Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Tiger Woods out of the Masters

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjacobp, on 02 April 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

Its funny how many of you think golf will be just as popular and enjoyable without the greatest player in the world competing.

Mickelson may not suit up for the Masters either. No Tiger, no Phil, ratings will plummet.

1/2 hate tiger because he was a sex fiend. Big f'in deal. The other half hate him because the cameras are on him all the time. Like that's his fault.

Ratings will plummet, but the number of actual golf fans will remain the same.

And for the record, I have hated Tiger since he started dropping f bombs, throwing his clubs, and pitching a fit on the course. Which started long before any of his indiscretions were public.
He's just a tool.

Edited by JoeGator, 02 April 2014 - 10:30 AM.

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjacobp, on 02 April 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

Its funny how many of you think golf will be just as popular and enjoyable without the greatest player in the world competing.

Mickelson may not suit up for the Masters either. No Tiger, no Phil, ratings will plummet.

1/2 hate tiger because he was a sex fiend. Big f'in deal. The other half hate him because the cameras are on him all the time. Like that's his fault.

I hate him because he's a prick, but I've covered it in previous Tiger threads. Not sure how the math works out, I don't fit in either half.

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
hell yeah...lets change it to the TGA

He has always said he gauged himself by major wins. Been 5 years now ?

nuff said....
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Tiger is my Oakland raiders of golf. Love to see them get beat but they have to be there and be good to make it worth while.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Almost ever golfer is a prick. You only know it about Tiger because they show him on the course so often.

Most accounts I've gotten from people who've been around the tour is that Mickelson is one of the biggest pricks on tour...but tv makes him seem like a goody goody.
Posted Image

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjacobp, on 02 April 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

Almost ever golfer is a prick. You only know it about Tiger because they show him on the course so often.

Most accounts I've gotten from people who've been around the tour is that Mickelson is one of the biggest pricks on tour...but tv makes him seem like a goody goody.

No, Tiger refuses to play in the FedEx St. Jude because they won't pay him an appearance fee. He's the richest athlete in the world, and yet refuses to play in a tournament for St. Jude.

Yea, I'll never listen to anyone who tries to convince me that Tiger doesn't deserve to go fall asshole-first onto the thorniest stick possible.

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Mickelson is a douche when the camera isn't on him. I've seen it with my own eyes.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Maybe they are all pricks, but at least they don't act like it.

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
its funny you bitch about the St. Jude classic, when the St. Jude page has a blurb on their touting all his charity work for St. Jude.
Posted Image

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjacobp, on 02 April 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

its funny you bitch about the St. Jude classic, when the St. Jude page has a blurb on their touting all his charity work for St. Jude.

The only thing I've seen about St. Jude and Tiger Woods is when he sponsored a library and outdoor pavilion for Target House in '99 and submitting hand-drawn pictures of elephants to be put on the walls at Target House in '02. That's it. I bet he donates money, but nothing more since 2002.

So yea, he might write a check to put his name on a library, which is fine and appreciated. But the St. Jude Classic is an awesome tournament, and the pros take time to visit the hospital and visit with the sick kids whose lives are changed by all the awesome people who not only donate money to the hospital, but also take time out of their busy lives and busy schedules to visit the kids themselves and really make a personal impact on each kids' life.

I donate to St. Jude, and my parents both have donated to St. Jude every month since 1992. Me showing up and meeting the kids won't make a lifelong impression on them (it would on me), but you don't think Tiger couldn't spend a few days in Memphis actually being a halfway decent person and changing the lives of some kids who deserve to have those kinds of experiences meeting celebrities and athletes? Apparently he doesn't, because he doesn't get an appearance fee so he doesn't attend.

He is a fckwad and I thoroughly enjoy seeing him fail for being a piece of shit. His embarrassment with his sex scandal and losing a smoking hot wife couldn't have happened to a more deserving individual. Sure, for a while he was the best, but he won't go down as the best ever and I hope that eats him up inside.

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
And just to set the record straight, I don't care if you like Tiger Woods. You can like whoever you choose to. Just don't marginalize the large number of people who don't like him for reasons other than a sex scandal or TV time. He truly is a piece of shit and there are a lot of other reasons not to like him.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Oh.
Wade actually HATES him.
I was joking about the painkiller thing, but I definitely can't stand him.

E-Man

E-Man

Still lurking, apparently...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I know very little about any of the golfers personally, and have never been slighted by any of them, so I can't comment about that. I like it when the best golfers are all playing at their best, so I'd prefer for Phil and Tiger to be there and contending. I dislike this news...

If we're going off of personal anecdotes though, a friend of mine who worked at an airport and had run-ins with several celebrities said that Greg Norman was quite rude and Tiger was really nice and down to earth.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostE-Man, on 02 April 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

Tiger was really nice and down to earth.

Just got laid in the airport bathroom.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Norman, mickleson and many more can't hold Arnold palmers jock for attitude
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users