destroyed a lot of it. Through it all I find myself pulling for him just to piss off blue bloods. Long story of why I think that way and it's more than just pulling for an underdog.
Like I said, I had met him after the debacle of him getting into it with another golfers dad in a parking lot. I drove around in my cart and was amazed at how he was acting like it was just another day at a muni course with some buddies. A kid of a member was riding with John and the asst pro and the kid was cleaning his clubs after every shot. Kid didnt have to but John let him do it. At the end of the 18, John called the kid over and handed him his irons and the kid asked him did he want him to clean'em all and John told him "nope, they're yours". The kid was just hypnotized and his mother came over to John, crying and telling him "you have no idea what an impact you just made on my son". John told her, "I just treat people the way I would want to be treated". Johns had his battles but has a heart that no man could equal.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

#68
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,780
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Location:
    The Beach, The Mountains, U Pick
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,597

View PostGoldenRebel, on 02 April 2014 - 07:59 AM, said:

Not going to lie. I watch mainly because of tiger. Without him in it I won't go out of my way to watch until Sunday. Depending on the leaderboard maybe not till the final 5 holes.

I'm the opposite, I won't watch unless Tiger ISN'T in it; and the reasons are the same as many listed in the thread, from poor etiquette on the course, to even worse etiquette off it.

He's always been an arrogant asshole, but since his decline he's proven to be completely intolerable... watching that prick fail the last 5 years has been the kind of karma (as L.A.Hog said) I truly appreciate.

View PostJoeGator, on 02 April 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

Ratings will plummet, but the number of actual golf fans will remain the same.

And for the record, I have hated Tiger since he started dropping f bombs, throwing his clubs, and pitching a fit on the course. Which started long before any of his indiscretions were public.
He's just a tool.

Yep, and the ratings won't actually plummet anyway; all those bandwagon type fans who just watched because of the Tiger notoriety were replaced by other new "fans" who support the new big names with big personalities.

A fine example of "you reap what you sow" if ever there was one.
Posted Image

#69
GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

    A Proud Swayze Crazy

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    21,264
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    10,304

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 05 April 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:



I'm the opposite, I won't watch unless Tiger ISN'T in it; and the reasons are the same as many listed in the thread, from poor etiquette on the course, to even worse etiquette off it.

He's always been an arrogant asshole, but since his decline he's proven to be completely intolerable... watching that prick fail the last 5 years has been the kind of karma (as L.A.Hog said) I truly appreciate.



Yep, and the ratings won't actually plummet anyway; all those bandwagon type fans who just watched because of the Tiger notoriety were replaced by other new "fans" who support the new big names with big personalities.

A fine example of "you reap what you sow" if ever there was one.

Yelling after a shot isn't bad etiquette. He is in no way harming the performance of another player. When have you ever seen tiger play out of turn, walk through a line, not consult on decisions, talk whenever someone else is in stance, put his shadow in their field if vision, etc.

I player competitive tournaments for years and have seen bad etiquette first hand.  Nobody on tour even comes close to having it.


#70
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,780
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Location:
    The Beach, The Mountains, U Pick
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,597

View PostGoldenRebel, on 05 April 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

Yelling after a shot isn't bad etiquette. He is in no way harming the performance of another player. When have you ever seen tiger play out of turn, walk through a line, not consult on decisions, talk whenever someone else is in stance, put his shadow in their field if vision, etc.

I player competitive tournaments for years and have seen bad etiquette first hand.  Nobody on tour even comes close to having it.

Acting like a child having a temper tantrum is bad etiquette, especially for a pro; and he's done that plenty.

Etiquette doesn't just entail actions that interfere with the play of others; you're expected to act your age as well, especially at that level.

I've played in tournaments and have a cousin on tour right now; that doesn't make me any more or less qualified to recognize bad behavior when I see or hear about it.
Posted Image

#71
GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

    A Proud Swayze Crazy

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    21,264
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    10,304

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 05 April 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:



Acting like a child having a temper tantrum is bad etiquette, especially for a pro; and he's done that plenty.

Etiquette doesn't just entail actions that interfere with the play of others; you're expected to act your age as well, especially at that level.

I've played in tournaments and have a cousin on tour right now; that doesn't make me any more or less qualified to recognize bad behavior when I see or hear about it.

Meh that's just boring. Kj choi

#72
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,142
  • Age:
    58
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,128

View Postbbqit, on 04 April 2014 - 08:27 PM, said:



I agree.

You know,it's a shame this happened to Daly because he brought a lot of attention to golf himself.He had a big following from the average Joe type guys and we may not care as much about Woods if he hadn't blown up.Daly had great natural skills.

He's just a regular guy and he was always loyal to St Jude's.

#73
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,142
  • Age:
    58
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,128

View PostGoldenRebel, on 05 April 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:



Meh that's just boring. Kj choi

Well Dufner is a ball of fire...ha

I do like his game though.

#74
RammaJamma

RammaJamma

    Enjoying the Process

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,550
  • Age:
    42
  • Joined:
    Jun 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,632
If you ever get to go it's a sight to see. I went back in the early 90's the guy that owned the range we used in college took me and a buddy. He takes pictures of the grounds and sells them I think he's had a few make calendars and whatnot.

My brother lives in Augusta tried talking him into jumping the fence and playing a few holes..
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users