Elite 8 And The SEC - Page 3 - SEC Basketball Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Elite 8 And The SEC

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 30 March 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

I don't understand what Jay Williams and Fran Frashilla see in Michigan.
Both picked them over the Wildcats.

I'm torn between seeing 2 Big10 teams in the Final Four, and seeing Kentucky in the Final Four.
Glad our game is over.

They're probably thinking the same thing I am... with UK's size advantage at nearly every position, few teams are going to be able to match it physically by sheer aggression.

Even the few teams that can match the size can't match the talent too.

The teams that have had the most success against UK this year aren't big teams, they're fast teams with shifty guards that can go by the tall but slow Harrisons... and UM is one of those kinds of teams.

Should be another great game between 2 teams with different abilities and philosophies; I think the team who can force the other to play their brand of ball wins.

Saw Digger earlier and he essentially said the same thing; UM will probably play zone and force the twins to duplicate their shooting from the last game.
Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I understand we're a football conference and with all the recent success of Florida I don't see why we don't get the respect simply because of Kentucky.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 30 March 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

I understand we're a football conference and with all the recent success of Florida I don't see why we don't get the respect simply because of Kentucky.
Because the rest of the country hates UK basketball fans.

SEC football has the advantage that when y'all are down, someone else picks up the banner.  When UK is down,we currently have Florida as the flavor of the month.  Arkansas and LSU before that, Alabama and Tennessee before that.  The rest of the country doesn't give two craps about anyone in this conference outside of Kentucky.  Florida is a consistent program these days, but when Billy leaves they go back to Posted Image just like they always were.  Their fans pretend to care but they would trade a football title for a basketball one without a second thought, and don't really care if basketball goes back to sit, as long as football wins.  They couldn't even be bothered to show up to see their championship banners hung up during a regular season game.  This is why Kentucky fans hate them.  Not because they're making us have to work for conference titles, but because 90% of their fan base don't give a Posted Image and just use it as a Posted Image talk ploy to piss us off.  We would take the basketball title every time over football.

Alabama gets it.  Y'all took the trophies around to places like WalMart for the fans, who waitednwho knows how long just to get a flimpse,.  That's Kentucky basketball passion right there.

Edited by PuddingTime, 30 March 2014 - 01:56 PM.

"At Kentucky, we don't just play college basketball. We ARE college basketball." - Coach John Calipari

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 30 March 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

Because the rest of the country hates UK basketball fans.

SEC football has the advantage that when y'all are down, someone else picks up the banner.  When UK is down,we currently have Florida as the flavor of the month.  Arkansas and LSU before that, Alabama and Tennessee before that.  The rest of the country doesn't give two craps about anyone in this conference outside of Kentucky.  Florida is a consistent program these days, but when Billy leaves they go back to Posted Image just like they always were.  Their fans pretend to care but they would trade a football title for a basketball one without a second thought, and don't really care if basketball goes back to sit, as long as football wins.  They couldn't even be bothered to show up to see their championship banners hung up during a regular season game.  This is why Kentucky fans hate them.  Not because they're making us have to work for conference titles, but because 90% of their fan base don't give a :lanekiffin: and just use it as a Posted Image talk ploy to piss us off.  We would take the basketball title every time over football.

You're being a real pussy lately, y'know?

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 30 March 2014 - 01:56 PM, said:

You're being a real pussy lately, y'know?
Tell me with a straight face you'd take the basketball title.
"At Kentucky, we don't just play college basketball. We ARE college basketball." - Coach John Calipari

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 30 March 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

Tell me with a straight face you'd take the basketball title.

I wouldn't.
What does that matter?

I don't get why you whining after having the most disappointing regular season, only to storm back to the Elite 8 and probably Final 4.

Edited by JoeGator, 30 March 2014 - 02:00 PM.

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hey, it's GOOD when you can win both football and basketball titles, something KY can't even dream about.
That being said, I am hoping KY wins big today.

Obama is an incompetent boob!

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 30 March 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

I wouldn't.
What does that matter?
Because y'all don't give a Posted Image about it.  We do.  Back to the UConn game.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 30 March 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

Because y'all don't give a :lanekiffin: about it.  We do.  Back to the UConn game.

So you're whining like a Grandpa who is out of Werther's because we don't care as much?

I'll chalk it up to you being drunk and nervous.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I do find it annoying that we are not allowed to support more than one program at a high level.

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
good luck to both florida and Kentucky the rest of the way!  do our conference proud!
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 30 March 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

I do find it annoying that we are not allowed to support more than one program at a high level.
You're allowed, your fan base just struggles to do it.
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 31 March 2014 - 12:15 AM, said:

You're allowed, your fan base just struggles to do it.
lol exactly.

FAN

FAN
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm not a Basketball guy, but I decided to watch some hoops this weekend since I got the flu and was laying in bed. This has been pure entertainment. Big ups to Kentucky and Florida. Watching 5 freshman come together in Kentucky. Battling back early with kids that are what 18-19? Knocking off Patino and Louisville. Good stuff boys. And Florida just looks elite. I never really thought of the SEC as a basketball conference because football overshadows hoops around here but I've changed my attitude slightly. Tennessee represented well too. I've really gotten into this basketball thing and I'm proud of the SEC.

I would love to see a Florida/Kentucky Final. :cheers2:
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 31 March 2014 - 02:13 AM, said:

lol exactly.
that's isn't to say our resident Gators on here don't support both well,  but the average Gator isn't going to lose sleep over the basketball team not winning.  Meanwhile,  we're burning stuff and taking to the streets. It's no different than if you flipped it for football though.

Edited by PuddingTime, 31 March 2014 - 04:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users