Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Jack Nicklaus

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I had the fortune of being one of about 150 people to get to see and hear the Golden Bear speak today at FedEx World Headquarters to announce his company's partnership with FedEx to ship his golf balls. For those that don't know, Nicklaus is now manufacturing golf balls and is selling them for near wholesale, but there is a lot more reasons to purchase them.

For every dozen balls sold, $1 goes to Nicklaus Children's Health Care Foundation and $1 goes to St. Jude at a minimum. When you purchase through his website (and he said through his pro shops) you also have the option to donate to the charities in larger amounts if you prefer, but it is voluntary.

http://www.nicklaus....ens-healthcare/

The balls themselves are branded his "Whites," "Blues," and "Blacks" depending on where you hit from, and go for $28, $28, and $32 respectively (before any donations).

http://shop.nicklaus.com/golf-balls/

Just wanted to pass this along. It was incredible getting to listen to him for an hour, and I randomly walked past him, his wife, and his business manager and crew as he was leaving outside the building and shook his hand. Only thing that would have made it any better is if I had won one of the two signed pin flags they gave away, but I wasn't that lucky.

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He was killer in " the shining"

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWadeWilson, on 31 March 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

I had the fortune of being one of about 150 people to get to see and hear the Golden Bear speak today at FedEx World Headquarters to announce his company's partnership with FedEx to ship his golf balls. For those that don't know, Nicklaus is now manufacturing golf balls and is selling them for near wholesale, but there is a lot more reasons to purchase them.

For every dozen balls sold, $1 goes to Nicklaus Children's Health Care Foundation and $1 goes to St. Jude at a minimum. When you purchase through his website (and he said through his pro shops) you also have the option to donate to the charities in larger amounts if you prefer, but it is voluntary.

http://www.nicklaus....ens-healthcare/

The balls themselves are branded his "Whites," "Blues," and "Blacks" depending on where you hit from, and go for $28, $28, and $32 respectively (before any donations).

http://shop.nicklaus.com/golf-balls/

Just wanted to pass this along. It was incredible getting to listen to him for an hour, and I randomly walked past him, his wife, and his business manager and crew as he was leaving outside the building and shook his hand. Only thing that would have made it any better is if I had won one of the two signed pin flags they gave away, but I wasn't that lucky.
you got tooo shake a legends hand! Cool....screw the flags!

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Pretty cool, if I were actively playing I would get my golf balls from there.

Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postpossumslayer, on 31 March 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

He was killer in " the shining"

Definitely easy to get them mixed up............geez.....

Yo

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I will try and support St Jude's we usually try and take a day of the tourney in Memphis they put on but I ain't gonna lie.... it'll have to be a helluva ball to replace ProV and Bridgestone.

Cool you got to meet the Golden Bear!
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users